Suggestions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
No that's what I can't figure out as I'm using the same airflow. I guess it's just the different material
Same conical chuff cap? Same drip tip? Yeah, heat absorption more than likely. The recurve with the pc cap is a different heat characteristic. I can't really tell flavor difference right now, as I'm vaping mostly unflavored right now, to keep it simple. Had a bad reaction to a flavor that got me back to smoking last year. That's why I'm kinda panning, and figure a collection of mix and match rda would be good. Hoping my orders go through this time... I'd have thought wotofo would have accurate quantities listed. Got 6 decks for the axial, hopefully. Should be enough for 45 years or so, unless we fix this pmta bs

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Placed an order @AngeNZ figured it's not the time to pinch pennies. Missed out on the black rda, but got silvers, and pei caps too... Thanks for the recommendation! Hoping I have enough squonkers and RDAs to last now... One topside left now that #1 & #2 died, 1 aegis sq, might get a standard back cover, I hear the design is flawed, a recurve, and athena... Plus what's coming, another recurve, and 4 pulse v2 mods... Ugh, I hate our government.
H,
Try to contact Dovpo about the Topsides. I hear they will send replacement boards for a small fee.

Cheers
I

• Winner
Reactions: HigherStateD

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
H,
Try to contact Dovpo about the Topsides. I hear they will send replacement boards for a small fee.

Cheers
I
That looks fantastic, but I've heard dovpo us can be, less than helpful... Will give it a go. Though, as it doesn't hurt to try! Tyvm!:banana:

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
OT sorry OP.

I'm a U.S. citizen, Spanish and Irish by birth. I left the D.C. area in 2008 to marry a Spanish woman and raise kids.
It's just another chapter in the adventure.
My Catalan (official Gov't/school language here) & Mallorquín (regional dialect) are gibberish.
Y mi español es muy feo...todavía.

Cheers
I

Awesome you have many homes to go back to ;) and your Spanish will improve with time like my English has :lol::lol: Catalan I wouldn't know what they are talking :shock:

That looks fantastic, but I've heard dovpo us can be, less than helpful... Will give it a go. Though, as it doesn't hurt to try! Tyvm!:banana:

Like Izan said its worth a try. Bummer having the dovpo short on you. I thought they were pretty good.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Awesome you have many homes to go back to ;) and your Spanish will improve with time like my English has :lol::lol: Catalan I wouldn't know what they are talking :shock:

Like Izan said its worth a try. Bummer having the dovpo short on you. I thought they were pretty good.
They are, afaik... #2 died in a frwak accident a month after I got it... The se red and black. It fell on an open case of soda, punctured a can, and got coca-cola sprayed into the cooling vent.
:shock:

... My first one took some serious abuse.
Dropped several times from 3-4 feet onto concrete. I'm think it's a loose wire, as it happened as I was vaping. Pulled it outta storage, fired it up, worked great for 5-6 weeks, then as I was puffing happily away, it said short circuit... Changed the coil, read fine, went to glow it, and now it reads at 0.006ohm... not sure if it's the board, but I have two duds to try and make one nice mech squonker outta if I can't get replacements. If I can, happy dance! :rickroll:

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
They are, afaik... #2 died in a frwak accident a month after I got it... The se red and black. It fell on an open case of soda, punctured a can, and got coca-cola sprayed into the cooling vent.
:shock:

... My first one took some serious abuse.
Dropped several times from 3-4 feet onto concrete. I'm think it's a loose wire, as it happened as I was vaping. Pulled it outta storage, fired it up, worked great for 5-6 weeks, then as I was puffing happily away, it said short circuit... Changed the coil, read fine, went to glow it, and now it reads at 0.006ohm... not sure if it's the board, but I have two duds to try and make one nice mech squonker outta if I can't get replacements. If I can, happy dance! :rickroll:

That sounds reasonable :). At least you have the skills to do a mech out of it :thumb:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: AngeNZ

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
@HigherStateD, I've noticed that a lot of mods don't use Conformal Coatings on the boards to prevent liquid ingress damage.

I think that Dicodes, Evolv and YiHi do use Conformal Coatings on their boards though.
The ingress was due to my lack of alertness, and freek happenstance. The other one, that took Soo much abuse. I'm truly amazed it lasted as long as it did.

Reactions: Mordacai

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Same conical chuff cap? Same drip tip? Yeah, heat absorption more than likely. The recurve with the pc cap is a different heat characteristic. I can't really tell flavor difference right now, as I'm vaping mostly unflavored right now, to keep it simple. Had a bad reaction to a flavor that got me back to smoking last year. That's why I'm kinda panning, and figure a collection of mix and match RDA would be good. Hoping my orders go through this time... I'd have thought wotofo would have accurate quantities listed. Got 6 decks for the axial, hopefully. Should be enough for 45 years or so, unless we fix this pmta bs

Heres some pics of the Axial deck, and builds:

courtesy of @Pigs
    pigni80axial.jpg

and how some of us wick it, thanks to @Skunk! - This is his VAPEROXX mohawks build:

skunksAxial.jpg

My coils are a tad more boring :D

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    @AngeNZ that's how I wicked the recurve! And boring coils are fine... If we don't defund the FDA, I may have to learn to wind things like the staggered ivy wire they have at the site you showed me for the axial... Almost picked up a 17$ spool til I saw it was Ni80
    You think the axial will look good on the mech I bought for it? Page 2 I think

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    @AngeNZ that's how I wicked the recurve! And boring coils are fine... If we don't defund the FDA, I may have to learn to wind things like the staggered ivy wire they have at the site you showed me for the axial... Almost picked up a 17$ spool til I saw it was Ni80
    You think the axial will look good on the mech I bought for it? Page 2 I think

Love the mech. It will suit the Axial perfectly :thumbs:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    If you end up making a fasttech order, do yourself a favor and get a C4 style RDA ($8). Beats the Wasp Nano by a mile in the flavor and airflow categories. The C4 has become one of my favorite single coil squonk RDA's. I actually just ordered 2 of the SS clones and I have 2 authentics. Build deck is more Wasp style but airflow is more like the Recurve (honeycomb) but has a bigger juice well.
    If price isn't an issue, the Asgard Mini is probably one of the best dual coil RDA's I've used.
    And if you can find one, the vandy vape pulse V2 is probably my favorite all around RDA.
    Honorable mentions: Elder Dragon, C2mnt, .Blank, Tauren solo.
    If you end up making a fasttech order, do yourself a favor and get a C4 style RDA ($8). Beats the Wasp Nano by a mile in the flavor and airflow categories. The C4 has become one of my favorite single coil squonk RDA's. I actually just ordered 2 of the SS clones and I have 2 authentics. Build deck is more Wasp style but airflow is more like the Recurve (honeycomb) but has a bigger juice well.
    If price isn't an issue, the Asgard Mini is probably one of the best dual coil RDA's I've used.
    And if you can find one, the vandy vape pulse V2 is probably my favorite all around RDA.
    Honorable mentions: Elder Dragon, C2mnt, .Blank, Tauren solo.
    Those are all fantastic single coil directed air flow RDAs... It's a shame the only one I can find in black is the tauren solo, with the brass logo.... Why do all RDL single coils look so..... What's the word....

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    For drip tips, I keep ordering these black Teflon ones:
    Teflon 510 Drip Tip

Type D, 17mm, Black / SKU: 2304404

Teflon 510 Drip Tip

Type D, 20mm, Black / SKU: 2304409