Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I have two of the original Giantomizers. I've only used one and had no issues with it other than........

The Rubber tip is irritating my lips and I think is responsible for the onslaught of fever blisters that have tried to form. I treat them with Zovirax, a powerful antiviral cream for herpes simplex 1 and 2, so I've been able to keep them from getting to the blister stage. My lips actually start stinging the moment my lips touch them.

Anybody have any suggestion for a mod I can do to the tip and/or another tip made from different materials?

BTW.... the little bit I've used the Giantomizer I've liked it and no leaking so far .

Thanks, Alice

Last edited:

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Westamyx... boy, that's a poser! Could it be an allergic reaction rather than something to treat with an antiviral? Just a thought.

If you’re handy, you might try modding the tip by chopping the top, taking a punch or drill to create larger hole (an old CE2 tube would probably work) then insert the tube through the tip and using a regular drip tip. You would in essence be using the Giantomizer tip as a way to seat a different tube to mount a drip tip in.

If you don’t cut down CE2s, You could try syringe tubes - 3ml BD tubes from CVS pharmacy work well and are easier to work with if you lack power tools.

Good luck… hope you find a way around it!

Teach

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Westamyx... boy, that's a poser! Could it be an allergic reaction rather than something to treat with an antiviral? Just a thought.

If you’re handy, you might try modding the tip by chopping the top, taking a punch or drill to create larger hole (an old CE2 tube would probably work) then insert the tube through the tip and using a regular drip tip. You would in essence be using the Giantomizer tip as a way to seat a different tube to mount a drip tip in.

If you don’t cut down CE2s, You could try syringe tubes - 3ml BD tubes from CVS pharmacy work well and are easier to work with if you lack power tools.

Teach
Thanks Teach for info on modding. In the meantime I shoot off an email to Bruce.

Oh yes, it's an allergy. But any stress, bump, or irritation to my lips causes fever blisters to start. Some dental procedures, that cause too much stretching will set them off. Thank doGness my dentist has tiny hands. I've had this issue since I was a baby. And I forget which gloves my dentist has to use but one causes it and another doesn't. The one to use is in my records so I forget.

I have hyper histamine reaction to many things, too. If you grab my arm and twist it a bit I get a histamine reaction of welts and itching.

I have extremely high resistance to bacteria but very little to most viruses. It just takes a little bit of allergy sneezing for a cold virus to start. We keep well stocked with amantadine for Type A cold/flu virus. Until the past three years any flu virus would cause mild to extreme inflammation of my nervous system and brain. Baffles the neurologists so far. A mild flu that affects my respiratory system very mildly can put me in bed, unable to think, walk and for sure not able to drive.

Alice

BTW.... as I've delt with herpes simplex 1 for all of my life I can feel when it starts on my lips. If you catch it soon enough with zovirax you can sometimes stop it from going much further.

Back in the early 70's; and, yes, I had fun..... I was one of the first people at Parkland hospital to go into emergency room with what turned out to be herpes simplex 2 (after it was recognized as such we figured out what the initial outbreak had to have been). They had no idea what it was and treated me with a massive dose of penicillin. It was so bad I had to take off work for a week. Thankfully I haven't had excessive flareups for most of the years since but I did go through a period when I was on oral zovirax for a couple of years. I can feel it coming on before there is any visual indication and it is during high stress times or any irritation. Whip out the Zovirax and nip it in the bud. My husband of 34 years has never gotten it.

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas

Teach

I have plenty of tools and I do cut down E2 tubes. Also have all the MAP and Storm tanks and I've even made my own syringe tanks. I can heat up the E2 tube with a small hand torch (it's not only a great tool to have but a real work of art) and press out the hole with a table vice. Good idea. But I am contacting Bruce just so I can avoid the extra time to create mod, if possible.

Alice

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
I have plenty of tools and I do cut down E2 tubes. Also have all the MAP and Storm tanks and I've even made my own syringe tanks. I can heat up the E2 tube with a small hand torch (it's not only a great tool to have but a real work of art) and press out the hole with a table vice. Good idea. But I am contacting Bruce just so I can avoid the extra time to create mod, if possible.

Alice

Excellent Alice... glad to hear you're you're able to get on even with such a burden!

Thanks for the reminder on that Debb - have those tips become available in the U.S.? Hopefully someone stateside will pick them up... although we can keep our fingers crossed that RS has addressed most of the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread