Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
They have this in there

"Moreover, a study from Tarran's lab last year found evidence of toxic compounds in commonly used vaping liquids, and the CDC currently is investigating about 100 recent cases in the U.S. of sudden, serious lung disease in otherwise healthy young vapers."

The 100 recent cases have nothing to do with e-cigarettes with nicotine. They are about teens buying an illegal substance on the street and vaping it. So the rest of the article is suspect too.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
@Rossum - What are you doing here..!? Are you trying to illuminate this matter so as to draw others to pile on..?

There are testominials about vaping...there are testimonials about God. There are even testomonials about jade eggs.

I know you well enough to surmise that you don't believe this is all a free lunch.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
This is directly at odds with the real-world experience of many smokers who switched to vaping and almost universally report marked improvements in their breathing, even when they had already been diagnosed with COPD.

Isn't it just possible though that while former smokers converting to vaping may see marked improvement in their breathing, non smokers who vape might see the opposite.

Isn't it possible that former smokers converting to vaping may see marked improvement in their breathing, might find even more improvement if they quit vaping?

Most of us here accept that vaping compared to smoking is harm reduction. I see no problem with trying to understand the extent of that, good and bad. That said there's no harm in criticising flawed studies if they are indeed flawed. They might not be though.

• Agree
Reactions: Jebbn

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
WOO HOO Free Lunch!

l1DGHMZ.jpg

Reactions: Mowgli

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
@Rossum - What are you doing here..!? Are you trying to illuminate this matter so as to draw others to pile on..?

There are testominials about vaping...there are testimonials about God. There are even testomonials about jade eggs.

I know you well enough to surmise that you don't believe this is all a free lunch.
Free? No, it's certainly not free. But it is very affordable.

Yes, I know there are testimonials about all sorts of things. I also know that a whole lot of things that are presented as "science" these days are highly questionable for a variety of reasons.

I think it was zoiD who posted this in another thread. If you haven't seen it yet, it's well worth 30 minutes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread