Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Almost all I use anymore are squonks. My only issue is finding a spot to set it down if I’ve got both cup holders full.
Two words: Shirt pocket.
Disclaimer: May not be practical if you're using some kilowatt-class multi-cell monstrosity.

roostaphant

May 3, 2014
Minneapolis
When you say pre-built coils, do you mean the disposable kind that are used in tanks (like the ones that are used in a TFV8), or do you mean pre-made coils that you put in an RDA? I'm not a huge fan of the tank coils, but I love using pre-made clapton wire. Not the kind you can buy from UD, as that stuff is garbage in my opinion. I get mine from Star Builds - I think the only way to get them right now is through the facebook group, but the coils are the best I've ever used. They offer a variety of different styled claptons (I use the nichrome micro aliens, personally), and will even wrap the coil to fit your specific RDA. I highly recommend them to anyone that uses an RDA.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
When you say pre-built coils, do you mean the disposable kind that are used in tanks (like the ones that are used in a TFV8), or do you mean pre-made coils that you put in an RDA? I'm not a huge fan of the tank coils, but I love using pre-made clapton wire. Not the kind you can buy from UD, as that stuff is garbage in my opinion. I get mine from Star Builds - I think the only way to get them right now is through the facebook group, but the coils are the best I've ever used. They offer a variety of different styled claptons (I use the nichrome micro aliens, personally), and will even wrap the coil to fit your specific RDA. I highly recommend them to anyone that uses an RDA.
Not sure which post you are referencing. I assume from the type of language used they were referring to coil cartridges, simply because the difference between home wrapped wire and premade coils for RDAs is near zero. There’s only one brand of squonkable RDA on earth that I know of that ever used coil cartridges though, and it was supposed to have some issues. Had weird pan shaped cartridges.

roostaphant

May 3, 2014
Minneapolis
Not sure which post you are referencing. I assume from the type of language used they were referring to coil cartridges, simply because the difference between home wrapped wire and premade coils for RDAs is near zero. There’s only one brand of squonkable RDA on earth that I know of that ever used coil cartridges though, and it was supposed to have some issues. Had weird pan shaped cartridges.

How easy is it to squonk and drive? Also how much better is squonking versus pre-manned coils?

I assumed by 'pre-manned', he meant 'pre-built. Sorry for any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread