Stocking up on supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

murrajes

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Austin
Found this on Wikipedia...if its true...

"Lithium-ion batteries age. They only last two to three years, even if they are sitting on a shelf unused. So do not "avoid using" the battery with the thought that the battery pack will last five years. It won't."

Thanks! My thought is that if these batteries last about 300 charges, that would be about 6 months of life. I think I'd be safe getting them then. Oooooo! I want the red one, blue one and copper one! :)

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
When I switched from a standard 510 to an eGo I bought 2 batteries and thought they were the best thing I'd ever find. I bought 3 more for backups and tested them when they arrived, all worked fine. I threw them in my stockpile, keeping the original 2 in rotation. I then decided to give mods a try and quickly found out that while eGo's are good pv's, mods simply outperform them. I quit using the eGo's and promptly forgot about all the batteries I'd stocked up on.

About 6 months later I ran across all those eGo batt's in my stash and decided to put them up for sale in the classifieds. When I tested them however, 2 of the brand new batt's wouldn't fire. I fiddled around with them to see if I could fix them and found that the buttons had quit working. Repeatedly pushing the button for about 10 minutes brought one of them back to life, but I couldn't get the other one revived. I think the contacts corroded or something. I don't live in a really high humidity environment.

Since you already have 3, I'd suggest you don't buy any more until you need them. They may not work when you need them anyway. And, if you decide to upgrade in the near future you won't be stuck trying to sell them like I was.

locke2121

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Da South!
Yep...batteries just fail after time. Either because the mixture inside slowly wears out or mechanical failure. Just had one of my ultrafire 14500's die...only the battery didn't die, the protection circuit did lol. Tinkerer that I am, I stripped off the protection board...and the battery itself read out at 3.3 volts! Still...it went bye bye. I'm not taking the change of charging that thing or using it in my mod!

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
The biggest mistake I've made is "stocking up" on things. Now I have a bunch of things I never will use. For example, old 510 atomizers, juice I no longer like, and eGo batteries.

None of my three eGo batteries have ever failed, even after over a year. But then I decided Riva barteries were better because they put out more voltage and have a nicer feel to the switch.

You might decide you want a VV mod next month, for example.

In addition, prices seem to be constantly trending down. So why stock up ?

murrajes

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Austin
Mine have always lasted a long time.Where is the big sale?Are they real Joy batteries?;)

The place is called myeciggsupply. Come to find out the place is in China and I don't want to order from there. Plus after the responses to this thread, it probably wouldn't be a good idea. I have like 6-510's sitting around rotting because I thought those were the bomb at the time. I'd love to try a mod or vv but just don't see any that are cute/girly enough. To me, they look like medical devices. LOL! Stupid I know.

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
The place is called myeciggsupply. Come to find out the place is in China and I don't want to order from there. Plus after the responses to this thread, it probably wouldn't be a good idea. I have like 6-510's sitting around rotting because I thought those were the bomb at the time. I'd love to try a mod or vv but just don't see any that are cute/girly enough. To me, they look like medical devices. LOL! Stupid I know.

Yeah... Not many PVs come straight from the store with that girly look. You'll probably need to do something like this...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...118717-feminine-mod-needed-5.html#post2209014

ETA: A couple Little Sisters that cskent linked to are in that group pic as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread