Will nicotine become more harmful over long periods of time in the freezer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Lately, I've been considering replacing my two year old liters of nic that's been kept at room temp. Although it has no off taste or objectionable throat hit at 3mg/ml and 9mg/ml mixes I don't like the dark brown color it's developed.

I transferred the opened and the unopened liters to glass bottles last year. It was all the same deep shade of brown. When I bought it two years ago it was clear to very pale yellow looking down into the bottle through the top and completely clear when in an unflavored 50ml mix bottle. Now, after transferring to glass it's all dark brown.

Any suggestions? Should I keep it or trash it?

If I trash it, what's a safe disposal method for 100mg/ml nic? I'd hate to take it to the County recycle center and toss it into a dumpster. I'm not keen on dumping a liter and a half into the ground, although I have woods bordering my property. It wouldn't be good for wildlife.

One disposal method says buy a bag of woodchips and pour it into the bag and let the mix soak into the chips. Double bag the bag of wood chips and then take it to your local recycle center and put it into their hazardous materials disposal bin. That sounds like a good method to me.

Maybe kitty litter would work as well - whichever is cheaper and more available. I recall reading that some people have mixed nic concentrate down to use as a spray insecticide for their plants.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Maybe kitty litter would work as well - whichever is cheaper and more available. I recall reading that some people have mixed nic concentrate down to use as a spray insecticide for their plants.

Yep, kitty liter is probably the best solution. It's designed to be absorbent. From what I've read all recycle centers have a hazardous waste disposal bin. I know that ours has a motor oil tank. It's less than a 10 minute ride up the road. I drop off our trash there weekly, so I know the people who work there. I'll double bag over the kitty litter bag and tie it up tight before I drop it off.

My 3mg vape level at 10ml a day says I can DIY 9.x years on a liter. I'd buy smaller amounts if I thought the FDA would relax on vaping supplies. The only reason I bought 2 liters year before last was because I was worried that they would outlaw liters of nic. Not freezing it was a mistake.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It is Nicotine not Napalm. Dilute with water in a 5 gallon bucket.Empty down drain with more water.Done.

I'd do that, but septic tanks depend on live bacteria cultures to work. We live in an upscale subdivision on the edge of the county with most all of the utility services, but no county sewage yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread