Strange advantages of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlise

Mar 4, 2010
You don't have to watch an analog burn up in the ashtray while you're typing on the keyboard. :oops: Love the pass-through.

You don't have to relight that analog after the FSC carpet glue has made it go out. :(

No more cleaning up the ashtray that got upended. :shock:

Saw a video of a guy vaping in the shower. Must try that.:lol:

If you drop an e-cig, you don't get a burn hole in the carpet.

How about some more?

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
From a military perspective - STEALTH. It would make it much more difficult for the enemy to locate your position compared to how it was if you were a smoker. Just the indirect glow of a cig can be seen with the naked eye for quite a distance and the direct light of the hot burning ash 100's of meters with the naked eye, perhaps a half-mile or more with night vision. The smell of burning tobacco can travel miles and the lingering smell of smoke on cammies/bdu's can be detected nearby.

The number of smokers in the military are many and the e-cig just may be something that could literally save lives.

Think about it.

:thumb:

WolfAtTheDoor

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
texas
Well, kind of an advantage I guess.. When i first tried an e-cig in march/april of last year, I took it on a fishing party boat. It drew a little bit of attention from smokers/non-smokers alike. Some had heard of them, others hadn't and asked what I thought of them and some were like "hey, can you show me that again, or brought another person by and said "hey, show them that thing." So, I suppose if you like attention and teaching folks things, its an advantage.

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
No more wheezing every time I go for a run.

No more accidental drinks from cans I put a cigarette out in.

No more lungs full of burnt plastic from accidentally lighting my cigarette backwards.

No more burning my eyelashes trying to light a smoke on the stove top.

No more deep seated anxiety about health risks every time I light up!

No more bathing my face in smoke ten times a day, causing wrinkles.

No more smoke in the eye....hated that.

One time I even caught my fingernail on fire trying to light a cig....

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
From a military perspective - STEALTH. It would make it much more difficult for the enemy to locate your position compared to how it was if you were a smoker. Just the indirect glow of a cig can be seen with the naked eye for quite a distance and the direct light of the hot burning ash 100's of meters with the naked eye, perhaps a half-mile or more with night vision. The smell of burning tobacco can travel miles and the lingering smell of smoke on cammies/bdu's can be detected nearby.

The number of smokers in the military are many and the e-cig just may be something that could literally save lives.

Think about it.

:thumb:

That's a good point, We were not allowed to smoke at night period. All the smokers I knew used dip I was a kodiak guy. You could see that sucker from a mile away with a pvs7 on. One of my buddied thought he would be smart and smoke inthe bottom of his fox hole after throwing a poncho and liner over the top. It glowed like a big green volcano ready to burst.

On another stealthy note. You can vape and hunt without the smell giving you away. Heck the right flavor like apple might even attract deer.

Last edited:
No more of those little hot ashes that go rogue while you're driving and fly right on your hand or arm and burn you!!! I hated those! All you could do was stay calm, grit your teeth, and take the pain until it cooled off. If I flipped out I probably would have crashed the car.

Reminds me of a time years ago I was driving with my window open and a wasp started coming in the window and I freaked out! I wasn't paying attention to the road at all as I'm flailing around trying to get this wasp out. I finally look up and it's a red light, so I jam on the brakes and squeal to a stop, smoke pouring off of the tires. It was so loud! When I came to a stop and the smoke had cleared, I realized the wasp was gone and I look up to see all these strangers at the intersection just staring at me, like WTF!?. It was embarassing to say the least. I'm just sitting there basking in the awkwardness thinking, can this light take any longer to turn green! Ridiculous!

I also hated throwing smokes out the window (I hated the stink of cars that used the ashtray, so yes, I was a litterbug). Occasionally I'd have one that flew back in and went in the backseat and burned a hole. Made me so mad!:evil:

I always had this strange mental image that I'd be tossing a smoke out the window and look back in the rear view mirror and see a car totally exploding and flying up in the air. It's a hilarious visual to me, although obviously it would be horrible if it happened in real life. But I have a fairly imaginative and demented sense of humor so yes, to me that is funny.......I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread