Still an e-cig virgin (Alberta, Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrenfisher

Sep 7, 2012
Alberta
Hey... folks? What do you call people who vape, anyway?

I'm new. I haven't even tried vaping, yet. My ego-c kit from Canvape should arrive in the mail tomorrow. Ordered juice from Jugheads and it arrived in 2 days! Already I am impressed!

This forum is awesome. My friend got me reading about e-cigs a week and a half ago, and thanks to ECF, I am sold. Of course my hopes are pretty high, and I'm a bit nervous about being disappointed. But I think I've read enough to know at least most of what to expect.

A little background: I'm female, from Central Alberta (Canada), 41, half-a-pack/day smoker (when I'm being good). I'm one of those people who likes to smoke, but hates the idea of it. And the cost. And the stigma. And I'm getting older-- too old to believe I'm going to live forever. Plus it really sucks to have to go outside to smoke when it's -30 C outside. And here it is, fall again and winter looms... ugh.

Another huge motivator: my mom. I want this to work for me so I can get her vaping. She's in her seventies. You can hear her chest wheeze when she breathes. I kid you not, if she can quit with vaping anyone can. It will be up there with all of the other Ultimate E-cig Success Stories. Anyway, I love her and want her to stick around awhile.

My friend signed up, too-- his username is conflator. We're happy to be here-- and really super excited to get our kits tomorrow! We're talking about filming our first go at it. Could be a funny clip for the time machine.

- Wren

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
Film it!!! Yes, it would be funny.

Welcome to your new addiction to a healthier lifestyle... As others have mentioned, pass the knowledge. In your case to your mother. Although there have been no long term studies on vaping, there are true and factual statements from experiences from the users here, like myself. Almost ending the fourth month for me and I'm feeling better than ever. As active as I was when I was in my teens.

conflator

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
Canada
Oh, hey, that's me!

I stumbled on this forum and the wonderful world of PVs via the science reddit (that Greek study that's been floating around), which led me to the electronic-cigarette subreddit, which led me here.

I'd seen e-cigs in the corner store, but they seemed a bit pricey and seemed sort of gimmicky. After browsing around here for a while, I had an entirely different view. I had no idea what was out there, or that this was actually an (unofficial) method of quiting. Wren got all excited about it when I showed her, and we crammed as much research in as we could until we just had to order.

The kits (Ego-C 1000mah starters) arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait. The community here seems wonderful, and I'm looking forward to having one of those fancy "X hundred analogs passed up" banners in my sig.

wrenfisher

Sep 7, 2012
Alberta
That's really inspiring-- thank you. Even though I've been smoking about 25 years it's only in the last couple of years that I've turned into a sloth. No offence to sloths-- they're really cute and all-- but I miss the sweat and adrenaline. I know it's my smoking. I'm not a heavy smoker, but I'm also one of those people who absolutely has to have her coffee in the morning but can't drink more than a cup. Small blessings, I suppose. Anyway, thanks for the welcome!

wrenfisher

Sep 7, 2012
Alberta
Hey Wren and Conflator, welcome to the ECF! Congratulations! Yes, the video idea sounds like fun. Oh, and people who vape are called vapers :).

Oops. Need to learn how to use quotes.

"Vapers" is what I thought, instinctively, but I was having a hard time confirming that. I like it! Sounds like a superhero. Or a prehistoric reptilian creature. Or someone who dances The Vape?

In any case, awesome!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Oops. Need to learn how to use quotes.

"Vapers" is what I thought, instinctively, but I was having a hard time confirming that. I like it! Sounds like a superhero. Or a prehistoric reptilian creature. Or someone who dances The Vape?

In any case, awesome!
Hehe.. Good one.

By the way.... you will NOT be disappointed in vaping!!! In fact you will be so amazed at how wonderful it is. Talk about having your cake and eating it too! Often when I am puffing away and fogging up the room on something delicious - right at this moment it happens to be Waffle - I can't help but think; SMOKING WAS NEVER this good - EVER!

What kind of kits and juice did you guys get?

conflator

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
Canada
(Oh, no, I'm hijacking wren's thread!)

Dragonbone, we got:

Ego-C starter kits (one for each), with the 1000mah upgrade battery
(comes with 5 atomizers, 5 tanks, chargers)

Juices (not sure if it's kosher to mention vendors - we got hardware from one, juices from another, and both were great. You'll probably be able to guess the juice vendor):

Halo Torque, 24mg, 30ml
Nana'Nutty Bread 12mg, 7ml
Jugz Koffee Supreme, 12mg, 7ml
Classic JokeSmoke, 18mg, 20ml
JokeSmoke 2.0, 24mg, 20ml
Hotrod, 36mg (yikes!), 3ml (upped to 10 by vendor!)
Organic Chai, 18mg, 10ml
Organic Black Honey Chai Tobacco, 18mg, 10ml
Hot Hazelnutz Cafe, 24mg, 7ml
V'NILLAmint, 18mg, 7ml (upped to 10 again. Nice!)
Halo Captain Jack, 6mg, 3ml

As you can see, all over the map. More on the tobacco flavours (probably understandable for newbies), but a few that just sounded tasty, too. I've been really looking forward to the vanilla, and wren to the nutty bread.

After a few more days of research, we would have known that we should have included a few drip dips with the hardware. The juice vendor was kind enough to throw in one with that order, which is not only good business, but awesome. We would have gone with the Twists, but couldn't find someone in Canada that sold a kit, and we wanted to make sure we weren't missing some important piece, trying to a la carte it. Only other thing I wish we'd have ordered was a couple of ViVi Novas, but that's just something to look forward to.

conflator

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
Canada
Well, in that case, I have to give a shout out to Tom at Canvape, who was friendly and ridiculously fast at answering when I had questions about the order, and Jugheads, who somehow managed to get the loot to us in three days flat, with a little extra thrown in.

Thanks for the tip on the thread cone - googled and added to the wishlist for our next order!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Greetings fellow Canucks! Welcome to ECF!

Congratulations to you both. You have found the 2 most popular vendors in Canada and they are not popular because they are pretty! Lol! They both give excellent service at excellent prices.

Have fun with your vape mail. Don't harm the mail person, they will become your favorite person for the next little while. At least until you get stocked up on the things that work best for you.

Relax, Enjoy!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
We won't mention anything about Canada Post until you have safely received your parcel. Lol

They do a great job with 99% of vape mail, but man that 1% of the time they sure can tick you off with their blunders!

I do realize what life is like in a small town. Enough said about that!

hrlw817

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2012
St. Charles, MO
Nice! Yes the Mini Vivi Nova is awesome on the eGo battery. Don't forget to get an eGo thread cone when you order one.

Your ejuices sound like an awesome start. Oh and you can definitely mention any vendor here on the ECF. That is how we learn from each other and share info and tips.

How about banned vendors from ECF? Can you mention them?? There has been several posts I read that I wanted to reply to about this vendor, but, didn't want to in case it's against the rules.

To the OP..that's great you are getting into the world of vaping. I think the eGo's are good to start with. I use the eGo-c with clearo's, and it's working out just great for me. Happy vaping!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
How about banned vendors from ECF? Can you mention them?? There has been several posts I read that I wanted to reply to about this vendor, but, didn't want to in case it's against the rules.

To the OP..that's great you are getting into the world of vaping. I think the eGo's are good to start with. I use the eGo-c with clearo's, and it's working out just great for me. Happy vaping!
I never heard about vendors that we can't mention? Why not? Who said? We just aren't allowed bashing... AFAIK.

hrlw817

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2012
St. Charles, MO
I never heard about vendors that we can't mention? Why not? Who said? We just aren't allowed bashing... AFAIK.

I was just wondering, I didn't know if that was against the rules or not. I had asked a mod, but they never got back to me. I tried to join another ecig forum about a year ago, and was told I was spamming by mentioning a brand of ecig and the name of the store where I bought it in my first post. I just didn't want that to happen here.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Hey... folks? What do you call people who vape, anyway?
Smart!

Hello and welcome to ECF to both of you from another Candanalander. As I usually say, pull up a rock and stay a while, you've found a great site with great folks and I imagine the largest resource of all things e-cig on the net. It may be overwhelming at times but that's what everyone here is for. Don't hesitate to ask questions, we all started somewhere.

Again, welcome to ECF and enjoy your stay.

wrenfisher

Sep 7, 2012
Alberta
Wow! This is quickly going to become my new favourite hangout. Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

Vaped for the first time a couple of hours ago. Where do I begin? The ego-C is very slick looking and comfortable to hold. I'm more impressed with the feel of the vapour (how it hits your throat and all of that) than I thought I would be. I coughed a bit the first time, which was actually kind of awesome. I guess I was expecting it to be... lighter. Not like sucking air, but, well... it's not heaps of burning chemicals, after all. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to get a real hit off of it.

On the down side-- and this could be because I've got a touch of flu right now-- they all tasted really sweet. I tried three juices-- one of which I totally expected to be sweet (Vanilla Mint)-- but Halo Torque and Jokesmoke Classic also tasted pretty cloying. I wasn't really expecting that. In fact, I chose a 30 ml of Torque because a reviewer said it wasn't sweet. Is it me? Am I crazy? I don't have much of a sweet tooth and although they'd probably all taste OK with my morning coffee I can't see myself wanting the sweet stuff on a regular basis.

Otherwise-- we are both just seriously bummed we didn't order drip tips. Although Canvape threw in a cartomizer (I think that's what it is... Conflator will correct me if I'm wrong).

- Wren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread