Modding the Giantomizer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
Hey everyone;

So, I finally got my hands one on of those "giantomizers", and contrary to the flood of crap reviews of them, it seems I've gotten a good one. Wicks good, no leaks, etc. Anyhow, the one issue I have is that it's just not "hot" enough for my tastes. That said, I got to looking at it, and it looks to me like the innards of these are nearly identical to that of a CE2 XL carto.

That said...Does anyone know how to get the giantomizer ripped apart without killing the casing? The batt/atty connector's pressed in there pretty tight, and I'm kinda stumped as to how to get it out safely. I can't wait to slap me a 2.4-2.6 ohm CE2 up in there, really make it rock!!!

Let me know your thoughts!! :)

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Hey everyone;

So, I finally got my hands one on of those "giantomizers", and contrary to the flood of crap reviews of them, it seems I've gotten a good one. Wicks good, no leaks, etc. Anyhow, the one issue I have is that it's just not "hot" enough for my tastes. That said, I got to looking at it, and it looks to me like the innards of these are nearly identical to that of a CE2 XL carto.

That said...Does anyone know how to get the giantomizer ripped apart without killing the casing? The batt/atty connector's pressed in there pretty tight, and I'm kinda stumped as to how to get it out safely. I can't wait to slap me a 2.4-2.6 ohm CE2 up in there, really make it rock!!!

Let me know your thoughts!! :)

It can be done... have patience with it though. There isn't a standard CE2. The giantomizer base is very different - here's a link to another thread - Giantomizer unwrapped...

Last edited:

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
It can be done... have patience with it though. There isn't a standard CE2. The giantomizer base is very different - here's a link to another thread - Giantomizer unwrapped...

Yeah, I figured this one out today...Got a couple more in today, so finally had a used one to destroy: man, is this a PAIN!!! It's too bad, as I'm having *amazing* luck with my giants, and a 2.4 would make a perfect vape!!! :)

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Best way to mod these if the vendor wouldn't give your money back is this way:

Stownz Trashcan Mod
1)pick up Giantomizer
2)slam dunk it into trashcan
3)never buy anything again made my Royalsmokers

Stownz... rather harsh for this early don't you think?! There may be one more way - mesh it. By the way, still no leaking after reassembly.

Attachments

• GMesh cup.jpg
    GMesh cup.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 64
  • GMesh tube.jpg
    GMesh tube.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 83

pedromj

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
Tokyo

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
You can take a look to:

Cigarrillo Electronico - Foro - Vapeando.com · Ver Tema - Giantomizadores, v1, RELOADED

Is a working solution from a Spanish shop and it seems they are going to sell the parts needed to solve the problems. You can use Google Translate to read it in English:

Google Translate :: Cigarrillo Electronico - Foro - Vapeando.com · Ver Tema - Giantomizadores, v1, RELOADED

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the info Pedromj... I can't get to the links though - not sure if it is the links or the site.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Best way to mod these if the vendor wouldn't give your money back is this way:

Stownz Trashcan Mod
1)pick up Giantomizer
2)slam dunk it into trashcan
3)never buy anything again made my Royalsmokers

I don't get it...why should he get his money back or throw away an item he said he is enjoying?
He said it works perfectly and is interested in modding it with lower resistance coil.

Rather than modding them...maybe get or build yourself a 5v PV (if you haven't already) or one with a voltage regulator?
Then you could just pump the wattage a little :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread