Status
Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
O.k. If the FDA is all up in arms about e-cigs because they aren't sure of the long-term effects and are contemplating banning them, why the :censored: do they still allow for the sale of CIGARETTES when they KNOW that they're bad for you? Why is alcohol still legal (but only over the age of 21, because by then you're supposedly "old enough" to make "rational" decisions??? Don't get me started on our servicemen and servicewomen who are "old enough to put their lives on the line to protect our country", but aren't "old enough" to buy themselves a beer!)

E-Cigarettes Under Fire

One of the things that got my goat in this article:

"We are concerned about the potential for addiction and abuse of these products. We don't want the public to perceive them as a safer alternative to cigarettes."

-- Rita Chapelle, FDA spokeswoman.

WHATEVER!

"They are nicotine delivery devices intended to be used like a cigarette. What happens to someone who stops inhaling the tars of cigarettes and inhales only nicotine? We don't know. There is at least the potential for harm."

-- Norman Edelman, MD, chief medical officer, American Lung Association

Uhh, so they stop sucking in a bunch of tar into their lungs. What about the people who use the gum or patches????? Aren't they still getting nicotine delivered into their system????

...End Rant

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
they don't want to ban vaping, they want to ban the diy aspects of it. anything that could make it affordable and easy. They want the money, they could care less about the health.. Just like anyone and everyone in a position of power given to them by a government that feels it's above the law. We're cattle to them.

WelfareKid215

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2013
Sharon Hill, PA.
they don't want to ban vaping, they want to ban the diy aspects of it. anything that could make it affordable and easy. They want the money, they could care less about the health.. Just like anyone and everyone in a position of power given to them by a government that feels it's above the law. We're cattle to them.
Excellent aspect. Soon as the government finds a way to collect taxes from vapers for vaping everything will be fine again. They'd probably tax the sales of batteries, mods and e juices.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
O.k. If the FDA is all up in arms about e-cigs because they aren't sure of the long-term effects and are contemplating banning them, why the :censored: do they still allow for the sale of CIGARETTES when they KNOW that they're bad for you? Why is alcohol still legal (but only over the age of 21, because by then you're supposedly "old enough" to make "rational" decisions??? Don't get me started on our servicemen and servicewomen who are "old enough to put their lives on the line to protect our country", but aren't "old enough" to buy themselves a beer!)
While I'm not defending this, I imagine if cigarettes and alcohol where new products today, they wouldn't be legal. They stay legal because they are huge industries with boat loads of money and big lobbies.

Caffeine7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Riverside, ca
All we need to know is in the first letter of FDA. Federal. That translates to taxpayer funded so for their own survival they need OUR money. Also it means run by bureaucrats whose survival depends on regulation and taxpayer dollars. It also means they have a sense of entitlement to regulate us small people because they have federal in the name. I'm hoping rational heads will prevail but they are few and far between inside the beltway

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
Its good to know that Mary Jane is now legal and we know that is good for keeping us all calm and passive. Not to mention the taxes that are being generated to the states that now have legalised the plant. Back to the money trail.

Why not legalize and tax the plant up the wazoo and leave us vapers alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread