Stardust , am I dreaming?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scribes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
MN
These are getting hard to decipher. So many new products so fast, its hard to tell what to buy. I have been using volcanos clearos for a few months, and they are absolutely excellent in the flavor and TH department, but at times they dont wick the greatest, but better than anything else i have tried.

The stardusts intrigue me, but there are multiple versions on various websites, which to get? Then Gotvapes has this Phoenix thing, wtf is that, looks interesting, but i have some bottom feeder tubes that are horrible, so i dunno if thats worth it?

Ugh

Why does gotvapes have the new colored stardusts in a rotated banner on their homepage, yet i cant find them anywhere on the site for purchase?

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
if you are using liquids at 70pg/30vg or thinner, the phoenix bottom coil works flawlessly for me. as soon as i go 60/40 i get wicking issues. ive been using the same phoenix 1.5xl 6 days now (cleaned it twice) and it puts my trusted boge 2.0 to shame at this point.
when i use 70p/30vg i never get a dry hit...ever. not a single leak even when its been upside down or side ways through the night.
these are working very very nicely for me.

gotvapes colored startdust's can be found here VISION eGo Clearomizer Stardust™ : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Maybe this is the latest CE4
Replaceable atomizer in tank...
View attachment 98349

Can you tell us where you found this. I cant seem to locate it anywhere. That looks awesome !

In a big Vision / stardust fan and just tried the Viovi Nova as well. The nova heads still need work yet. I have some long wicks V3 on order but would love to check this pc out that you posted.

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
if you are using liquids at 70pg/30vg or thinner, the phoenix bottom coil works flawlessly for me. as soon as i go 60/40 i get wicking issues. ive been using the same phoenix 1.5xl 6 days now (cleaned it twice) and it puts my trusted boge 2.0 to shame at this point.
when i use 70p/30vg i never get a dry hit...ever. not a single leak even when its been upside down or side ways through the night.
these are working very very nicely for me.

gotvapes colored startdust's can be found here VISION eGo Clearomizer Stardust™ : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. this makes sense. I cant be 100% sure what the mix of my juices are but most of them are bolder blends like coffee / cream chocolate / strawberry ect ect.... and I just got some of the pheonix's from GV and I have to do 4 dry pulls to get one good vape out of them.

I need to start the DIY process asap

fishohunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
One 'Fcuk' City
Can you tell us where you found this. I cant seem to locate it anywhere. That looks awesome !

In a big Vision / stardust fan and just tried the Viovi Nova as well. The nova heads still need work yet. I have some long wicks V3 on order but would love to check this pc out that you posted.

Hi MDO1265,
Is not out in the market yet...
It will be a big hit
U can request them a sample order..
I have PM u already...
e best parts is that, its replaceable/rebuildable and can use any 510 drip tips and different color too

New 1.jpg New 2.jpg

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
Maybe this is the latest CE4
Replaceable atomizer in tank...
View attachment 98349

Hi MDO1265,
Is not out in the market yet...
It will be a big hit
U can request them a sample order..
I have PM u already...
e best parts is that, its replaceable/rebuildable and can use any 510 drip tips and different color too

View attachment 98495 View attachment 98496

Wow! these have an uncanny resemblance with the GG iAtty and the Odysseus!

chewie

Verified Member
After trying these things, I was surprised when people said they lasted all day. I must be a really heavy vaper. I can empty one in less than 2 hours when I am not doing anything except watching TV. When I am busy it will last a lot longer, but when my hands aren't busy, as when I smoked analogues, I have to refill it every couple of hours. But I still like these better than the 3.5ml Vision Deux "Extreme" with the whistle tips. Those occasionally have faulty threads at the bottom that won't screw into my KGO or any eGo for that matter, and other quality control measures like burning the plastic seal that goes over the cup where the coil is. I have been able to move the wick with tweezers in the 3.5ml Extreme so the coil didn't touch the cup anymore, as sometimes it would be installed against the side of the cup, and need to be moved so it didn't burn the cup and cause a burnt plastic taste.

I like the Stardust/ CE4+ because of the warmer vapor they make for using a 3.7 volt PV like a KGO or eGo. And the flavor is the closest thing to dripping, without the polyester filling, there is nothing to get in the way of the flavor on the coil and your taste buds. So far the short wicks haven't been a problem for me. I use 60PG/40VG and one 100% VG liquid, and wicking works fine as I don't mind holding my KGO horizontal and tipping it to get liquid on the wicks, I never get dry or burnt hits while vaping, like can happen on the 3.5ml Vision Deux Extreme, with it's very long wicks.

Other than that, I can't wait to try the Phoenix and the Cryptonite 8, bottom coil versions of clearomizers like the CE2 and a mini tank. GotVapes already has a bottom coil version of the CE4, but just worry that putting the coil on the bottom of clearomizers will always make for a cool vape, as I have read and heard on early YouTube reviews of the Phoenix, and the 2ml Cryptonite with what appear to me to have decorative screw on caps, because of having all that cool liquid around the air straw the vapor has to pass through to get to your face and lungs.

Andante51

Nov 20, 2011
Michigan
In case anyone is still following this thread that had involved some talk about the new longer/multiple wick Stardusts just hitting the streets, I discovered last night that Smoktek now has the new ones in stock, even the 2.1-2.4 LR version with the pretty colors and long mop-like wicks. I was just going to buy more of the short-wick Stardusts that we have been very happy with for the past month, except for a few downsides; but the place where I'd purchased them before was out of the transparent black, which I just had to have.

So I wandered over to the Smoktek site, as they had said a few days back they would soon be getting in the new long-wick versions, and at first thought they only had the super low resistance ones available (down at 1.8 to something), which would be too low for my KGO batteries. But then I found they did now have the 2.1-2.4's in stock. Even though there aren't a lot of real world reviews out yet on how the new ones perform, I decided I better take the plunge, and bought eight of them. I wanted to chicken out and wait a week until I could reassure myself they really did wick better than the short-wick ones, but was afraid if I did that they would then be out of stock, and we're desperate for some new ones.

Here's the link if anyone is anxious to try them out:
Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer V2 for 510/eGo, 2.1-2.4 ohm

And they are calling them V2, which drives me bonkers, because that's what the last short-wick ones with the pip were called by many vendors! I'll post what I think of them when they arrive in a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread