SteamPunk Spark Plug 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krijmo

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
A, A
Just bought a sp2 that I got on clearance from myvaporstore for like 38 bucks. I know nothing about this ecig, and was previously an ego/riva user. I like the idea of this ecig, but as with all ecigs, you have to learn about its quirks and idiocyncracies. I think I need to buy new batteries, as the ones I have stink. No prob, battery suppliers sell the CR123's for like 2 bucks a piece, but the whole thing comes apart and I've heard little blurbs about maintaining the button and the springs and keeping the connection area clean, etc. Just cant seem to find some general information.... HELP????:blink:

bigb

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Phoenix, Az
As an avid thermo user, I learned how to maintain the switch the hard way. The spark plug/thermo is a great mod. Mine has been dropped more times than I can count, and there are no circuits to fry. However, where the switch makes contact tends to oxidize.

To maintain the switch,
Screw off the switch,
hold from bottom, and gently push the switch through while cupping the white plastic part with your fingers,
keep pushing until it is apart.

Now start looking at the switch, and you will see where it is black, and that stuff has to go.
Take a small sharpie,
wrap a small strip of sand paper around the end (medium to fine grit)
put it inside the outer piece of the switch and spin until you get it off
now look at the bottom of the inner part of the switch, and you will see the same black junk on it, sand it off!

Reassemble and your good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread