The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Arry's ACTv4: First Impressions

Discussion in 'Stormy's Vapor Cellar' started by Nic-holio, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Full Member Verified Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Orange Park FL
    Hole is punched as much the same as the others as I can make them. No worries, though. Just wanted to throw that out there in case someone else is having troubles getting them to fit. Both tanks are *ahem* vapin' up a storm. /nod /nod ;)

Once the first tank starts to lose flavor, I think I'll try the trouble carto in that one just to see. I may have altered something when I punched it and just can't see the difference with my poor eye sight. Not a real big deal. Anyone who has been vaping for any length of time keeps plenty spares around!

If I keep this pace up, will definitely have to see about getting some lower nicotine strength fluids...muhahahaha

It's like the first hit on a carto fill...ALL the time!

2. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I'm glad you mentioned it and we got a quick reply from Arry. I'm glad you like it.

3. sdkelly85

sdkelly85 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2012
    San Diego
    I'm having troubles with my carto fitting when its punched as well. The tank is also sitting crooked will screwed into my Provari.

4. JGD

JGD Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I'm doing searches and can't find who sells this tank. Can someone post a link for me? Thanks!

5. horton

horton ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
  6. JGD

JGD Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2011
    Wisconsin
  7. horton

horton ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    You are welcome ---- glad I could be of help ..... I'm sure you will really like the tanks..... horton -- out

8. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Tanks are in stock now! All pre orders will ship out tomorrow and any new orders will ship until the stock runs out!

9. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Full Member Verified Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Orange Park FL
    For what it's worth...a follow up on my earlier post:

I think Arry is pretty much dead-on correct about punching cartos sometimes deforming them just a tad. I eventually was able to put both tanks down long enough to drain the juices, clean'em up and try several new un-punched cartos. While one tank was just a little tighter than the other, the cartos still went in pretty easily. (tight fits in tanks are a GOOD thing. Definitely NOT complaining!)

Then punched a number of those cartos and tried them again. And I had a few that were considerably harder to get in, and a few I gave up trying. There always seems to be some squashing, at least for me (ymmv). Sometimes it is worse that others. *shrug*

Guess I need to go look for a Dremel to slot instead! muhahaha!

10. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Thanks for the update Jay.
    Arry did mention that the slit would do better for this version.

11. n0t1c3r

n0t1c3r Full Member

Mar 15, 2011
    USA
    you're better with slits for sure as nail punching will for sure distort the carto. i've installed 3 cartos with slits that i did with a dremel and all 3 went in real smooth. good luck.

12. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Today just some experimenting with a ce2 in its stainless tube .
    I slotted it with my dremel cut off wheel then filled tank .
    Yup this is vaping nice with a rich clean taste with my e-liquid .

Always loved what a CE2 brings to the vaping world.

13. Nic-holio

Nic-holio Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2012
    North Carolina
    May depend on what you're punching with too.

14. B4DJ1N64N

B4DJ1N64N Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    Indonesia
    I have problems using ACTv4 with my provari. I have a pair of these tank, one of them got a bad connector, thanks to stormy for quickly respond my email about this. The other one is working great at first. But the problem started when I bring it to my daily work. Looks like screwhead in the modified 510-510 connector compressed the center pin on boge cartos deep inside, Freshly installed boge will work fine until the tank got shaken or something. In The last 2 days I have replace the carto 4 times because it won't work after a while. I am always on a bike going onroad and offroad carrying my satchel bag, maybe it got shaken quite a bit. I notice that smoktech cartos has differrent type of center pin, I will try using them tomorrow, but for me Boge cartos won't work well with my act ver 4. Or maybe the adapter is the problem, I have to try using my ego-510 adapter with boge. I will post the result later after I have confirmed this.

15. Nic-holio

Jan 12, 2012
    North Carolina
    hmm this sounds familiar......... I just sent a PM to Stormy about the same thing yesterday.

EDIT: Removing most of prior content and replacing it with below

I had same fit problems with the shorty on my Provari (which I just got) that I had on my JoyeTech eGo 18650 mod.

So quite clearly, the problem is not and never was my mod, but the "center pin solution" on the modded 510 shorties I got being too long. It is the only rational explanation, especially since it is a floating center pin.

FWIW the $7 510 "modder's" connector (the one that comes with a nut) at Mad Vapes works perfectly and holds the tank straight and secure on my mods without compressing the center pin. Unfortunately they're out of stock now and I only got one of them to try.

Hopefully Stormy can help out the few of us who got... "dodgy"... 510 shorties with our ACTv4's. I know she's in contact with Arry and takes care of her customers so I'm sure she will do something.

Note, I'm not knocking the tank here. Just saying I got some bad shorties and need ones that work. Arry?

Peace out.

16. B4DJ1N64N

B4DJ1N64N Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    Indonesia
    Thanks Nic-holio. I guess I'll have to get at least a pair of those connector from madvapes.

Edit: madvapes are out of those 510/510 adapters. Hopefully they restock soon.

17. jkmtwo

jkmtwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2012
    Lebanon TN
    I love these tanks, I have 2 and I'm thinking hard about a 3rd

18. Andyhrn

Andyhrn Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2011
    TX
    DCT with CE2
    20120324_161108-1.jpg

19. Bebe56

Bebe56 Full Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Brooklyn
  20. Nic-holio

Jan 12, 2012
    North Carolina
    Do they work? Most of the different ones I tried didn't.

Only one of them did, and the other 2 I tried that came with nuts were completely different from each other (they're weren't the same shorties just being sold by different people at wildly different prices). I suspected this would be the case so I didn't "fixate" on the nut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.