Super shorty life span?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
I picked a few of these up and really like that they don't leak and are easy to fill, but after a couple days they just die for no reason. no warning like burnt flavor, etc. just kaput. Using 3.2's at 5 volts. Lost 2 in the past 4 days and am wondering if it's truly burnt out or if it's a connection problem?

I'm using them with a Precise P18.

thx!

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
I've got a couple 2.0 that I use at 3.6 to 4 volts. They get hot but are still going strong after a couple of weeks.

thx guys. yeah i was disappointed because i was waiting for them to break in (too airy) and then just out of the blue they quit. 3.2's should be fine at 5volts. i just take little hits. I have one more to try. I hope it works out because i really like the way they absorb juice, can drip the to top off and most of all don't leak out the battery hole.

i saved them so i can try to autopsy them and see what went wrong, but usually i snap the wire in the process and learn nothing ;-))

i'll see if i can wiggle the battery end and get some life

dragonrage

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
melrose fl
i have always tested mine on a mm. so i know they are good before i use them and have yet to have one fail on me. i know i might get one with a short life but for the price i can't complain. i also have seen the ohm go up on my first one it went from 1.7ohm to 2.3ohm from 6 weeks of use and still going like it was new. might be time to retire that one and start using the replacement i got for it

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
Testing them with a MM will tell you if it a connection problem or not. Might save tearing up a good carto.

i should do that - my husband has one of those, but i don't know how to test it. i've been too lazy to learn how lol.

i pulled it apart and the coil was junked up really bad in 2 days so it must be the homebrew juice i made. some burnt on the cloth too. I love them though!! will def get some more. these were just a test to see if i would like them and i really do like how minimal the filler is. i'm convinced XL cartos or reg size that are packed too tight, are just a total waste of juice and way too much trouble. if i can perfect using these i will be estatic. Cartos have gotten so bad with major leaking lately (boge, smoktec) that i've gone to plain old 510 attys at 5 volts and they last a long time. These may be an option for me.

will let you know how my final 2.0 ohms one does at 3.7 volts. i like them SO much i'm afraid to use it though lol. i like to save special ones ;-))

dragonrage

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
melrose fl
i should do that - my husband has one of those, but i don't know how to test it. i've been too lazy to learn how lol.

i pulled it apart and the coil was junked up really bad in 2 days so it must be the homebrew juice i made. some burnt on the cloth too. I love them though!! will def get some more. these were just a test to see if i would like them and i really do like how minimal the filler is. i'm convinced XL cartos or reg size that are packed too tight, are just a total waste of juice and way too much trouble. if i can perfect using these i will be estatic. Cartos have gotten so bad with major leaking lately (boge, smoktec) that i've gone to plain old 510 attys at 5 volts and they last a long time. These may be an option for me.

will let you know how my final 2.0 ohms one does at 3.7 volts. i like them SO much i'm afraid to use it though lol. i like to save special ones ;-))
i love every one i got and the only time i every had any problems was when i used to thick of a juice on one and burned it. out of 5 that i have got one was burned do to me and that was a learning curve for me on how to tell if the juice is to thick or not. i use mine every day and i'm never afraid to burn them out if i do i will just get more

RWDY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2011
NM, USA

There is a ohm tester out now, just screw carto or atty in and turn the switch on. A lot less hassle than MM, no leads, no settings to remember. Several vendors carry them.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
i love every one i got and the only time i every had any problems was when i used to thick of a juice on one and burned it. out of 5 that i have got one was burned do to me and that was a learning curve for me on how to tell if the juice is to thick or not. i use mine every day and i'm never afraid to burn them out if i do i will just get more

thank you!!! i will def try PG juice in my last one then. That may have been the problem. I appreciate it. I want these to work, because there is so much crap out there that it gets to be pita when you want to order something, wondering if it's a dud out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread