• Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
these are quite well design but my batch of stardust seem to give some sort of funny taste together with my juice flav, totally spoiling the flavors experience. :((

I've found that to be true of every Stardust in the beginning - my solution to it is to fill with 50/50 PG/VG and let it sit for a while, then dump the PG/VG, repeat, and fill as usual - it seems to remove the funky chemical taste :)

takirb

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
SC
I've found that to be true of every Stardust in the beginning - my solution to it is to fill with 50/50 PG/VG and let it sit for a while, then dump the PG/VG, repeat, and fill as usual - it seems to remove the funky chemical taste :)

I'm having the same issue i believe, i just know that these things taste pretty nasty on the inhale. Just curious what the difference is between using 50/50, vs having one filled with normal juice (i use 70/30) and sitting overnight (we refill at night to be ready for the next workday)? I've cleaned mine each time i've changed flavors, and i've tried almost all my flavors with the same nasty or blank taste on inhale. I really want these things to work, just wondering if there's anything i can do to actually enjoy the flavor of my juices with them. Maybe the longer wicked stardusts will remedy the problem.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I'm having the same issue i believe, i just know that these things taste pretty nasty on the inhale. Just curious what the difference is between using 50/50, vs having one filled with normal juice (i use 70/30) and sitting overnight (we refill at night to be ready for the next workday)? I've cleaned mine each time i've changed flavors, and i've tried almost all my flavors with the same nasty or blank taste on inhale. I really want these things to work, just wondering if there's anything i can do to actually enjoy the flavor of my juices with them. Maybe the longer wicked stardusts will remedy the problem.

I think the only difference is that I use the pg/vg mix with no flavor, let it sit for a while, dump it out, repeat - it seems to get rid of the icky chemical taste, kind of like blowing out the primer from an atty before using it. Not sure why you're still getting the icky flavor when you refill! I don't know if the longer wick will help or not - I think they do prime the mouth pieces of the Stardusts, but if you're cleaning it between flavors it should go away....

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
I switch to a higher voltage battery (eGo Upgrade - 4.2v)
The stardust I was using quickly gave a burnt flavor.
I tried a new one, same thing burnt flavor.
Anyway, after reading through the posts here, I gave them both a good rinse with hot water, shook out all I could.
Gave them a good long dry burn, off and on till I saw no smoke at all coming out of them.
Refilled them and problem solved :)
I have no idea why this worked, but I'm sure happy that it did.

kaysesoze

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Virginia
1.8-2.0ohm clearomizer are the truth. Ordered 3 from healthcabin.net and they took forever and a say to get to me, but definitely was well worth the wait. Connected to my eGO battery, and it provides more vapor than my vv.. If you have a ego battery, try at least 1 of the 1.8-2.0 ohm lr clearomizer.... Trust me you will thank me for this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

div

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2010
So California
I like mine very much, short wick and longer ones. Now I got the cleaning part down (super easy) without taking them apart. But notice my liquid does get quite dark and syrupy after a few refills. Wondering if I'm heating the liquid too much when I vape..so maybe over doing it? I have a riva 901 and igo 1300.
I haven't had any cracks or leaks, just fill and go, so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread