• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Stocking Up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ puff ~

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2012
calgary
Before I bought my first e cig (a month ago), I read somewhere on the net where a dude was planning to 'stock up' in view of the vaping laws in Canada.

And now ~~ a month later ~~ I'm thinking of buying several hundred dollars worth of stuff. Sheeeeesh!!

What about the rest of you? How many batteries, cartos, atomizers, adapters, chargers and bottles of juice have you folks got in your supply?? (Curious~~~~~~~~~~~)

I luv ~~ puffing!!~~ but am I wise to be spending this much?

~ puff ~ puff ~:vapor:

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
IMHO, there is no need to go over board. It's always a good idea to have backups for your backups. 2 Extra batteries, 1 extra wall & usb charger, 3 to 4 boxes of carto's, 4 x 30ml of juice etc. The only time for concern is during the Chineese New Year as it delays vendor shipments by as much as a couple of months. In the past 6 months, a whole host of new vendors opened online shops, here in Canada along with 1/2 a dozen new juce vendors. To top it all off, this community will go out of it's way to see everyone is setup.

2 years & HC has not done anything to their dumb advisory. The only thing of concern to me is what the FDA is the US does this summer, as a rumour has surfaced that they may revise the class in the US.

For the near future, there's nothing to worry about.

BigPoppa17211

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Calgary, AB
i misssssed it awwwwwww ~~~~~~~~~~~

it was a good sale??

Oh yeah! I definitely stocked up. 100 cartos, 4 tanks, 2 VV ego batts, 4 stardusts and 7 drip tips...Im good for a while! :vapor:

All came in at around $170 including express shipping. Might be enough to tide me over until next years anniversary sale!

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
To save money no more than 3 months for juice in the beginning...why you ask! Several reasons. Your taste will change wildly in those first few months, you may develop an allergy to PG or VG and many people learn to DIY. Saves you from getting "stuck" with a lot of unwanted bottles of juice.

Hardware no more than 6 months either....What you use today may not be cutting it 3-6 months down the road.

I guess my point is, stockpiling before you are dialed in could be a waste and cost you a pretty penny. Don't get me wrong backups are a must just don't start hoarding.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Just something to keep in mind: you're never stuck with juice! There are the classifieds, which are always fantastic for trading or selling your unwanted juice. Then there are vape meets, or people you know that vape who may be interested. I have 2 people in my building who vape and I have a ton of juice I don't like so I let them pick and choose what they like and buy it off me for a couple of bucks (or free, depending on how they're doing for money). Every few months, I will put up an ad in the classifieds with all the juice and hardware I've amassed from the past while that I don't need or want. It really works out wonderfully for me.

There are a lot of folks on here who have huge and unnecessary collections, but if you want it and can afford it then why the heck not, right? I don't think that you need to stockpile, vaping is progressively coming more into the light and more vendors have opened in Canada in the last few months than ever before. We are moving forward and hopefully soon that silly Health Canada advisory will be redacted!

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
I am like others here and stock up when I find a good sale or when I find a juice that needs to rest. I have went on a few buying spurts, but mostly that is due to curiosity and such. My problem is the classifieds. I always find something I want in a package deal then buy the package. I do like to keep a stock of certain things so I am able to offer them to people who might be interested in trying to move to the electronic side of nicotine. Plus, it is really nice to be able to sell them supplies cheap to keep them from being discouraged and from them buying things they don't really need or want.

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread