Stop the leakage! This is aggravating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I've about had it with these 401s. This has been the only PV I've tried so far and after a few months and lots of learning and reading here I thought I had these things down. However, I still seem to be getting huge liquid leaks sometimes. Seems like I'll fill a cart, put it on and it works fine for awhile. I put the PV down and after awhile go to try it again and the liquid seems to have leaked out of the inner cup and into the bigger holder and of course on the first draw I get a huge shot of liquid.

I'm thinking it's because I was resting the 401 in an ashtray when I'm not using it so it's at an angle and the juice leaks out.

Any recomendations on how to stop this from happening or maybe another model that is better at stopping liquid leakage?

NOTE: I'm using the original filler in the carts, manual batteries and 4 hole attys.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I'm alternating between carts now, but they fit pretty tight. The new one I just opened yesterday fit well. One is a bit loose.

Weird to say the least. Do you cut your juice at all?

I cut hers with about 30% glycerin so its more thick than stock juice. Maybe yours is too runny? Grasping at straws here :)

No, don't cut the juice. It's 18mg juice I got from Truesmoker or Litecig. Can't remember. I buy from both.

What brand is the 401?

I'm currently using the manual battery version from Litecig. Is that a brand? I know it has a 4 hole atty.

I direct drip M401 with no leaks. Drip 2 drops. Vape till vapor decreases then 2 more drops; repeat. Tailpipe direct drip is the best; cut end off of cart.

I drip too sometimes, but honestly that's a hassle. I want to be able to fill 4-5 carts up and just switch them as they run out. Never tried cutting the end off carts though.

I think I may be experiencing this now because I've been alternating between vaping and analogs (cut my analog consumption by 75% so far) and now I'm trying to go full vape - no analog. By doing this, I'm vaping a bit, putting it down for awhile and then vaping again. I wasn't doing this before. I would fill a cart and vape till empty.

I'm also wondering if the atty has anything to do with it. The previous attys I had were good, but I just put a new one on (from litecig) and man is it powerful. Right off the bat it made huge vapor and throat hit. Way better than the previous 2 attys I had used. Maybe it's making a lot of build up in the outer cart?

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I just wondered, because I've never encountered anything like what you describe other than from over full carts (I use Intellicig EVOs, Pilots, EM4s & some generics from Central Trade)

Yeah, I'm trying to make sure I don't overfill. Usually 4-6 drops per cart.

Would those M401s you mention be different than the one I'm using from litecig? I didn't realize there were different designs (except for 2 & 4 hole attys and except for the Sidesho which seems to be 401 based but not interchangeable.)

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
I have to agree that this seems strange. The M401 is the only one that I've had so far that didn't leak and I carry them in my shirt or pants pocket all day, so they end up in various positions. 510s and 901s have leaked. I'd try restuffing, experimenting with varying densities of fiberfill.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
I have to admit that it was a bit of a learning curve when I started refilling my own carts & I did get "leakage" even when I thought I hadn't overfilled. How long have you been using your 401?

My technique now is to remove the stuffing drop around 6 drips into the cart (about 3/4 full as droppers can give different size drops), replace the stuffing & drip one more drop onto the top of the filler. Since doing this, I haven't had any problems with liquid in my mouth.

As I haven't any experience with litecig, I can't comment on their QC, but from what I've seen here they seem pretty good, which leads me to think it might be down to your filling technique. Have you had the same problem with prefilled carts?

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I've been using the M401 for over two months now. First with auto batteries and now the manuals. I'm on my 3rd atty.

I've been refilling my carts by just dripping into them with the original stuffing still in there then push it around with the paperclip to make sure it goes in and absorbs. Maybe I'll try pulling out the filler then filling like your suggesting. However this happened to me yesterday with a brand new prefilled cart I had just opened.

I'm still experimenting. I guess if I'm going to use these all the time in place of analogs I just have to get used to all the hassle involved in using them.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
I've never experienced the problems you describe either with the M4xx.

The only times I got liquid in my mouth was either when the cart was over-filled, or in the early days when I trid to 'yank' the draw as you do a cigarette. (PS The pre-filled carts can be overfilled, too)

I leave my e-cig with the LED pointing downwards most of the time, so I really don't think that's your problem.

(I know it's not much positive help, but it can be a help to eliminate problems as well)

Best of luck. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread