Stop the leakage! This is aggravating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmeow

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
The Capital Of The World...NYC
Yeah, I'm trying to make sure I don't overfill. Usually 4-6 drops per cart.

Would those M401s you mention be different than the one I'm using from litecig? I didn't realize there were different designs (except for 2 & 4 hole attys and except for the Sidesho which seems to be 401 based but not interchangeable.)

Hi Pav,

I just found out that the "official" maker of the M401/02/03 series is "Smoore" in China, which you can buy from Absolutelyecigs.com. However, many U.S. suppliers carry them like litecigsUSA.com. Hope that clears things a little bit.:)

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City

Ok working now. Server glitch!

I'm trying that technique you mentioned now with the latest batch of carts I filled. So far, so good. Thanks for that.

Really not that much hassle for me.
I cut 1 M401 cart 3/4" long.
Tailpipe drip 2 drops.
Take 13 puffs (about same as analog).
Drip 2 drops.
13 puffs.
2 drops...

I see where that could be good, kind of like lighting an analog and getting 10-12 puffs, but I don't want to drip all day. Doesn't work well for long drives either. And me trying to dripp all night during a night out at the bar with a few drinks is kind of scary! I just want it to be as conveniant as possible. Whatever works for you though.

What's strange is that this atty I'm using seems way more powerful than the 3 I tried previously. I did try dripping 2 drops and got 4-5 puffs, but they were massive vapor.

Maybe there's something to my drag technique also. I'm trying to adjust it to make it a little less. 15 years of analog habits are hard to break.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Maybe there's something to my drag technique also. I'm trying to adjust it to make it a little less. 15 years of analog habits are hard to break.
Just to clarify: take a longer draw than you would with analogues... but make sure it's a firm and even one, as opposed to a 'yank' like you are used to with an analogue.

Glad the re-filling technique Sludge mentioned seems to be helping :thumb:

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Just to clarify: take a longer draw than you would with analogues... but make sure it's a firm and even one, as opposed to a 'yank' like you are used to with an analogue.

Glad the re-filling technique Sludge mentioned seems to be helping :thumb:

Both these techniques helped. I'm vaping away great now. Thanks guys.

I can't believe that after two months I still didn't really understand that you have to actually drag less to get more vapor.

dubnluvn

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
San Diego, Ca
I think that the reason the 401s don't leak like the 510 and other models is the cart design. The juice reservoir is much more narrow compared to that of the 510, which helps to hold the liquid up. There is also less filler used, about as much as some of the 510 mods use (spring mod comes to mind). This makes them much more efficient as well, despite the smaller capacity. A much better design, in my opinion.

ZorbaTheGreek

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
I've been using the blue foam plug mod. I've had great success after a couple attempts where I was cutting the plug a little to small, you want it just a hair bigger than the cart, so you kind of have to stuff it in there. Vapes till it's dry, and once I got the size worked out, not a drop leaked. Worth checking out IMO. I also only fill about the top 40% of the card with foam, leaving more room for juice. I can get an easy 10 full drops in there, and the foam wicks great till it's pretty much bone dry. Happy hunting!

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
I've had my M401 Dragon for one week and not had one cart leak. I was using the RN4081 since starting in July and, although I really liked it, routinely I would get juice in my mouth or find a line of juice on the desk when I got up each day. Nothing close to that with this ecig.
The M401 is exactly what I've wanted in an ecig.

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
I'm also wondering if the atty has anything to do with it. The previous attys I had were good, but I just put a new one on (from litecig) and man is it powerful. Right off the bat it made huge vapor and throat hit. Way better than the previous 2 attys I had used. Maybe it's making a lot of build up in the outer cart?
Now you are ruined. Once you get a Smoore atty the others just don't cut it. They are extremely powerfull and satisfying to vape. Folks that don't like the 401 have never had a Smoore atty. I also like to drip into the end of a cutoff cart, many times better then using a cart.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Now you are ruined. Once you get a Smoore atty the others just don't cut it. They are extremely powerfull and satisfying to vape. Folks that don't like the 401 have never had a Smoore atty. I also like to drip into the end of a cutoff cart, many times better then using a cart.
I might have to get a Smoore atty then, as Intellicig ones are gonna take a hell of a lot of beating.

rjgarcia

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2009
Little Rock, AR
I've had great success after a couple attempts where I was cutting the plug a little to small, you want it just a hair bigger than the cart, so you kind of have to stuff it in there. Vapes till it's dry, and once I got the size worked out, not a drop leaked. Worth checking out IMO. I also only fill about the top 40% of the card with foam, leaving more room for juice. I can get an easy 10 full drops in there, and the foam wicks great till it's pretty much bone dry. Happy hunting!

Do you have a picture by chance of how big you are cutting it. I have tried this, and it works for the first few vapes, then I put it down and later get a mouthful of liquid, so I am thinking I am not cutting the foam big enough.

-Robert

I'll take pics of my blu foam mod 4 you tomorrow and post them here, if I can. I cut my blu foam about as big as the outer cart (in circumference), then stuff it in the inner cart. There is allot of juice in the outer cart, but I think that's condensate from smoking. I haven't gotten one drop of juice in my mouth the past two days, (I just got he m401 yesterday) but I was a 1/2 a pack a day analog smoker until December 24 2009.

also, that blu foam mod sucks the cart dry. I can fit about 10 drops in the cart, and that lasts me about 30 min or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread