Storage for DIY supplies. Ideas Wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Hey, folks.

My wife normally takes care of all our mixing, but I want to start doing it myself as she only vapes MTL with one or two tobacco flavours and I hate to bother her when I want to try a new recipe.

One problem...our supplies are currently in a disorganized, hair-pulling, screaming mess. LOL. I can't work that way. ;)

So, how's everyone store and organise all their supplies (flavours, tools, etc)?

Thanks. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am afraid I resemble your wife when it comes to storage. LOL.

Things I've seen that look 'good' (although I would never use them, mainly because I live in AZ so I store my flavors refrigerated due to ambient temps around here, I use a couple large boxes) include nail polish racks (can get from Sally's or amazon) various "organizer tubs or cases, like an art or sticker storage case that latches (can be nice, especially if labelled on the lid, I'd think as you may need several) or just wire bins that can be pulled out in which the flavors are organized inside. Tons of options and many of them are pretty inexpensive.

I did go to Target yesterday and drooled over some of the storage systems (I do hate picking through my flavors, although I am down to about once a month if not longer now that I am mixing more volume) but didn't get any. Also, the dollar store can be a great place to look for stuff. I might go visit my son at his job someday, "Everything's a Dollar at Dollar tree, mom! Everything!" and see what they have that might be small enough and suitable for my fridge, although I'm not sure I'm holding my breath on "small enough." Maybe at Dollar tree, since everything is a dollar. LOL. I think I will measure the dimensions of my fridge first, however. I recently stocked up on flavors.... A lot. I'd like them to be easier to deal with....

Best of luck, but tons of options, you just gotta see what you think will work for you. Come to think, I could probably get my husband to make me something for the fridge... But he is in the throes of nicotine detox ATM, I don't want to add to his troubles. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: ShaneR42

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
disorganized, hair-pulling, screaming mess actually works for me.

all kidding aside though, I bought one of these at Walmart for DIY supplies.

drawers.jpg

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
disorganized, hair-pulling, screaming mess actually works for me.

all kidding aside though, I bought one of these at Walmart for DIY supplies.

View attachment 727435

That's what I use for storage. Still, it's tough because I have to dig through the drawers to find the flavors I need - so it works, but not a great solution.

I see that a lot of folks use tiered nail polish racks for their flavors and keep them alphabetized - which seems ideal - I just don't have the room on my workbench for a permanent rack.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
Flavor bottles seldom leak and can be stored face up in a flat tupperware tray. Tackle, sewing, and old jewelry boxes make good organizers for tools etc.

I have had some issues with the larger 4oz flavor bottles leaking. Due to this issue I have bought a case of 4oz amber glass bottles with metal caps to store my flavors in. Just the flavors I have from TFA in 4oz bottles. Those are the only ones that keep leaking on me.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
how's everyone store and organise all their supplies (flavours, tools, etc)?
Tools etc, I vape in the garage work shop, but and shoe box should do the job.
All my flavors are in sealed (near air proof) plastic containers. I have 3 large ones of different flavor bottle heights (5-15 ml &30 ml heights can all differ):
Request Rejected ----------->Typ.
Screw on 4 oz flavors refill containers are fine in a open plastic tub.
I also save the odd small butter tub/lid for chocolate,tobaccos etc. (pungent/specialty) categories.
At a dollar a container, this purchase allows me to minimize outgassing/evaporation (odors) and contain the flavors in an upright stacked condition which serves to minimizes leaking from the individual flavor bottles/containers. I stuff crumpled newspapers to fill any vacant spaces within the sealed containers.
This has worked nicely over the years and helps me remember where everything is when I set up my flavors to mix not to mention that minimum space is used for storage. I mix 50 + recipes at a time every 4-6 months.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Hey, folks.

My wife normally takes care of all our mixing, but I want to start doing it myself as she only vapes MTL with one or two tobacco flavours and I hate to bother her when I want to try a new recipe.

One problem...our supplies are currently in a disorganized, hair-pulling, screaming mess. LOL. I can't work that way. ;)

So, how's everyone store and organise all their supplies (flavours, tools, etc)?

Thanks. :)

I started this about 3 years ago, never really finished it, not really for everyone. I just store small bottles on the stepped storage racks, and larger bottles I store in a small frig in the basement. I use the desk and shelves for pretty much all my vape gear. :)

KAS

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I started this about 3 years ago, never really finished it, not really for everyone. I just store small bottles on the stepped storage racks, and larger bottles I store in a small frig in the basement. I use the desk and shelves for pretty much all my vape gear. :)

KAS
Love when you post these pics Kas.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
View attachment 727557

I don't have as many flavors as KAS but I like 'em organized so I can find them quickly when I'm mixing. Ones I don't use much (or at all) are stored in a drawer in the desk.

I like using a stepped rack like yours, more than any other method that I have seen. I have mine organized by flavor brand on each rack, except the corner one, it has several different misc brands. :)

KAS

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I like using a stepped rack like yours, more than any other method that I have seen. I have mine organized by flavor brand on each rack, except the corner one, it has several different misc brands. :)

KAS
My racks are organized by flavor. Citrus flavors take up 3 rows.:facepalm: At least I'm getting to the point where I know which ones I won't miss when they run out and which to order in larger sizes.

Reactions: kas122461

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
My racks are organized by flavor. Citrus flavors take up 3 rows.:facepalm: At least I'm getting to the point where I know which ones I won't miss when they run out and which to order in larger sizes.
Do you have a mango and tangerine type of recipe? If so, could you pm the recipe so as to not take this thread too far :offtopic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread