Suggestions for a less sweet/less intense flavour rda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Hi guys,

I thought I would try out my old drop dead rda today but it’s super sweet/strong in flavour...

Are there any rda’s out there that are less strong/intense?

I am using some of jammos aliens and some vanilla custard monster e liquid...

Cheers everyone,
✌️
Have you tried adjusting your watts, TC, your coil build, etc.? Maybe it's the juice you've got. I guess I've never seen this question before about wanting a less flavorful RDA! But to each their own, I hope you can find a solution.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @adrianc22, more airflow will help. But another thing to consider is that the DR is a dual coil, so therefore it'll produce more vapour.

So a single coil RDA or two may be a good addition to your collection at some point.

Could I ask what type of coils you use though please? As that can help with more ideas.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

adrianc22

Sep 23, 2018
Hello @adrianc22, more airflow will help. But another thing to consider is that the DR is a dual coil, so therefore it'll produce more vapour.

So a single coil RDA or two may be a good addition to your collection at some point.

Could I ask what type of coils you use though please? As that can help with more ideas.

i have a recurve rda and still have the same problem...

Here are the coils I’m using
Alien Coils 3mm 0.19 ohms By Jammos Smilin Coils - Majovape

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
No worries @adrianc22, have a look around and see if you can find them anywhere else of course. As Fasttech have stopped the MAP code being used with them, and that made them a bit cheaper.

But they were the first RDA that I got hold of and the quality of them is impressive, also the aluminum box can be used as a stand for when you're working on them.

@Fidola13 is another Tauren SOLO user as well, and it's become one of her favorite RDA's to use.

adrianc22

Sep 23, 2018
No worries @adrianc22, have a look around and see if you can find them anywhere else of course. As Fasttech have stopped the MAP code being used with them, and that made them a bit cheaper.

But they were the first RDA that I got hold of and the quality of them is impressive, also the aluminum box can be used as a stand for when you're working on them.

@Fidola13 is another Tauren SOLO user as well, and it's become one of her favorite RDA's to use.
Amazing thanks heaps ❤️

Reactions: Mordacai

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Hi guys,

I thought I would try out my old drop dead rda today but it’s super sweet/strong in flavour...

Are there any rda’s out there that are less strong/intense?

I am using some of jammos aliens and some vanilla custard monster e liquid...

Cheers everyone,
✌️
That's an interesting problem to have you can always set up your settings so that there's suboptimal adjust your coil so that it's what most people would consider not in a good position and make sure that it's not aligned properly with the airflow. Basically search the threads where people are asking for help on how to get more flavor out of things and do the opposite.

Are you just having like temporary sensitivity to the strengthen your juice or the sweetness? Or is it just too much in your face flavor. And you like it to be lower?

Because sometimes I have a situation where temporarily everything is a little bit too intense for me like the opposite of vapers tongue. And when that happens I either go for unflavored e-juice for a while or I will use a sub tank with substandard coils on a lower wattage than I normally would.

However if this is a permanent thing and the juice is just too strong flavored for you it might behoove you to dilute it with some VG PG or use something other than an RDA

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    If you are having the same problem with your Recurve RDA - buying another single coil RDA won't fix anything.

Decent RDAs along with those awesome Alien coils you are using, produce concentrated intense flavour compared to say a drop-in tank.

As others have said - you can simply dilute down a bottle of juice to use in your RDAs. Get some PG or VG and possibly some nicotine base. We can help you work out how much to add, once we know what bottle size etc you are using

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Have you considered diluting your juice with unflavored that you mix yourself? Save you some money by reducing your commercial juice use, saves you from buying a new and untried atomizer.
    Just a thought.

OOPPS, missed your excellent post, @AvaOrchid
    I tend to write stories instead of suggestions so it's better for someone to come along and give similar advice LOL :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread