Status
Not open for further replies.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
The owners of the Semovar I know say it is great. Nice build and a sharp look with excellent performance is the general feel I get from them for the most part. QC issues do exist, however. Durability and warranty concerns also persist.

Only time will tell if they can match the legendary service reputation of Provape.

Tapped out

Disclaimer: I don't have a Provari to compare (others with both state the quality is comparible)

What warranty concerns? It has the same 1 year warranty as a Provari.

As for repair concerns, it is modular so each piece can be separately replaced. I can't say for VapeRev in the states but Cloud 9 say they will replace the chip for you. I have also seen them say the chip is pretty much plug and play and can easily be replaced by a confident user.

Having said that, it is a very solid steel construction and would need some serious trauma to damage the shell.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Disclaimer: I don't have a Provari to compare (others with both state the quality is comparible)

As for repair concerns, it is modular so each piece can be separately replaced. I can't say for VapeRev in the states but Cloud 9 say they will replace the chip for you. I have also seen them say the chip is pretty much plug and play and can easily be replaced by a confident user.

Having said that, it is a very solid steel construction and would need some serious trauma to damage the shell.

How much do they cost?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
tumblr_mhhkzdIv621qhnszoo1_400_zps9542252d.gif

And so it goes......

Big Orange Country

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
The South
Ya'll could do what kids here in PA do. Get a 95 M3 on its last leg, put a fartcan exhaust on it, black primer, and drive it til it blows up. I've seen just about all the butchering done to these cars.. It's sad but true.. *Smh*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's pretty sad to waste a good M3 like that, but you could look at it this way, they are moving up in class from the Civic.

The really sad part is when I was a teenager and granted that was more than a few years ago, we all wanted a Camaro (68 with a 327 was my first car), Chevelle, Mustang, Chargers, GTOs and just about every other American muscle car out there. Most of us back then didn't even know what a Japanese car was much less looked like. Now for the most part, that's what you see these kids driving. They have no idea what they are missing out on, because there is nothing like the sound and feeling of an American v8 strapped to your backside.

I drive a BMW now, but that's because I'm a whole lot closer to collecting social security than I am to being a senior in high school and I enjoy a little bit of comfort while still being able to smoke the tires when the urge hits.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Yeah it's pretty sad to waste a good M3 like that, but you could look at it this way, they are moving up in class from the Civic.

The really sad part is when I was a teenager and granted that was more than a few years ago, we all wanted a Camaro (68 with a 327 was my first car), Chevelle, Mustang, Chargers, GTOs and just about every other American muscle car out there. Most of us back then didn't even know what a Japanese car was much less looked like. Now for the most part, that's what you see these kids driving. They have no idea what they are missing out on, because there is nothing like the sound and feeling of an American v8 strapped to your backside.

I drive a BMW now, but that's because I'm a whole lot closer to collecting social security than I am to being a senior in high school and I enjoy a little bit of comfort while still being able to smoke the tires when the urge hits.
I remember crying (yes, actually with water coming from my eyes) when I looked around one day in the early 80s and noticed that car styles were all drastically changing to look like melted lumps; all the character of previous years' styles being washed away in a stream of aerodynamic design.

Big Orange Country

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
The South
I remember crying (yes, actually with water coming from my eyes) when I looked around one day in the early 80s and noticed that car styles were all drastically changing to look like melted lumps; all the character of previous years' styles being washed away in a stream of aerodynamic design.

I was totally shocked when I saw my first picture of what the Gen 3 Camaros looked like. I was like what in the hell have they done to my beloved Camaro. I had a 78 Z28 back then and I hated the looks of the Gen 3 so much that I kept the 78 until I got an 86 Monte SS. I haven't owned a Camaro since then, but when the ZL1 came out I came awfully close to getting one. My wife talked me out of it by reminding me that I had just bought the car I have now the year before.

She did the same thing (or so she thinks) when I told her that I was going to get a semovar and she reminded me that I haven't gotten her a Provari yet. Which btw I haven't, but I'm waiting until after Thanksgiving to see what provape is going to do. I'm older and more comfortable in my lifestyle than I used to be, but I will still pinch a penny or two when I can.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
I was totally shocked when I saw my first picture of what the Gen 3 Camaros looked like. I was like what in the hell have they done to my beloved Camaro. I had a 78 Z28 back then and I hated the looks of the Gen 3 so much that I kept the 78 until I got an 86 Monte SS. I haven't owned a Camaro since then, but when the ZL1 came out I came awfully close to getting one. My wife talked me out of it by reminding me that I had just bought the car I have now the year before.

She did the same thing (or so she thinks) when I told her that I was going to get a semovar and she reminded me that I haven't gotten her a Provari yet. Which btw I haven't, but I'm waiting until after Thanksgiving to see what provape is going to do. I'm older and more comfortable in my lifestyle than I used to be, but I will still pinch a penny or two when I can.
there's a black mini with red led in the classies right now for $150.

Big Orange Country

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
The South
I feel like I should warn you that the purple doesn't match any purple accessories from anywhere.

Thanks. Well in that case, I may get her the bronze mini with the green LED. I don't know if it's because she's a redhead (well Auburn anyway), but she likes darker colors.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Thanks. Well in that case, I may get her the bronze mini with the green LED. I don't know if it's because she's a redhead (well Auburn anyway), but she likes darker colors.
She'll be happier with the bronze after she tries to buy stuff for her device, I can pretty much guarantee it.

Personally, I prefer the metallics and add wraps to change it up but I'm lazy...lol

Big Orange Country

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
The South
She'll be happier with the bronze after she tries to buy stuff for her device, I can pretty much guarantee it.

Personally, I prefer the metallics and add wraps to change it up but I'm lazy...lol

Thanks for the help. I could see her trying to put a wrap on. After about 30 seconds she would be yelling for me to come do it :(

Big Orange Country

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
The South
WOW!!!

People are very passionate about their Provari's.

my intent was not to start a war. I just wanted to point out an observation from a fairly newbie standpoint.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.

I doubt anyone was offended and if they were, they'll get over it.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
WOW!!!

my intent was not to start a war. I just wanted to point out an observation from a fairly newbie standpoint.

HAH! Don't worry about it one little iota.

I just have fun in these threads. ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
WOW!!!

Offended? Umm, no.

I can only speak for myself but I'd like to THANK you for the most fun I've had in weeks. I'm thinking about additional you to my Christmas Card list.

Can I still say, "Christmas"?

Strike that. BACK onto the rails...

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va

Until they demonstrate the same commitment to stand by the buyers that Provape has, it is a question. How quickly will warranty service be returned? Provape gets most back to the customer within a week. What sort of interpretation will they make on 'gray area' warranty claims? Provape always errs on the side of the customer, frequently sending some sort of free gift for the owners trouble of sending it in.

I am not saying Semovar will bungle it, but only time will prove their ability to provide first rate service. With Provape, there is no question.

I hope they do well, Ref. I don't mind someone else making a first rate mod. I might just buy one to pair with my Russian 91%!

Tapped out

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I am not saying Semovar will bungle it, but only time will prove their ability to provide first rate service
which they already have, i dont think any company will ever match provapes level without a lot of cash, but Svoe mesto stepped up to the plate rather quickly when the bug was found and didnt raise one question for anyone that returned the unit. the one week thing isnt fair as there is a slight difference between sending something to Washington state and Europe.

While provape has the benefit of past tense when it comes to proving themselves it really isnt fair the way everyone condemns companies before they have a chance to do the same, the semovar is now in its 3rd revision and they actually make changes based on what people are asking for with each new model.

this is not a new mod just a new model with a 2 year history of quality as well and very well established across the pond ( it is just new to US cbased customers). I fell in love with rev2 when i started vaping over 1 1/2 years ago. it's about time US vendors and customers were exposed to some more of what is really out there and not just the old tried and true.

the quality of the provari can never be denied, but their reluctance to give customers features that they want cant be ignored either.

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
which they already have, i dont think any company will ever match provapes level without a lot of cash, but Svoe mesto stepped up to the plate rather quickly when the bug was found and didnt raise one question for anyone that returned the unit. the one week thing isnt fair as there is a slight difference between sending something to Washington state and Europe.

While provape has the benefit of past tense when it comes to proving themselves it really isnt fair the way everyone condemns companies before they have a chance to do the same, the semovar is now in its 3rd revision and they actually make changes based on what people are asking for with each new model.

this is not a new mod just a new model with a 2 year history of quality as well and very well established across the pond ( it is just new to US cbased customers). I fell in love with rev2 when i started vaping over 1 1/2 years ago. it's about time US vendors and customers were exposed to some more of what is really out there and not just the old tried and true.

the quality of the provari can never be denied, but their reluctance to give customers features that they want cant be ignored either.
There's room for both of them in the market, and more besides. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread