Super high ohm vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
I tried something new last night.
Made 2 coils, each consisting of 9 wraps 30 awg kanthal. Each coil was about 3.15 ohms I believe. Combined they equal 1.59. I have my IPV4S maxed at 7.5 volts (36.3 watts)
Super smooth cool vape. Good flavor and plenty of vapor production.
2015-08-24 12.36.01.jpg
Anyone else ever try this?
I was getting a bit of a raw feeling in the roof of my mouth when I started sub ohming. So far this seems way better.

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
What goes around comes around :lol: I started out at 3ohms. It used to be pretty normal before everyone came to believe lower was better :D
I hear ya. I got sucked into sub ohming when I started the direct lung inhale instead of MTL. It was like the 2 went together. I won't go quite as high next time but I am super happy with how the day has gone so far. Not sure what this will do to my battery life though.

Reactions: mattiem

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I hear ya. I got sucked into sub ohming when I started the direct lung inhale instead of MTL. It was like the 2 went together. I won't go quite as high next time but I am super happy with how the day has gone so far. Not sure what this will do to my battery life though.
How many watts were you using with the 20awg coils?

Reactions: Ryedan

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
What goes around comes around :lol: I started out at 3ohms. It used to be pretty normal before everyone came to believe lower was better :D

I remember the old EGo atomizers being at 1.8-2.0 Ohms.

Then they started selling the first "low resistance" atomizers... at 1.6 Ohms !!! :lol: :lol:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I remember the old EGo atomizers being at 1.8-2.0 Ohms.

Then they started selling the first "low resistance" atomizers... at 1.6 Ohms !!! :lol: :lol:
I started (didn't last long) with a cartridge/atomizer kit. Then I discovered cartomizers. My first ones were 3 ohm. I pretty much stay at 1.8 with all of my toppers now. Sadly, new vapers don't realize that they can get a very good vape with higher ohm set-ups and a much longer battery time with the higher ohm. I can't imagine having to change your battery several times a day. I had enough of that with my first kit that came with 180mAh batteries :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread