EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Uh, no.

Tapped out
I had ZERO luck with Chevy, marginal luck with Ford, pretty damned good (albeit SLOW) luck with a 72 VW bus, great luck with a Chrysler Newport, I can't talk about the AMC Gremlin without using swear words, enjoyed my annoying but still pretty cool 70 Barracuda convertible, and was able to not even think about my Corollas. The Tercel got me from Texas to AZ and housed me for several months but that only cost me $25 so it was a value and a half.

What can I say? My life with cars has been MY life with cars.

I forgot to mention the exceptionally smelly Bonneville station wagon but I'd rather try to move away from that trauma.....lol

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Not hard to imagine your bad luck with Chevy if you drove a chevette. Not much luck involved, actually...

Tapped out
It was free. From my dad. Who didn't bother to get a/c or anything extra in it but an ashtray. In Arizona. Oh, black plastic interior, too.

GOD it sucked getting into that car in the summer. I had to cover everything it blankets and keep a thick towel over the steering wheel so I wouldn't burn myself.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
It was free. From my dad. Who didn't bother to get a/c or anything extra in it but an ashtray. In Arizona. Oh, black plastic interior, too.

GOD it sucked getting into that car in the summer. I had to cover everything it blankets and keep a thick towel over the steering wheel so I wouldn't burn myself.

I had a Chevy spectrum in the early 90's that was a real POS, too.

So many things wrong with that vehicle...

Tapped out

JBR3AK

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2012
Moosic, Pennsylvania, USA
The Provari is a great product, but the others are catching up fast.

Just got an iTaste SVD and have owned a Provari before. The ability to use wattage or voltage, build quality, ability to use 18xxx batteries without having to buy an extension, and consistancy definately give the Provari a run for the money. And speaking of money... it's half less than half the price.

If you don't want to become the iPhone of vaping devices, you should realy step up your game.

~just sayin~

I agree about the VW aspect. But as for the iPhone analogy... How many people do you see waiting in line at a bestbuy to get there hands on a Droid/HTC before the doors open? And who did they get the "set standard" of a smartphone from? IMHO, you can't improve perfection. Since the start of my vape journey, I blew $200 on china mods. (An SS vtube, and 2 Vamo's). And none of which lasted longer than 6 months each. If I could do it again, I'd buy my provari right out of the gate. I just simply believe you get what you pay for. But, an added VW feature would be nice from provape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Orange Country

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
The South
The Chevys were worse, though.

This is where I'd step in and say Mopar's the ONLY car but then I'd have to tell you about the Barracuda and ITS issues...lol

In my younger days I was a diehard Chevy man, but I've been a loyal BMW owner for about 15 years now. However loyalties seldom last forever and the 2014 S4 has been batting it's eyes at me.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
In my younger days I was a diehard Chevy man, but I've been a loyal BMW owner for about 15 years now. However loyalties seldom last forever and the 2014 S4 has been batting it's eyes at me.
Unfortunately, BMWs were never within my grasp...lol

JBR3AK

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2012
Unfortunately, BMWs were never within my grasp...lol

Ya'll could do what kids here in PA do. Get a 95 M3 on its last leg, put a fartcan exhaust on it, black primer, and drive it til it blows up. I've seen just about all the butchering done to these cars.. It's sad but true.. *Smh*

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Ya'll could do what kids here in PA do. Get a 95 M3 on its last leg, put a fartcan exhaust on it, black primer, and drive it til it blows up. I've seen just about all the butchering done to these cars.. It's sad but true.. *Smh*

I'm too old to want to go through that much trouble for a car, anymore...LOL

I want something reasonably priced, reliable, with working air....lol

Black primer in Phoenix? Yeah, not since I was an idiot teenager....

JBR3AK

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2012
C'mon dude! It's a bimmer! Lol. I come from a family of GM vehicles. I'm a bit of a hick I may say so myself. I'm eyeing up the new GMC Sierras. But the prices are glaring right back at me.. :p it's really not worth it tbh. I think that sticker price is what I'd be spending in gas in a year driving it..

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The Chevys were worse, though.

This is where I'd step in and say Mopar's the ONLY car but then I'd have to tell you about the Barracuda and ITS issues...lol

70's Mopar for the winnnnnn!!!!!!!! Sebring satellite with a 440, yea baby!

Made me cry the BS Daimler pulled but im very impressed with the new owners commitment to bring the company back from death, said he was a mopar muscle fan growing up and wants them to regain that bit of glory if nothing else.. growing up my yard was littered with chargers, roadrunners and dusters and all kinds of outrageous blown out mopar muscle so i have always been a fan.

lol nothing impresses a 12 year old NHRA fan like the crackle of a big a** hemi on some ...... headers and cherry bombs.

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
70's Mopar for the winnnnnn!!!!!!!! Sebring satellite with a 440, yea baby!

Made me cry the BS Daimler pulled but im very impressed with the new owners commitment to bring the company back from death, said he was a mopar muscle fan growing up and wants them to regain that bit of glory if nothing else.. growing up my yard was littered with chargers, roadrunners and dusters and all kinds of outrageous mopar muscle so i have always been a fan.
Somehow, that completely figures....lol

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
In my high school days, I had 2 1970 Plymouth Roadrunners. Originally bought one to drive and one as a parts bin, but they were both nearly perfect, just needed some TLC, and they were up and running again. One in Lime Light Green and the other in Moulin Rouge Purple... Roadrunner pin stripe down the side, in the front had the roadrunner, and the back of the stripe was a little dust cloud... 440 Six Pack carbs, edelbrock intakes, flowmaster exhausts... I mean these cars were beasts... They even had the vacuum controlled hood scoop that raised up when you hit a switch on the dash. Had Wiley Coyote on the side of the scoop... Haha, just awesome cars. The loudest, fastest, most ridiculous cars in the county... LoL

Unfortunately I turned 18, and low and behold the insurance was way too expensive so I bought myself a crappy Plymouth Horizon, and my dad sold the roadrunners to my uncle... By the time I was in any position to find them again, they were in shambles... rusted out, engines gone... They had been raped for everything that made them what they were, and left to rust...

If I had known then what I know now about those cars, I would have never let them go... I would have paid that insurance premium, and ate grass off the front lawn to survive. Apparently only 1500 or so were made with the 440 six pack option in 1970, and I had two of them. Just sickening to think about... Those things could have financed my kids college... And probably bought me a house too... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread