Arry's ACTv4: First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Dee

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Orange Park FL
Hole is punched as much the same as the others as I can make them. No worries, though. Just wanted to throw that out there in case someone else is having troubles getting them to fit. Both tanks are *ahem* vapin' up a storm. /nod /nod ;)

Once the first tank starts to lose flavor, I think I'll try the trouble carto in that one just to see. I may have altered something when I punched it and just can't see the difference with my poor eye sight. Not a real big deal. Anyone who has been vaping for any length of time keeps plenty spares around!

If I keep this pace up, will definitely have to see about getting some lower nicotine strength fluids...muhahahaha

It's like the first hit on a carto fill...ALL the time!

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin

Jay Dee

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Orange Park FL
For what it's worth...a follow up on my earlier post:

I think Arry is pretty much dead-on correct about punching cartos sometimes deforming them just a tad. I eventually was able to put both tanks down long enough to drain the juices, clean'em up and try several new un-punched cartos. While one tank was just a little tighter than the other, the cartos still went in pretty easily. (tight fits in tanks are a GOOD thing. Definitely NOT complaining!)

Then punched a number of those cartos and tried them again. And I had a few that were considerably harder to get in, and a few I gave up trying. There always seems to be some squashing, at least for me (ymmv). Sometimes it is worse that others. *shrug*

Guess I need to go look for a Dremel to slot instead! muhahaha!

B4DJ1N64N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Indonesia
I have problems using ACTv4 with my provari. I have a pair of these tank, one of them got a bad connector, thanks to stormy for quickly respond my email about this. The other one is working great at first. But the problem started when I bring it to my daily work. Looks like screwhead in the modified 510-510 connector compressed the center pin on boge cartos deep inside, Freshly installed boge will work fine until the tank got shaken or something. In The last 2 days I have replace the carto 4 times because it won't work after a while. I am always on a bike going onroad and offroad carrying my satchel bag, maybe it got shaken quite a bit. I notice that smoktech cartos has differrent type of center pin, I will try using them tomorrow, but for me Boge cartos won't work well with my act ver 4. Or maybe the adapter is the problem, I have to try using my ego-510 adapter with boge. I will post the result later after I have confirmed this.

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
hmm this sounds familiar......... I just sent a PM to Stormy about the same thing yesterday.

EDIT: Removing most of prior content and replacing it with below

I had same fit problems with the shorty on my Provari (which I just got) that I had on my JoyeTech eGo 18650 mod.

So quite clearly, the problem is not and never was my mod, but the "center pin solution" on the modded 510 shorties I got being too long. It is the only rational explanation, especially since it is a floating center pin.

FWIW the $7 510 "modder's" connector (the one that comes with a nut) at Mad Vapes works perfectly and holds the tank straight and secure on my mods without compressing the center pin. Unfortunately they're out of stock now and I only got one of them to try.

Hopefully Stormy can help out the few of us who got... "dodgy"... 510 shorties with our ACTv4's. I know she's in contact with Arry and takes care of her customers so I'm sure she will do something.

Note, I'm not knocking the tank here. Just saying I got some bad shorties and need ones that work. Arry?

Peace out.

Last edited:

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Today just some experimenting with a ce2 in its stainless tube .
I slotted it with my dremel cut off wheel then filled tank .
Always loved what a CE2 brings to the vaping world.

DCT with CE2
20120324_161108-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bebe56

Mar 21, 2012
Brooklyn
Last edited:

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Do they work? Most of the different ones I tried didn't.

Only one of them did, and the other 2 I tried that came with nuts were completely different from each other (they're weren't the same shorties just being sold by different people at wildly different prices). I suspected this would be the case so I didn't "fixate" on the nut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread