Specific problem, but forced here as a new memeber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

That One Guy

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
I accidentally opened one of my manual batts last week. Sat on it. Any ways there is a sealed lion batt kind of like looking at top of an aa batt. Yes there are wires and circuits in there. But nothing to be afraid of. If your real worried about opening it up wear gloves. If it's dead it can't hurt to try revive it.

Are you speaking of the plate where the hole is at on the battery? It seems like it moves, but I didn't want to jack around with it, until I tried less destructive methods. I almost look for simple fixes of various things online, but if the fixes are super complicated (messing with wires) I'd rather just spend the money, than go through the headache of learning new crap.

Last edited:

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Killer of auto batts here!

I've resurrected almost all of them. And even some I couldn't fix, were fixed by others.

Best thing to do: suck out all the liquid that you can by putting your mouth over the end and drawing hard (dont swallow it) Then set the battery in a small cup with the hole pointing down. I use a little folded napkin in the bottom of the jar. Now leave it for as long as you can. A few days. A week. (Or more if necessary). Then see if any fluid is left by sucking on it again. Let dry in cup another couple days. At this point I would try charging.

Sent from my pod

That One Guy

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Killer of auto batts here!

I've resurrected almost all of them. And even some I couldn't fix, were fixed by others.

Best thing to do: suck out all the liquid that you can by putting your mouth over the end and drawing hard (dont swallow it) Then set the battery in a small cup with the hole pointing down. I use a little folded napkin in the bottom of the jar. Now leave it for as long as you can. A few days. A week. (Or more if necessary). Then see if any fluid is left by sucking on it again. Let dry in cup another couple days. At this point I would try charging.

Sent from my pod

Yeah, sure that may work. After this tho, I'm done with automatic batteries. To me they are a great starting point for newbies switching from analogs, but I've been vaping for a while now and love the manual. However, I'll keep your advice in mind, and if it fails maybe we can trade or I can sell you my wonderfully perfect battery, that I just hate and it works perfectly. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread