Status
Not open for further replies.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Speaking of listing device dimentions...
I assume most of your costomers are Americans, but most items (when the size is listed) are in mm and not inches.
I just have no feeling for what 132mm is so I always have to plug it into a metric/inch converter to get a feel for it.
How about listing sizes in metric AND inches?

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
speaking of listing device dimentions...
I assume most of your costomers are americans, but most items (when the size is listed) are in mm and not inches.
I just have no feeling for what 132mm is so i always have to plug it into a metric/inch converter to get a feel for it.
How about listing sizes in metric and inches?
yes please !!!!! :D

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
OK, well sorry if my original comment was overly rude. I guess if I said it more politely, no one would have noticed it?

One more comment I will make and then I am done -

I know some people have commented that they like the pictures on the site. However, one thing that I notice is that when clicking on a main category from the left, you are generally presented with pictures of many sub category items. The pictures are kind of small and having the pictures makes the text describing the items small. For my older eyes, the pictures often are too small to visually identify what the category is exactly and I end up having to really squint at the text and read through it all to find what I am looking for.

Now sometimes that isn't a problem for generic items, say Atomizers and Accesories - I can see the battery very clearly and there is no question what that category is without reading. But look at ecig Kits and accessories. Man I can't tell what most of that stuff is without reading the text which I don't find easy to read.

So in addition to organization, to me the other issue is layout - Fonts/Colors are not easy to read and the pictures don't help a lot. Maybe if I had better eyes or if the pics and text were about 3 times larger I wouldn't have made my original comment.

It all comes down to simplification is your friend when it comes to the impression that you make on a commerce website. Easy to read, easy to see pictures and easy to navigate. When you search find the items you are searching on top, not page 2 etc.

Well, good luck. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers, but I really believe that there is room for improvement that would be reflected in additional customers and sales.

junkman,

If you're having difficulty reading the size font on the pages in a web browser you can easily enlarge the size by clicking control + on a PC or command + on a Mac. You can also change the default settings on your browser for fonts. There is one popular website that has a black background that is set up so none of the fonts can be enlarged. Makes me mad. The only way to get around reading them for me is to use the zoom feature on my computer. I have vision loss from a disease so over the years I've learned to adapt.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
One thing that makes the site look cluttered to me is having multiple listings for the same item. On the T3 page for example, there are listings for a clear T3, a blue T3, a red T3, etc… It would seem much less cluttered if there were just one listing for the T3, and when you click on it, there was drop down menus for color and coil resistance. :2c:

J.R.

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
One thing that makes the site look cluttered to me is having multiple listings for the same item. On the T3 page for example, there are listings for a clear T3, a blue T3, a red T3, etc… It would seem much less cluttered if there were just one listing for the T3, and when you click on it, there was drop down menus for color and coil resistance. :2c:

J.R.
I see that on a lot of sites and it does simplify things, but the way it stands now it is much easier to see which colors and sizes are in stock and which ones are out of stock so I can see advantages to both ways.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
The entire engineering world (US included) uses metric. Just saying.
Yes they do, and it's an excellent system. I'm not suggesting that the metric system is not the superior system for engineering design.

The fact is that the average American customer has been trained to think using our bizarre units of measurement. I'm willing to bet that the majority of GV customers are American. Therefore I suggested listing measurements in both inches and mm. The objective is to make it easy for all the customers to understand the size of these items.

Last edited:

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
I just have no feeling for what 132mm is so I always have to plug it into a metric/inch converter to get a feel for it. How about listing sizes in metric AND inches?
Indoctrinated in the metric system, on one fine day some 35 years ago I was pretty much forced to learn the Imperial system. As much as I .....ed about it at the time, in the end I was OK on it because I now had the ability to instantly think in both systems, and consider that a plus. Give it shot, delve in, get yourself familiar thinking in metric ... it's not that nightmarish -- something new learned.

But one thing still throws me off after all these years ... a US gallon is 3.7 liters, an Imperial one 4.5. Major calc figuring my savings when crossing the border to tank up ... lol

Last edited:

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
I find that one very BORING. Nothing on that home page interests me enough to look any further :unsure:

Well, it is structured in a similar manner as gotvapes and has a ton of products.

What I find as an improvement over gotvapes is that top menu bar that allows you to see options under the top level without having to click it and scroll through pictures.

Plus, when you search, an item - say "boots" you get a full screen of boots and only boots. Or skis gives you a full screen of skis.

Plus the search gives you likely candidates as you type. Nice.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
show me some sites, not ecig related , that is similar to style and desing you would like to see

I think you may be missing something... while a design change may be of use I don't think that is what is needed first. The one thing that I've seen mentioned in the previous posts about this subject ( not to mention this one )... is that the person had trouble finding a particular item which indicates the logic currently used is what is needing addressed. In short, I hardly ever see someone mention that your site looks cluttered... they say they can't find what they were looking for like the chargers that were mentioned earlier.

As an example... atty's, carto's, clearo's and tanks are used to vaporize the e-liquid yet their aren't all together under one category ... In fact, you have atty's and accessories as a category, cartos are another and tanks in yet another... accessories should be in their own category with subcategories below them such as the chargers mentioned as an example earlier is one... as well as cases, cones etc. While I do like having say an eGo battery listed with the kits, they should still be listed under batteries with the other types of batteries.

Another area... you break out the eGo based cartos/clearos into their own category which is great, but you didn't follow that same logic and break out the 510 stuff and 808 stuff... again the logic was not consistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread