Status
Not open for further replies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Thnx dude much appreciated. Well here's to hoping it'll be able to last 10-20 years!! (If this legislation passes I'm literally, no joke, gonna buy a 10 gallon vat of 100mg...) :toast:

I was thinking about buying a couple 55 gallon drums of it and storing it at a cryogenic facility....!

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
I've heard actual gossip indicating that pg is the hot tip for room temperature storage of nicotine. In the freezer, it isn't supposed to make much difference. I can't confirm this, but whoever posted it seemed to have authoritative reasons.

ETA: All long term storage solutions involve glass containers, not the plastic bottles it might be shipped in.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
I just finished up some 100mg/PG. nic I bought 11/09. It will darken in color slightly but still taste the same. I have always stored it in the bottom drawer of my fridge in brown glass bottles. Will start in on my 02/10 batch next which looks good still. Air and light are the main enemies...so break it down to smaller bottles to use so you dont keep opening a large bottle every time you need some.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
According to the chemist that advised me, in dark glass and a tight sealing cap with very little head room stored the freezer, and it should last indefinitely. VG also sets up better than PG since PG stays more liquid. Nicotine also doesn't just turn like food but oxidizes instead, which creates an almost tobacco like taste and amber, gold, yellow or orangish coloration. It's still safe to vape although it might be a little less in mg strength, and some people actually oxidize theirs on purpose for the taste I mentioned.

Last edited:

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Where did you get your bottles, nicotime? I have some from Wizard Labs and yesterday, I couldn't find them on their site.

Back then My Freedom Smokes shipped in brown bottles...some I have accumulated over the years...and some I bought from a site called Container & Packaging Supplies along with other stuff...but they weren't cheap.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I just finished up some 100mg/PG. nic I bought 11/09. It will darken in color slightly but still taste the same. I have always stored it in the bottom drawer of my fridge in brown glass bottles. Will start in on my 02/10 batch next which looks good still. Air and light are the main enemies...so break it down to smaller bottles to use so you dont keep opening a large bottle every time you need some.
    Thanks for this post this is the first I've seen, of results from 6 year storage.
    Time to order more!............

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 28, 2011
    MA, USA
    Ok so were all familiar with the possibility of legislation going down this year that may ban the sale of liquid nicotine. So does anyone know the shelf life of nicotine? Ive heard that you can sinply freeze it completely and keep.it good, but if thats true how long is its frozen shelf life??

Do be aware that it doesn't actually freeze; it will stay liquid in the freezer. VG does get pretty thick, though!

And if you're looking to buy in bulk, take a look at e-liq.com; a gallon of 100mg (about 3.75 liters) is $121. Haven't tried them yet, but it's the best price I've seen around.

Nermal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Multiple thanks. They didn't have the precise bottle I wanted. They SHIP their nicotine in it! Since they had everything I wanted on one site, I gave them the whole want list. They caution about weather caused delays, but no problem. I'm just stocking up for a future I hope never comes.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    Last edited:

Rickb119

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 20, 2013
    Greeley, CO, USA

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    your nicotine concentration should hold up very well in the freezer. i tested my WL nic after several months to a year of it being in a cobalt glass bottle, room temp, opened a few times per month, stored in a black box. the concentration started out at 60mg, and was still 60mg when i tested it.

madvapes did a study called Nicotine Concentration Over Time where they tested nicotine in 4 storage areas: refrigerator, room temp, room temp window sill, and room temp window sill open bottle. the room temp open bottle window sill only lost an average of 1mg per month. the refrigerator one didnt lose anything. the room temp one only lost 1mg after 4 months, the window sill one lost 3mg after 4 months. i wish they had kept the study going for more than 4 months.

Madvapes Blog - Nicotine Concentration Over Time
    if the link doesnt work, google "Madvapes Nicotine Concentration Over Time"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread