Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
So I have a typical dct smoktech I think, nothing fancy or anything, 3.5ml. First couple fills were flawless, I fell in love. Last fill, like the 3rd or 4th, I let it set for a day, just cuz I was vaping something else. Well, I go back to it, nothing but air... I'm so bummed! Was I wrong to let it sit? Can I fix it? How? I don't understand what's happened with it, it was doing fabulously, now its just air. I am still new with it tho. Help?

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Yep.. sounds like something is wrong with the carto itself.. or your batts are dead.. either way it sounds like it's not firing. A walmart digital multimeter is handy for diagnosing problems like this. I also use one to meter my cartos right out of the box to make sure that they are the resistance they are supposed to be. Every once in a while you'll get a dud.. one that doesn't work at all or one that has shorted out and will read very low ohms.. I had one a few weeks ago that read 1.1 ohms out of the box. Putting a carto like this one some devices can ruin the device.. and if it doesn't.. you'll for sure get a dry, burnt hit. The Provari will give an error code, alerting that something isn't right and I can check my ohms right on the device. It's also a good ideal to meter them every day or so.. or every few days. When a carto gets older.. it can go up or down in resistance and you'll be left wondering what is going on. A multimeter is a cheap way to get answers.

If the carto is metering the right resistance and the device you're putting it on isn't dead.. then you might just need to pull your post ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread