Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Here is what i did to my arry tank as i enjoy ce2s cut out of there Ce2 stainless cart tubes its fun for me and produces a great clean tasting vape with no leaks.
Im on my 3rd tankful of RY4 90PG/10VG and so far no problems.
Many many thanks to Stormy for the sale to me and to Arry for his design .
Im not great with pictures, hope these thumbnailS shows what i did for my personal enjoyment with this tank.
Click individual pictures to enlarge them .

HPIM3823 (Large).jpg HPIM3825 (Large).jpg HPIM3822 (Large).jpg HPIM3821 (Large).jpg

ms421

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
OKC
Dieseler how would you compare the flavor and vapor production with this versus cartomizers? Have to admit cartos are the only thing I've tried so far, EMDCC's and now SmokTech 510 XL DCC's (@1.25 Ohm). Is it a big difference?

Seems like refills could be less hassle. ... ?

Thanks,
Nic-holio

Nic . . . Are you suggesting refilling the ACTv4 is somewhat of a hassle? I have been concerned about the v4's having the drip tip go into the carto, instead of being able to leave the "bung" in and the drip tip resting on top . . . thus allowing the top cap to be removed, the tank refilled( from the top) and the cap screwed back on . . . that is the way the v3's work and it is totally hassle free . . . I may try to mod a drip tip that will rest on top of the "bung" when my v4's come . . . I'm just so pleased with how simple and trouble free the v3's are . . . thanks!

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Dieseler how would you compare the flavor and vapor production with this versus cartomizers? Have to admit cartos are the only thing I've tried so far, EMDCC's and now SmokTech 510 XL DCC's (@1.25 Ohm). Is it a big difference?

Seems like refills could be less hassle. ... ?

Thanks,
Nic-holio

Nic i never tried a carto im sorry. I had tried the ce2 in them small tubes already set up from vendors and had nothing but problems including them slipping off there tubes and i get a burnt taste or leakage thru the connector. Useing my mini pipe cutter i learned from a video some time ago and taking a ce2 out of its ce2 cart in placeing in this tank works really well for me , i have been doing it for months now in another tank but this tank now work better for me.

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
ah cool. I've seen the CE2's around in pictures and sites etc. and wondered if things wicked better with the long wicks. Seems like it probably would.

@ms421:
Well, it's really not so bad. I've never used a tank before (just done lots of reading about them haha). I got a few needle tips to replace the dropper tip with (it's sort of a funnel-shaped tip that goes down to a really fine point), which I can then squeeze the liquid out of the bottle into the tank through the hole in the bottom. That works *pretty well*, and although you have to pop the needle tip back off and rinse it out afterwards, it's really not so bad. I've got one in my little vape pack now in a small plastic ziplock next to my liquid bottle.

Something else I have done twice now, once late yesterday when I got home from work, and also today at my desk at work (pretty vaper-friendly there, heh) that may prove to be promising:

It's easier to fill the tank from the top because you can see what you're doing better -- but you could also lose some liquid through the center air passage in the carto out the bottom if your carto is letting much or any through. (Self-deprecating note here: This may depend on how you punched your carto -- I'm still on my first carto and although I was careful to try not to punch too deep to not punch the center, it's possible I may have inadvertently done so)

So what I tried and have done twice now without making a horrible mess is, removing the tank from the mod, then removing the lid from the top and just refilling from the top. But before I (carefully and slowly) screw the top lid back on, I've put my finger tip right over the center hole on the bottom of the carto to make a bit of a seal. It's not a great seal of course, but I figured if it was blocking flow much at all, it might force more upwards into the carto rather than down through the bottom when the cap pressurizes the tank as you screw it down.

It actually worked pretty good. I did get SOME liquid on my finger from the bottom of the carto, but it was only about a drop or so, so I wiped it off along with the bottom of the carto before putting it back onto the battery. It was a little gurgly at first but I pretty much expected that.

I also thought about the little silicon "plugs" that come stuck into the battery/threads side of Boge cartos, and thought this might really work out well to plug it up better. I'll give that a try soon.

So I have sort of had to get familiar with refilling the tank -- but I doubt I'm running into much of anything with the ACTv4 that people using other tanks don't also run into in some form. It's not but so much of a hassle, really.

But I have to admit its pretty interesting what Dieseler is doing there. I was thinking, if there isn't really a carto tube going up the middle to get in the way it might be pretty easy to refill the carto, just screw the top off and top up.

Last edited:

Joe944

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2011
ca
With a smoketech DCC I had slight leakage from the bottom when screwing the top cap on. With the boges I'm using from now on I haven't had a single leak through the bottom but I have noticed if I fill it too much and screw the top cap on the carto fills up to the top.

Not a big deal since you can just vape through it, but also affirms the idea that you really don't need to pre-fill cartos before putting them in the Actv4.

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Ah - well that's good to know and look forward to! I haven't used any of my Boge's yet. They're 3 ohm so they're reserved for the Provari.

I tried using one of those little plugs from a new Boge carto (the one poked into the threads side) when I refilled the tank this morning. It worked GREAT.

EDIT: Nice avatar there, Joe! :)

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Today i tried something different instead of taking the ce2 out of its casing i slotted it with my dremel and inserted it in the tank.
Vapes great tastes great is all im gonna say !
I'm using a reg size ce2 in its stainless casing .

To note i put ce2 on table and measure 5/8ths from end of its connector and mark it with a fine point sharpie then slot it a hair above the mark and its working great for me.

I like this way as its less hassle for me now.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Experimented yesterday some more and this to date is my favorite.

I cut stainless tube with mini pipe cutter about half way up the tube and pushed into the tank this way.
Then took the top of ce2 tube off and with tweezers gently pulled the wicks out of bottom tube so they dangle in tank.
Took the little silicone cap that covers the ce2 and installed on the ce2 itself , filled tank to just under that silicone cap since arry's top cap was off at this point.

Then screwed arry's top cap down .
Installed the top half of ce2 stainless tube that was cut gently into the hole of arry's top cap until i felt it meet the ce2 cover cap inside tank and then with tweezers pushed the other silicone cap that was in the tube down to meet the filler cap that covers the ce2 installed drip tip and vaped.

I liked this the best to date and have since filled the tank several times by removing drip tip and inner seal and with syringe filled thru the filler holes until e-liquid comes out the bottom 510 connector , i then swap the top tube with tissue install drip tip and blow thru it to clear any remaining e-liquid in its airtube out the bottom.

Sound like a lot of work but for me its not as i seem to have it down path.
The vape is really good and draw is very easy as i blow out clouds useing a rated 2.6 -2.8 ohm ce2 on my simple 3.7 megalodon in mini mode.

From now on im going to use this tank in this fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread