Status
Not open for further replies.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
How many posts does one have to get before they can post a new thread??

10 - 14... i forget. I know they have certain milestone settings. As an example but I'm not sure if this is the exact sequence: 10 for posting in forums other than the new members area, 14 for an avatar, 21 for a decent sized signature.

That's something of what it was like when I started.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
And I don't know that I've heard of many people getting 3 drops on a 510 atomizer.

I can only get about 2 drops.

Some people are saying they get about 10 drags.

Well, I had read so many people recommended 3 drops on dripping and thats what I'm doing without flooding. But I'm getting only 5 good drags.

Viewing the JOYE510 Personal Vaporizer User Guide from Scott Bonner he recommended 5 drops after draining the atty and 3 drops after that.

Vapo

Sep 12, 2009
This is just a suggestion, and maybe a dumb one (or one which has already been tried and discarded) seeing as I do not have an e-cig yet (I'm going to be ordering a 510 kit from awesomevapor.com if anyone happens to know anything about them, probably on monday or tuesday). However if I understand the concept right dripping is just saturating the mesh part of the heating element with as much solution as will adhere without dripping into the other bits, correct?

If this is the case, then shouldn't it be possible to extend a wire or bridge of similar material into a hole you cut in the normal cartridge material? It would be pushed as far as it could go without making the mouthpiece uncomfortably hot (don't know how hot the heaters get, but I believe the filler material touches them anyway?) and should keep the atomizer bridge everyone talks about (this is the part I'm assuming is some thin mesh or wires which absorbs the solution) completely saturated without running over, assuming there was no overflow from the cartridge itself. Or even better one could insert very fine steel wool to get the same effect, having it always connected to the atomizer. The only problem would be spreading the thing's heat out through the whole of your liquid, but that could be solved by having the connection point between the bridge and the new filler made of some kind of insulator (I a piece of ceramic or maybe some kind of high temp glass would seem easiest to me).

I don't know if this would work, but I wouldn't think it would be too hard to expand the dripping method to get many more drops in, perhaps even whole cartridges worth which were accessed just as easily as if you were putting individual drops onto the atomizer. You could get a real thin dropper and never even have to take the mouthpiece off except to clean it :D

Has anyone done something like that? If not I might give it a try when I get my 510.

mnealtx

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Camp Bondsteel, Kosovo
I have also found the the Windmill/Thermometer Method helps with dripping/dipping too.
When you start tasting that dry atomizer taste.

I'm still trying to figure out a logical reason to explain that one too.

Because there is juice in the mesh below the actual atomizer coil. By shaking it down like a thermometer and the atomizer the bulb, you're moving that trapped juice up to the coil.

You can do the same thing by taking the atomizer off and blowing a puff of air through from the battery end.

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
There is also the reverse atomizer blowout, if you end up getting too much liquid down into the deeper parts of the atomizer. Info can be found here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/puresmoker/34130-reverse-801-atomizer-blowout.html

I like to tilt my PV upward, then take a 3 or 4 unactivated draws on the PV. This seems to pull that liquid back into the atomizer where it can be vaporized, and doing this also seems to cut back on liquid reaching the battery connection as quickly.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
However if I understand the concept right dripping is just saturating the mesh part of the heating element with as much solution as will adhere without dripping into the other bits, correct?
That pretty well sums it up.

If this is the case, then shouldn't it be possible to extend a wire or bridge of similar material into a hole you cut in the normal cartridge material? It would be pushed as far as it could go without making the mouthpiece uncomfortably hot (don't know how hot the heaters get, but I believe the filler material touches them anyway?) and should keep the atomizer bridge everyone talks about (this is the part I'm assuming is some thin mesh or wires which absorbs the solution) completely saturated without running over, assuming there was no overflow from the cartridge itself. Or even better one could insert very fine steel wool to get the same effect, having it always connected to the atomizer. The only problem would be spreading the thing's heat out through the whole of your liquid, but that could be solved by having the connection point between the bridge and the new filler made of some kind of insulator (I a piece of ceramic or maybe some kind of high temp glass would seem easiest to me).

I don't know if this would work, but I wouldn't think it would be too hard to expand the dripping method to get many more drops in, perhaps even whole cartridges worth which were accessed just as easily as if you were putting individual drops onto the atomizer. You could get a real thin dropper and never even have to take the mouthpiece off except to clean it.
I think you might be on to something here.

And I may be wrong, but I don't think you'd really have to worry about the heat.
I don't think it gets all that hot very far from the actual heating element in the coil.

I could be wrong about that though.

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
But mostly I still use cartridges.
If I hadn't found out about the Windmill/Thermometer method I would never use cartridges.
I have also found the the Windmill/Thermometer Method helps with dripping/dipping too.
When you start tasting that dry atomizer taste.

I'm still trying to figure out a logical reason to explain that one too.

I'm hoping I'll be paying attention when you do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread