smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Is this commercial juice or did you mix it?

Either way, like others here have suggested, the most popular way to deal with this is put it in the back of your rotation. You can check on it every now and then until it's to your liking.

Also, if it's a flavor your not use to, it can take several tries for you taste buds to wrap themselves around the flavor during the process.

Last edited:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2013
    High Desert, CA
    So I just got some juice and it's not tasting the way I like it. I think it needs to be steeped. I was going to put it out in the sun for a while. But I wasn't sure if it would damage it. Does anybody know a quick way to steep e-juice
    Thank you

I agree with others that if you have the patience natural steeping over time is the best way. That can take anywhere from 2 weeks to over a month depending on the components in the juice.

I prefer to hasten the process by using a food dehydrator at 145F for 5 hrs. This equals about 2 weeks of steeping for the juices I make. I'm now using nic salts so it's not possible to test nic degradation with a simple titration test kit (these kits don't work with nic salts), but have tested FB nic several times before and after steeping this way and the nic strength loss was less than .2%, so just not a concern to me. Direct sunlight might be a bigger concern, but I haven't ever tested that.

Since I normally am working with anywhere from 4 to 8 different mixes at a time, going through many iterations while improving them to my taste, a quick method of steeping is a must for me. I don't like any kind of steeping that involves water like water baths or ultrasonic cleaners. Just too messy and can't put labels on until done with steeping so it gets confusing with multiple different mixes steeping at the same time.

Dehydrators are cheap, I paid $49 for mine and I see Amazon has them for $57. So not a big investment if you make juice and want quicker steeps. Once I finalize a mix I will just generally let it steep naturally, but I'm mixing in larger volumes, generally 120ml. For developing mixes though I start with 10ml and might go through many different iterations before I'm happy enough with the mix to make a 30ml so I can vape with it for a longer time. I just don't have the patience to take 6 months or a year to develop a finalized ejuice.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    This all depends on what juice the OP is referring to and how much.

The use of additional equipment to quicken the steeping of juices always intrigued me. But, since I usually vape 30mls a week and make about 2 months worth at a time, I never found where it would make sense for me.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2017
    Is this commercial juice or did you mix it?

Either way, like others here have suggested, the most popular way to deal with this is put it in the back of your rotation. You can check on it every now and then until it's to your liking.

Also, if it's a flavor your not use to, it can take several tries for you taste buds to wrap themselves around the flavor during the process.
    It's commercially juice that they make as you order it.

G and C

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 3, 2014
    California
    I second the ultrasonic cleaner option. You can use warm/hot water in it to aid in the steeping process, and the constant gentle vibrations help with mixing things up. If I'm in a hurry for something to be ready, that's usually the route that I go.

That being said, there really isn't a substitution for a little time.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The problem with heat steeping is it can have unpredictable results. Since I have no idea what your flavors are, I'd be somewhat hesitant to recommend much. I have occasionally let a mix sit in hot (tap hot) water for half an hour to get things moving, but only if someone wants juice, and wants it immediately. It's typically a higher flavoring percentage than I would use.

If you have an ultrasonic cleaner you can use that, but I wouldn't set it to heat. The agitation process is usually enough to generate SOME heat in any case.

Your best bet is going to be waiting. If you can't wait and you have an empty bottle, I'd suggest decanting SOME of it and trying whatever heat steep method gets you fired up, and leave the rest to just sit and shake it vigorously every now and then.

That would also give you something of a comparison point. Good luck,

Anna

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Vaporfi Island toasted coconut

Looks like good juice. Depending on the PG/VG, you might have to shake it really good every day if it's fresh made. The higher the VG, more you want to shake.

Here's a steeping blog from Vaporfi.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread