Started smoking again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newtovaping21

Oct 5, 2015
I need help finding the best Cig a like. Please only positive responses, I know they aren't as favorable as tank / refillable options, but stressful times hit and I started smoking American spirits, I was at 5 cigs a day, now 10, and it's getting worse

I started smoking 3 days ago after 1 year quit thanks to tank mod / vaping and nicotine patches ( obviously not at the same time), but I don't have the time or the energy to buy chargers and batteries and refill tanks etc etc.

I've heard the JUUL is good, but it's nicotine strength is intimidating. So far it's the only thing that looks close.

Any information is appreciated, and no I don't wish to graduate to anything other than this then patches and then nothing.

Edit: I'm looking for an easy charge, pop in a cartridge, no mess no hassle, etc. And if the JUUL is the best option, can you tell me how many puffs per cigarette session I should endure? I've heard 3 - 5 is equivalent. To be specific I'm smoking what I believe is called America Spirits " menthol mellow " or the light green menthol pack.
I need some help, thanks

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've never used cartos though I've heard favorable things about the Juul, except for cost. Obviously though, if you're still smoking that's going to be less important than reducing your cigarette intake again. The Juul does have very high nic, but it uses nic salts so the experience is a bit different-- Juul states that they are absorbed quicker than regular nicotine so supposedly provides satisfaction more easily. They also are less harsh, so you aren't going to die of a throat hit or anything. Keep in mind the Juul uses very low power in its device, so you aren't going to be flooded with nic, unless you chain vape of course. The number you put out as far as smoking equivalence sounds about right, though everyone's different so I can't really comment. Might be a good addition to what you are using now, some people buy premade nic-salt juice to refill cartos, which is also something you can use in any other device (at the correct strength for your device, of course) you can even DIY with nic salts if you so desire...

With that said, if I were to select a carto, I'd probably choose the Juul, and it would be a good device to use if you are really craving a cigarette. The only other thing I might suggest would be some WTA juice for when you are craving smoking, but I won't say too much about that other than there are plenty of threads you can search for if you decide that might be an option for you. I used them during my quit/transition period and was pretty happy with them.

Best of luck in turning that smoking around. That's why I don't ever even smoke ONE cigarette anymore, I'd be terrified at this point what that "one" could turn into. I definitely don't want to do the quit/vape transition again, it was horrible enough the first time.

Best of luck!

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If that's the case, once you patch it up, after you are done with the Juul? (You'll be lowering your nic significantly and I don't know if the Juul offers lower nic carts, but you may want to look into it before the patch time arrives to ease the transition) keep your Juul around with an unopened carto or two in case an intense situation arrives for you again.

Intense situations are one of the number one offenders for me when trying to remain cigarette free! There's a old saying I've heard, "You don't know if you've quit until a loved one dies." I have noticed the "stressful situation" effect on many an occasion, but as I vape, it fades, which is great...

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
@stols001 Anna does it again :p
I've tried the juul once (it was a free gift from a purchase i made) even though it wasen't good enough for me, it had respectable vapor production and the throat hit you get is good. Won't talk about flavor since i'm no fan of any tobacco flavors though :p

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Aww thanks guys.... I don't think I did much of anything other than read on here and learn, LOL. :) I can't say that one piece of advice I've ever given out (except the bad advice :p) on here wasn't learned on this forum. It's a self-perpetuating Forum of Learning, so I can't take credit for much other than having enough time on my hands at the moment than to do what my son accuses me of, "Yeah, Mom, we all know you want to know everything about everything..." :lol:. Usually when he wants me to shut up, LOL.

Anna

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
i too will chime in in favor of the Juul. I began vaping sometime around the beginning of August and I relied heavily on the Juul. As others have said, its vapor is not too strong. However, that company does not make lower nicotine pods. There are nicotine salt juices with lower levels of nicotine. Some people do refill the Juul pods with the juice of their choice. You will find some demonstrations on youtube. I checked it out and it looked that too much for me. You mileage may vary.

Good luck with quitting!

Newtovaping21

Oct 5, 2015
This JUUL is crazy powerful in terms of nicotine delivery, I love the convenience, haven't needed cigarettes whatsoever.

My only complaint is the draw on the device itself is finicky, I ordered a couple extra JUULs just now before I try to clean the connections / mess with it and or get a replacement because at least it's operational.

I have to put my fingers and press firmly over the tiny e juice windows for the pull to even activate. I've read all the reddits online how to clean / make it work just too paranoid to try them before backup arrives. In terms of what I'm looking for it's perfect if it operates. I do not miss cigarettes or refillable vaporizers.

Newtovaping21

Oct 5, 2015
Sounds like a problem with the device. In my experience, as long as it is charged it just works. I sometimes have to clean the charging connections. Hopefully the backup will arrive soon,

Yeah my plan is to find a good one from the batch and then just replace the fidgety one.

Edit: Filled out their online form for replacements, and the automated system has now sent me another JUUL free first class shipping.. so I'll have four? Lol. Let's hope that's the magic number.

Last edited:

Newtovaping21

Oct 5, 2015
The JUUL stopped firing completely, have it sitting in some rice and then I'm going to try again.

Does anyone have any tips? I absolutely love the product, but I'm just trying to Jerry rig this one until the others arrive Friday or Saturday.

If I had to guess I would say there was an original problem with the " airflow detector " whatever it's called. Then putting in pods to try compounded the problem by allowing the juice to leak because it was being used without vaporizing the juice properly. Like a domino effect. I have absolutely no regrets about the product or I wouldn't have more on the way. It lights up when I put in the pod so I know it's detecting it, but the sucker just won't let a " rip. "

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have used the e-Cigs Brand which got too pricey then the Logic and finally the Mark Ten XL before I got an iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini. I also used the MyJet POD System for a while but the Pods got hard to get and also the price went up. With all the cartridges they can be refilled a few times but you said you do not have time to fill a tank.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread