Status
Not open for further replies.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Hi all....I wanted to get a concencus on this before I invest more in another clearo/carto that frustrates me. :) I've been using the Stardusts, have about 10 or 12 of them, but they are just far too inconsistent. Work great at first, but then flavor is muted, burnt taste, less vapor, and after each cleaning performance declines. I haven't tried the rebuildable yet...so that could be the solution I am looking for, we shall see. I;ve tried the Phoenix....awesome vape...IF they work. Of the two boxes I ordered, each had at least 1-2 duds, and I think they are just too easy to mess up due to how precise you have to be when filling, etc. I guess I'm just not good at that kind of thing, since I keep hearing its all "user error" LOL! :)

That brings me my next question...the Vivi Nova? I'm hearing good things...and would really love to hear from people who have tried it, and the Stardusts as well.

Any info, comparisons, thoughts in general, pros/cons, etc, are welcome here!

Thanks so much!

mattt9998

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Rochester, NY
I have a vivi nova 2.5, I love it. They use the same heads as the eGo Vision's aka the stardusts with replaceable heads. I have some stardusts with replaceable heads but have not used them yet. I would think the vape would be similar seeing how they use the same heads, with the only difference being the draw as they are different tubes and may have different air flow.

Maybe someone who has used both can chime in?

sanman969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Seattle, WA
Agreed. Heads are now the same/similar. How much juice do you use in a day? The Stardusts are more streamlined but the ViVi holds more. Both of the latest models work very well. Pay attention to the head/ohms and the type of device you will be using. So far, most of the heads I received have ohm'd out a little higher than advertised (i.e. the 2.4 shows 3.0 ohms on my Provari).

I have a vivi nova 2.5, I love it. They use the same heads as the eGo Vision's aka the stardusts with replaceable heads. I have some stardusts with replaceable heads but have not used them yet. I would think the vape would be similar seeing how they use the same heads, with the only difference being the draw as they are different tubes and may have different air flow.

Maybe someone who has used both can chime in?

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Agreed. Heads are now the same/similar. How much juice do you use in a day? The Stardusts are more streamlined but the ViVi holds more. Both of the latest models work very well. Pay attention to the head/ohms and the type of device you will be using. So far, most of the heads I received have ohm'd out a little higher than advertised (i.e. the 2.4 shows 3.0 ohms on my Provari).

Thanks for the input! Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to the ohms in the ones I have recieved thus far, primarily because I was just grabbing whatever was in stock. Any suggestions on which ohms work best on the Ego? I also have the Ego twist...and would love some tips on which ohms people have found work best for them at which Vs on the Twist.

Thanks!

mattt9998

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Rochester, NY
If you have a VV device it matters less what ohm level you buy as you can turn it up or down to fit what you are using.

Also I just filled up one of my ego vision/stardusts with replaceable heads up with juicy vapors ecto plasma, it seems to preform the same as my vivi nova, if I had the same juice in both I dont know if I would be able to tell the difference, both taste very clean, juice taste like what it is supposed to. There will be my go to devices.

mol

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
pittsburgh pa
Was beginning to think is was just me who dose not like the stardust's. There great right out of the box but, like you, I feel there flavor delivery goes south fast. Never used one long enough to get the burnt taste. But my friends love them. When I see them that's all they use.Two are still useing the ones I gave them 3 weeks ago. I visited altsmokes store front in Columbus and he described the same problems with the stardust's you did.
ken mol

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Was beginning to think is was just me who dose not like the stardust's. There great right out of the box but, like you, I feel there flavor delivery goes south fast. Never used one long enough to get the burnt taste. But my friends love them. When I see them that's all they use.Two are still useing the ones I gave them 3 weeks ago. I visited altsmokes store front in Columbus and he described the same problems with the stardust's you did.
ken mol

Agreed....if they could maintain their level of performance, I would love them too. I have about 10-12 of them, and at around $6 a piece, that's a decent amount of money to spend on something that doesnt even last as long as some cartos in my opinion. I haven't tried the rebuildables...so that might be the answer, but I just got a bunch of the Smoketech 1.7ohm cartos, or "Resurrectors", and I am absolutely loving them. Taste is on par with a new stardust, vapor and TH are even better IMO. I don't get the filler taste like other cartos I have used. I will say that the Stardusts last a little bit longer on the lighter juices, but I typically vape 50/50 PG/VG, and majority of my juices are darker...and they just don't last long at all. I think the mixed reviews must really have to do with the juices people are using with them.

I'm definitely interested in the vivi nova though...I think they sound like they are worth a shot!

Rivaman

May 4, 2012
London
I have tried the standard Stardusts and also the replaceables (they're not true rebuildables at least not easily,you can change the heads and they are easy to clean). I'm using my ancient Riva batteries and a Twist, 50/50 juice. Of the standards about half were good ,the other half so so with weaker flavour and less vapour.With the replaceables all the 2.4ohm heads have been excellent,great flavour and vapour,no sign of fall off after 3/4 weeks and many refills. Strangely of the 4 , 1.8 ohm heads I've used, 3 have been disapointing,I'm not really sure why this is. I've tried swithching them on to 'good' bases also btw but no change. So with an Ego type battery I'd try the 2.4 ohm replaceables, for me they work so well don't really see the need for VV,unless the juice is really weak, note they start to burn above 4V. Haven't tried the Novas, but might get a mini Nova to see how it compares.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread