Sparkplug SP3 First thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptkeeper197

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
cincinnati, Ohio
Well I got my Sp3:) I am very impressed it looks great. Put my 510 adaptor on it, which looks cool on it too.
It vapes like a 3.7 device should. It is very comfortable to hold and the switch is very easy to use. No miss fires, works everytime.
It is very durable, I see very little that could go wrong with it.
I just got the base unit. At only 20.98 including shipping there is no way in hell I will ever pay 100 bucks for a tube.

James, my man if you made a few more versions of this excepting 14500s and 18650s you would crush the competition.:toast:

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
WP_000032.jpg

Here ya go...Sorry for the cruddy picture...Also, keep in mind, I do have large hands.

cryptkeeper197

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
cincinnati, Ohio
Well here's an update for ya...
My unit started having issues not fire and so fourth so here is the bottom line.
Just heard back from the company.
This is the response I got.

james.mcdo​nald@mcdona​ldwebb.com

To Nicholas Sanderfer
We really arent set up for adapters, or other atomizers any more, it's too expensive for us to constantly replace product that has been altered or used with other items.

If the SP3 unit is used as it comes, without atty adaptations, different batteries,etc., it generally works for a long time, if it's cleaned and maintained. When you look at the value of what it comes with, it's worth it to not alter it, considering 29.99 is what you pay for a 510 knockoff without liquid. We may look at creating products that are meant for adaptation, but for now it's just to much hassel.

So if you are using it "as it came" in a kit, and are having problems , specify what you think isn't working and we would be glad to replace. If not...it could be your adapter, your atomizer...etc.

Sincerely,

President
McDonald-Webb, Inc.
James McDonald
615-530-1032

Now read these emails below this is the kicker!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [SPAM] [Product Information] compatibility
Date: Tue, July 19, 2011 6:12 pm
To: <james.mcdonald@mcdonaldwebb.com>

Thanks for the fast response just placed my order.Winking smile

To: nksand@live.com
Subject: RE: [SPAM] [Product Information] compatibility
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:46:57 -0700

yes

Sincerely,

President
McDonald-Webb, Inc.
James McDonald
615-530-1032
james.mcdonald@mcdonaldwebb.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SPAM] [Product Information] compatibility
Date: Tue, July 19, 2011 10:31 am
To: customerservice@mcdonaldwebb.com,james.mcdonald@mcdonaldwebb.com

cryptkeeper197 sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.sparkplugforsmokers.com/store.shop/contact.

I was wondering if could use a standard 801 to 510 adapter on the sp3?

I clearly asked him if I could use an adapter before ordering.
He says yes, I can use an adapter and now that my unit is no longer working properly, he won't offer support because I am using an adapter. lol

Oh well only out 20 bucks.... such is life

Last edited:
Hey Fella's, was reading your post's yesterday and thought......why not order one of these at such a great price! So I order one on Thursday and get a confermation sent back to me of my order,they charge my credit card and I went to their site today to review my order and can't access my account,can't find my order anywhere on the site. So I send them an email asking what is going on with my order and they tell me their server went down and they know that my card was charged but lost my address and what I ordered from them.WTF? So i finally get that info back to them and they tell me my order will be shipped ASAP. Well, just hoping this not to be a scam. Anybody else have any problems from them?

cryptkeeper197

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
cincinnati, Ohio
Oh by the way,where did you find that for 20.00 Cryptkeeper? Mine was 29.99+ shipping

I just bought the base unit which they call the power regulator that's why mine was only 20.98 with shipping.
If I have time next month I might mod it to get it to work, till then it shall sit in the junk draw.
The last thing you want when having a nic fit is constant miss fires. lol

Last edited:

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Hey Fella's, was reading your post's yesterday and thought......why not order one of these at such a great price! So I order one on Thursday and get a confermation sent back to me of my order,they charge my credit card and I went to their site today to review my order and can't access my account,can't find my order anywhere on the site. So I send them an email asking what is going on with my order and they tell me their server went down and they know that my card was charged but lost my address and what I ordered from them.WTF? So i finally get that info back to them and they tell me my order will be shipped ASAP. Well, just hoping this not to be a scam. Anybody else have any problems from them?

Thus far I've had two items shipped from them. Both arrived in two days Priority mail...no issues at all there. The web site is a little funky though...still haven't been able to get my warranty registered.

cryptkeeper197

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
cincinnati, Ohio
I found the problem for me any way. If you take the switch cap off you will see the white stop and contact post. When you push the button in it is suppose to come out flush to the battery. I popped it off and sanded the bottom so the post would come out farther. I also took a drill bit and widen the post hole a hair. It was not always clearing the white stop and therefore not making contact with the battery.

So you see Mr.Webb my adapter and atty are fine.
Your switch is the issue now go fix your hardware and quite making lame excuses.
Good day.

Last edited:

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Awesome...that's good to know cryptkeeper. Glad you're up again! Mine was, indeed the atty though. Since I've had the new one on there, I haven't had any issues at all. But I am noticing that my 50/50 Mango juice from Rockstar is starting to taste a little like burnt sugar. Maybe it's just too hot for that juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread