Leakage actually getting worse? Kayfun/Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmack00

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Texas
I have both the Kayfun + and the Russian 91% and lately, after refilling, the leakage has gotten worse than before. Previously, I'd use the Youtube method of covering the bottom-plate airhole with my thumb and filling from the top. Then, I'd just barely connect the top cap (so the threads catch) and turn it upside down. After I turn it upside down, I move my thumb away from the bottom plate airhole and start to screw the top on (while it's still upside down).

This would still result in leakage, but only for a brief time until the airbubble got out (I could actually see it come out through the liquid at the bottom plate). Now it's getting worse, though I haven't changed the method, and the Russian will continue to leak until all of the juice has been expelled - at least it seems like it. I'm pretty sure I'm not overfilling - at least in the past, I've filled it with similiar amounts of juice and haven't had these leaking problems.

The only other thing I haven't tried yet, is replace the o-ring in the topcap, but it's bugging me that it's actually getting worse, than better. I could deal with the previous amount of leakage as it would all happen in the first couple of minutes, then done. Now it seems like there is always a new airbubble, causing juice to continually leak...Anyone have any ideas?

Bronsononson

May 13, 2013
Severn, Maryland
In kayfun/RUssian/Chimney style tanks negative pressure is more than just important - without it the tank will never wick or vape right and the ever so annoyng leaking. Honestly the "youtube" method should work but to ensure youre getting correct negative pressure you should really try to continue with filling it through the fill hole. Replace o-rings could help - good line of thinking.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I have had my Kayfun 3.1 clone for about a week now. I have tried filing it using the "top-fill" method, and EVERY single time I experienced flooding and leaking out the air hole....I have since committed myself to filling it 'properly' (through the fill hole), and have not had a problem since....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread