Storing new batteries for future use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
It's how they're stored that has a huge impact on how long they'll last. If they're stored in an uncontrolled environment that gets warm, the shelf life will be a lot shorter than if they were stored in the refrigerator or freezer.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

You should have added that if you do put your battery in a cold environment, you need the ensure that:
  1. the battery doesn't get any humidity that could condense or affect the battery... ziplock bag with a silica pack.
  2. when you want to start using it, you should let it reach room temperature first (at least 12 hours), while making sure that you have something to suck any moisture away.
But this only slows the degradation down, it doesn't stop it and could still not be effective for all batteries.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have been extremely happy with my MPV's so that is why I hesitated buying something different.

I am often kicking myself for never having had an MVP........they were just so wildly popular, I think more people quit smoking using that mod than just about any other during a period of about 2 full years.

It makes sense that you would want to stick with "what works".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread