The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Study: Lung changes from e-cigs

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by Cool_Breeze, Aug 22, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
  2. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    They have this in there

"Moreover, a study from Tarran's lab last year found evidence of toxic compounds in commonly used vaping liquids, and the CDC currently is investigating about 100 recent cases in the U.S. of sudden, serious lung disease in otherwise healthy young vapers."

The 100 recent cases have nothing to do with e-cigarettes with nicotine. They are about teens buying an illegal substance on the street and vaping it. So the rest of the article is suspect too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cool_Breeze

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    @Beamslider - Yes, I agree. I don't think the recent case notion negates the study which was submitted for publication in March of this year.

5. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    Northbound :(
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cool_Breeze

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    @Rossum - What are you doing here..!? Are you trying to illuminate this matter so as to draw others to pile on..?

There are testominials about vaping...there are testimonials about God. There are even testomonials about jade eggs.

I know you well enough to surmise that you don't believe this is all a free lunch.

7. Tabac man

Tabac man Super Member

May 24, 2019
    London
    Isn't it just possible though that while former smokers converting to vaping may see marked improvement in their breathing, non smokers who vape might see the opposite.

Isn't it possible that former smokers converting to vaping may see marked improvement in their breathing, might find even more improvement if they quit vaping?

Most of us here accept that vaping compared to smoking is harm reduction. I see no problem with trying to understand the extent of that, good and bad. That said there's no harm in criticising flawed studies if they are indeed flawed. They might not be though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    WOO HOO Free Lunch!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    Northbound :(
    Free? No, it's certainly not free. But it is very affordable.

Yes, I know there are testimonials about all sorts of things. I also know that a whole lot of things that are presented as "science" these days are highly questionable for a variety of reasons.

I think it was zoiD who posted this in another thread. If you haven't seen it yet, it's well worth 30 minutes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Cool_Breeze

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky