Strawberries and cream replacement e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmer

Mar 29, 2014
Taneytown, MD, USA
So I've been vaping since 2013 when I was able to kick the cigs to the curb. My go to had been The Vapor Room's house brand strawberries and cream( 70vg/30pg 3 mg) , one of the few e-liquids that doesn't make me wheeze. Since they stopped making it, due to the ridiculous costs of the PTMAs I have tried Naked 100-didn't care for their juice, Vapestasia strawberry parfait- meh, and Beard the one (some kind of strawberry donut) which I didn't like at all. Anything with custard is too strong and gives me a tight chest. I experimented with DIY about a year and a half back because of this regulation possibility, and I followed recipies and downloaded a juice calculator (e-juice me up, I believe), but my diy mixes were just awful. Any suggestions for a good strawberries and cream juice? Nothing with cheesecake, though- I love the flavor, but it makes me wheeze. Thanks for any advice you can give.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
My first DIY experiments were awful too. I dumped so much down the drain. Then I learned about steeping. Some say fruits do not need to steep but the creams would. I think everything should get a mandatory 10 day steep and I usually give most of mine about 3 weeks. Once I did that I realized I could make juice.
Did you steep yours?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Any suggestions for a good strawberries and cream juice?
I have a Strawberry and Cream recipe I really like a lot. Very simple recipe. It's a very nice, smooth and very flavorful S-berry & Cream.

MF Strawberry 2.5%
FLV Cream 1%
INW Vanilla Cream 0.5%

While that is merely 4% total flavorings those are all more highly concentrated than say TFA/TPA or CAP flavors (which generally need higher %'s).

The MF (Medicine Flower) Strawberry is the most convincing strawberry I've had. True strawberry flavor. Not candy or fake. I have tried most of the strawberries.

MF flavors are very highly concentrated compared to any other flavor company we normally see in DIY. They do require a long steep (4 weeks minimum / 6-8 even better).

Good luck

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I experimented with DIY about a year and a half back because of this regulation possibility, and I followed recipies and downloaded a juice calculator (e-juice me up, I believe), but my diy mixes were just awful.
Pop in over at Fran's Random DIY thread. There are many very experienced mixers there who would be more than happy to help you with DIY.

Random DIY mixing and More

marmer

Mar 29, 2014
Taneytown, MD, USA
Yes, I did, and it tasted worse after a few weeks than it did when I first mixed it. I really wish I could figure this whole diy thing out. I ordered supplies through River supply co, is there a better place? Maybe I should buy a different brand of nicotine. I think it was pur nic, I'd have to check, I kept it refrigerated. I didn't even like what I mixed without nic- disappointing. I did learn that a lot of the flavors I bought make me wheeze- cheesecake, pear, custards, vanilla, apple, and I wasn't adding all that much flavor, maybe 5-10% (I heard that store bought juices sometimes have 20% flavor). Strawberry and whipped cream and sweet cream were about the only ones that didn't irritate my lungs. Even mixing those strawberry and cream ones just didn't taste good, it was like I was missing some secret ingredient. I tried adding sweetener, just a few drops, but that didn't help. I tried different brands, Capella, Lorann, Flavor Art, Flavor's Apprentice and Inawera was way too strong. Maybe I'll try again in the future, most of the flavors have gone bad, a few are still ok to use.

marmer

Mar 29, 2014
Taneytown, MD, USA
I have a Strawberry and Cream recipe I really like a lot. Very simple recipe. It's a very nice, smooth and very flavorful S-berry & Cream.

MF Strawberry 2.5%
FLV Cream 1%
INW Vanilla Cream 0.5%

While that is merely 4% total flavorings those are all more highly concentrated than say TFA/TPA or CAP flavors (which generally need higher %'s).

The MF (Medicine Flower) Strawberry is the most convincing strawberry I've had. True strawberry flavor. Not candy or fake. I have tried most of the strawberries.

MF flavors are very highly concentrated compared to any other flavor company we normally see in DIY. They do require a long steep (4 weeks minimum / 6-8 even better).

Good luck
I haven't tried MF Strawberry, maybe I will give that a try, thanks!

marmer

Mar 29, 2014
Taneytown, MD, USA
My first DIY experiments were awful too. I dumped so much down the drain. Then I learned about steeping. Some say fruits do not need to steep but the creams would. I think everything should get a mandatory 10 day steep and I usually give most of mine about 3 weeks. Once I did that I realized I could make juice.
Did you steep yours?
Yes, I did. Sorry, I meant to reply to you but I posted a separate response below that didn't directly address your comment. Thank you for the advice.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Yes, I did. Sorry, I meant to reply to you but I posted a separate response below that didn't directly address your comment. Thank you for the advice.
I saw it all and got the responses. I agree with SMT, go to the DIY thread. There are a lot of experts there and so many helpful people can help you figure out went wrong.
Your loved flavor is such an easy one and I would like to see you get it worked out right so you can just DIY it

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Since the flavorings are making you wheeze, have you tried unflavored?
Otherwise, reduce your flavorings to as low as you can go and still taste things.

I do know I have issues with most strawberry anything, it sucks, but is workable.
Any mixes I make for the wife can go up to 10%. Anything I make for myself stays below 3% for all items combined.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
For the most part pur nic is good so I doubt its that. Maybe you have a sensitivity to one of the chemicals in some of the flavors. Could possibly just be the daap. Maybe try some of the V2 or DX flavors as they do not contain daap. Some of the creams do have a puke taste thou so be careful what you pick.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I haven't tried MF Strawberry, maybe I will give that a try, thanks!
Medicine flower (MF) is very expensive (but also very strong) but I think it will be worth trying. Strawberry is one that many people keep searching for a good one (or combination) and I trust SMT opinion that the MF is good. Go with the suggested recipe ;) Different brands/flavors need to be mixed at different %... don't guess (depending on which one, could be anywhere from 0.5 to 10 %) There is even a cinnamon you have to use drops because it's that strong. After mix a recipe, shake it up good and let it steep (as mentioned...) If you get back into DIY, consider getting a scale to measure flavors... so easy and accurate) I still mix my "base" by volume though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread