SS Groove vs Itazte MVP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
I really like my MVP, had it a month and no complaints. I was wavering between the Groove and the MVP, and I went with the MVP because the Groove was only available in plastic at the time and the MVP had a lot more reviews out. I want to experiment with VW, and I may get a stainless Groove sometime in the future, but I've got my heart set on the Tesla as my next purchase.

frankfennel

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
US
I'm stuck between these also.

MVP can be vaped while charging, Groove can't, at least the original plastic ones can't. I'll search more, but pretty sure the new SS Groove can't vape while charging.

Groove's 3800 mAhs should always last me eventhough I dry burn my coil about every 3ml, but I like the assurance of the MVP being a PT I can connect to my car or wall and never worry about battery life usually, but again 3800 mAhs is a lot and requires no car adapter & wire.

Groove has an ohm meter, MVP doesn't, but I just wrap 4X and know my general ohms. Where I set my volts is most important and basically overrides needing to know the ohm.

I presonally don't need the Variable Wattage of the Groove, which MVP doesn't have.

Groove can't scroll volts/watts, but it round robins. MVP doesn't round robin and I'm pretty sure it scrolls, but MVP has a basically useless puff counter you must bypass that might be as much work as tapping + or - volt/watt on the Groove.

Groove is thinner, but wider and taller. But if you use a 510 tank, you're height will be less than the MVP because MVP has the EGO + 510 adapter that sticks out. I use a 510 Protank, and would just get a $3 510-to-ego adapter if ever needed with the Groove, but I probably won't need EGO threads.

MVP can charge other devices, but I'll probably never need it or be carrying a wire when I do.

I think MVP's easier to fire from where the button is.

Despite Groove being SS, I'm pretty sure MVP's built stronger.

Pbusardo review of Groove w/ MVP comparisons:

A PBusardo Review - The Smoktech Groove - YouTube

People commented that their fire button doesn't stick like the one in Pbusardo's review.

Last edited:

Asmuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Virginia
I compared the 2 last month and went with the MVP. What tipped me to the MVP was the groove was plastic and I couldn't find one negative thing said about the MVP. I have been pleased with it, no complaints at all. Now i can easily save up for a provari or sidewinder, I have no desire to replace the MVP at the moment.

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
MVP is miles above the plastic groove in terms of build quality, but I haven't seen or held a SS Groove so I cannot comment on that. I would imagine the build quality to be the same, just in a SS shell rather than plastic. I notice things like crooked screen and usb connector in PBusardos comparison video there (again plastic Groove).

DNCMenteer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
Honolulu, HI
I had a groove and loved it. Until it caught on fire, and the only way to stop the fire was to take it apart and cut the battery wire. Also, the atty connection is held together by a plastic bracket. This had cracked and made the connector wiggle. I made a metal one and had no more problems with the connection being wobbly. In no way am i saying that all the grooves will have this problem. If i could find another one at a decent price i would buy it in a flash. Im just saying be prepared tor take it apart if a fire does start.

frankfennel

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
US
I think DNC meant their fire button stuck like the one in Pbusardo's review, but others have said it doesn't happen with theirs. I don't think DNC would bother cutting the wire if it were in flames.

I'm not so worried about dropping either one. I'd probably break my Protank if so, untill hopefully someone makes a glass tank enclosed in metal like the kanger mt3 and a replaceable tip would be great.

I heard other power bank-type MODs' 510 ports come undone like DNC said about their Groove but I haven't heard of any MVPs doing that.

Both the MVP and Groove will eventually die, and unless someone makes a turorial to replace the battery (if there are compatable ones), most will throw theirs away. So maybe just a 3000mah VV tube MOD would be best if it's not too big or expensive and maybe carrying a spare battery. Chargers and batteries can be had cheap on ebay etc and carrying a spare 3000mah might be easier than a car/wall adapter and cord with the MVP because I dry burn coils a lot and don't want to run out of mahs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread