Starting up !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
United States, Naples, FL
Just bought my first AGA T2 tank and glass replacement, ohm meter, kanthol wire 32g and 28g, and 400 ss mesh from Clouds of Vapor here in Florida.

Ive read a ton and watched a ton of Youtube videos. I'm looking for experienced folks out there to chime in.

Give me some advice. Good videos to watch. I hear there is a good drill bit method to make your wick. Safety tips. Anyone care to chime in? Ill be using it on my Zmax v2 so I know the lowest ohm it will take is 1.5.

I would love any advice you seasoned vets have to offer. I'm trying to get ready for The Grid ihybrid (sig below) and I want to be ready to rock when it finally comes out AND if im lucky enough to score one. It seems like it will take some serious luck to get my hands on one.

Thanks ahead of time !!!

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Just bought my first AGA T2 tank and glass replacement, ohm meter, kanthol wire 32g and 28g, and 400 ss mesh from Clouds of Vapor here in Florida.

Ive read a ton and watched a ton of Youtube videos. I'm looking for experienced folks out there to chime in.

Give me some advice. Good videos to watch. I hear there is a good drill bit method to make your wick. Safety tips. Anyone care to chime in? Ill be using it on my Zmax v2 so I know the lowest ohm it will take is 1.5.

I would love any advice you seasoned vets have to offer. I'm trying to get ready for The Grid ihybrid (sig below) and I want to be ready to rock when it finally comes out AND if im lucky enough to score one. It seems like it will take some serious luck to get my hands on one.

Thanks ahead of time !!!

sorry, but that avatar has got to go!

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
United States, Naples, FL
Nope. It's irony at its FINEST. If you look closely......it says, "Hunk of the month" under it. That guy (Kip Winger) was one of the worst rockers of the 80's - early 90's and by no means a "hunk." Not that I find any guy a hunk.........not that there is anything wrong with that.....i just don't. I just love poetic irony of the whole thing and find that photo hilarious. He is all strung up in that nasty swimsuit thing, all hairy and nasty. He is my avatar for EVERYTHING. Because I AM the hunk of the month...ya.

Last edited:

Kamoch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
La Mirada, CA
Nope. It's irony at its FINEST. If you look closely......it says, "Hunk of the month" under it. That guy (Kip Winger) was one of the worst rockers of the 80's - early 90's and by no means a "hunk." Not that I find any guy a hunk.........not that there is anything wrong with that.....i just don't. I just love poetic irony of the whole thing and find that photo hilarious. He is all strung up in that nasty swimsuit thing, all hairy and nasty. He is my avatar for EVERYTHING. Because I AM the hunk of the month...ya.

LOL! Touche, my friend.:D

IMO, the Petar K method works well. I drilled out the wick hole on my AGA with a 7/64 drill bit and use the same bit to wrap my coil. That ensures the coil is the exact same size as the wick hole. I have a 60 x 40mm 400 mesh SS wick torched one over my stove, rolled & torched again (no quench) & juice burned once. The AGA T is notorious for the top coil hot spot but just pulse & nudge the coils till they all fire evenly and at about the same time. If you have a mechanical mod it is easier to dry fire it since the ZMax might give error messages if there is a hot spot. And one more thing, don't fill your tank before you do all this setting up, the juice will hide shorts/hot spots & you will get a nasty burned taste. Good luck & congrats!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

man i thought that was you, i get it now, and i will always know who you are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread