Still tastes like hell. I'm so disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guava

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
ca
Sound like you are on your way, Jo. For me, I have vaped since January and stopped smoking ANY regular cigs maybe a few weeks ago...and I really don't want to know the date. All I know is that I last bought a pack of Camel Lights sometime in May and there are still 7 left in the pack...and I keep that pack and the ashtray with used butts on my desk at home. Why? I keep the used butts in the ashtray on hand so that I can take a whiff if I romanticize how great they are...and that has really worked for me. I didn't make them "forbidden fruit." I told myself I could have one or all or more if I wanted because I'm an adult. But through the process of switching to vaping, I un-learned daily rituals.

What will be fun is that a week, a month, etc from now you will look back and realize how much you have learned and experimented to find what works for you personally. You'll find your favorite juices (mine are from TV) and favorite devices...and you'll be here helping others in the shoes your are in now. It's not a one-size-fits-all adventure for sure, but I hope you find your stride. :)

Best of luck!

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
I got my Vapor King XL today with a bunch of different cartomizers.

This is my third ecig this week. They all have this distinct, rock-concert-fog taste that I can't get away from. I can only barely taste the flavors.

I started with Premium E Cigarettes at 11mg. They were awful.

Then my Eluma E Cigs 16mg arrived. Better! But still tasted the fog.

Now today my Vapor King XL 36mg is here and I'm crushed! Same thing!

There are clearly differences in the quality of the above ecigs, the Vapor King being the Cadillac of them all. But the taste! How did you all try this and decide to keep doing it?

I have to admit, my first ecig flavors tasted like carp but I got the nicotine I needed and that made me happy. I didn't have to go outside to smoke, I didn't stink and ecigs were fun. A strange thing happens though. Soon analogs taste like carp and you wonder why you ever loved them.

Hang in there, it will get better. My tastebuds were shot for months but eventually I was able to taste the subtle blend of flavors that make up a good liquid. It's all good after that.

hollyp

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
California
When I first started using an e-cig I found veryy little flavor. I tried several differnt vendors until I found tastyvapor.us . I asked Geoff to make my flavors extra strong and boy did he deliver. Now Tasty Vapor is the only place I order my juice from and next month I will hit my 1 year mark. Try Tasty Vapor. If you have questions talk to Geoff on the live help he's great at offering suggestions.

Holly

nightsong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Dallas
Only just going on 2 weeks for me too and I definitely had the same feelings with my first V4L filled cartridges but their WOW vanilla did give me something to vape until I could get my first Tasty Vapor order. I thought I was going to prefer tobacco flavors too but haven't liked any of the ones I tried.

I tried pre-filled from another vendor and didn't like those either. There is just not as much flavor and they don't taste fresh ;)

What you have to remember if you order TV is that their some of their flavors need a week or so to meld together. It took over a week for Mint Chocolate Chip to taste good, but now I like it. And you can order them with extra strong flavor. And over in the TV forum, they run co-ops so you can sample a bunch of flavors to see what you like.

And it's like my taste buds become immune to the flavor or something, I was happily vaping a custom caramel-vanilla-dairy concoction but after the 3rd day it lost it's flavor. So I just switched back to MCC which tasted great!

I just received an order from Viking Vapor too, all of the berry cream sodas are very good! And I have some Mrs. T's coming tomorrow! It's going to be a flavorful holiday weekend!

Hang in there, order some blanks and juice and I think you will find what you are looking for!

vikings

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Malaysia
Jo, I started out with a 2 piece carto kit as well. Initially, I thought it was fine and it did help me get off analogs. However, I moved to a 510 as I wanted to try refilling and dripping and also because I didn't want to worry anymore about burning cartos. Like some people, I found the 510 really good but also a tad troublesome at times, as it's hard to refill or drip when on the move.

As such, I began looking for a mod and settled on a bottom feeding one...the Reo. It's got a 6ml bottle of juice inside and the battery lasts me an entire day. Some people have a problem with the fact that it's quite big to lug around (larger than a pack of analogs) but it's not a problem for me. Couple that with the amazing juices I've bought from Tasty Vapor and I'm very very satisfied!

Perhaps this is something you might want to try in the future :)

KevinP

Jul 3, 2010
Mississippi
I must have tried 20 different flavors when I first started vaping.

Some were terrible, others ok, then I got the Red Hot from Dawn at the ecigsmokestore.

That is all I have been vaping for 6+ months now. I do mix in some pg/vg mix to increase the "smoke".

Totally rocks, and I get comments all the time from smokers and non-smokers on how good it smells.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I must have tried 20 different flavors when I first started vaping.

Some were terrible, others ok, then I got the Red Hot from Dawn at the ecigsmokestore.

That is all I have been vaping for 6+ months now. I do mix in some pg/vg mix to increase the "smoke".

Totally rocks, and I get comments all the time from smokers and non-smokers on how good it smells.

Just so you know, (well you probably know but the OP might not lol) its normally referred to as DIYFlavorshack on here - and +1 on that place, got some top flavors, haven't tried the Red Hots myself though I like the spiced fried apple among others :)
6 months vaping we must've started around the same time lol

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I've found that most prefilled cartos taste like crap. For me, dripping on a 510 at 5V is the most satisfying thing and I've been doing it for about 6 months. I occasionally use a blank 510 carto and fill it with some good juice for driving. It takes some trial and error to find your perfect setup, but you can always get a KR808-510 or 801 adapter and try those atomizers out along with a small bottle of juice.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Vaping for 2 weeks on the KR808 (the same as the Vapor King model) I started with the Kamel flavor, since that's the analog I smoked for 23 years. After the first 2 cartos I no longer like the "tobacco" flavor. I switched to the RY4 (caramel, vanilla, tobacco) flavor and loved it. It's strong, heady and left a pleasant after taste. I also did the cappuccino, and though it was lighter in flavor, was pleasant.

When those were empty, I refilled with pomagrante, mandarin orange, rum, English toffee or whiskey liquids. The pomegranate and mandarin were too light in flavor, and the taste disappeared after 10 minutes of vaping them. The others were fine as they seemed heavier in flavor and taste. Since then, I've began mixing the fruit with the rum and wow, nice flavors again.

Starting off, I suggest new folks buy heavier flavors for their liquids.

hova

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2010
The YO
just gonna jump in , and let ya know that some flavors dont work well with the carto's.

i wasnt real pleased with anything at first , other than v4l vanilla , bu once that was gone , i was out of luck. halo has solved that , but when i switched to halo , i switched to 901 , and it was like night and day , i cant wait to make a fob atomizer....

stick to it and keep coffee close by , it helps clear nasty tastes...

-hov

snorkelsandy

May 27, 2010
SC
Just a question:

Is it possible that your taste buds have been affected by smoking analogs? My friend lost her taste completely and she had been a heavy smoker for years. Her taste is just starting to come back. She could not taste or smell foods for some time. This was definitely a downer, but it eventually came back once she stopped smoking. But it took a while.

Just a thought.....
sandy

Jo, woot woot... sounds like you finally found some flavors that work for you. Don't give it up. Everyone has their own personal preferences and you will find yours too. What works for me may not work for you and vise-versa. I do think that purchasing a sampler is the best way to go and then try them all, even mixing. I am still craving that cigarette taste so I'm still sold on Malboro flavor with a drop of cherry added.... kinda reminds me of a cherry flavored Prime Time, which I loved! Good luck girl.

WickedFish

Jun 16, 2010
MA
Thanks a lot Kryssi!! I think we might have similar tastes! It's good to hear. Because sometimes I feel so ..weird about not getting on the bandwagon as quickly as others mentioned. Like, "I tried it once and I was hooked." Why isn't that happening with me??

Well maybe Grape will save the day :)

Expectations have a lot to do with it.

I expected it to be a total scam. You know.....taste like steamed crap, and need recharging after each drag.

When it didn't taste horrible.....and seemed to create vapor for a good while....and actually stopped the urge to smoke, THEN I got excited.

If you think it's gonna be great before you even try it ( or get the right equipment/juice combination) .....you may be disappointed.

jetracer06

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I've been at this a month and only now, as in Today, am I getting any satisfaction at all.
I think what happened is that I ordered a lot of pre-filled carts with my kit. They were only 16 mg. I think I sucked so much and so hard trying to get the amount of nic I needed that I burned them all out. OMG. Still, some don't appear burnt but this is all I can figure.
I've washed them all and refilled and they still taste like crap. (I only started the ecig because I'm dirt poor and will do anything avoid being foced into cold turkey quitting). Poverty is my motivation. So yesterday I started with brand new blanks, with higher nic content, to see how long they actually last if I don't burn or dry them out. So far, so good. They taste GREAT. LOTS of VAPOR. FLAVOR is FINE.
I say just keep at it til you figure out what is wrong and what is right. All the reading in the world didn't prevent me from messing up at first. Try some strong flavors that might help cover up the fog taste, maybe. CINNAMON is my fave. Good luck and don't give up!

If you're tight on money then I would go for the liquid instead of pre-filled.. it's easy to fill urself and saves money... you also seem to have a little more control over it being burnt or not.. just refill once you feel it's a little bit dry to prevent it from burning..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread