Supplier Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
I've heard about suppliers getting their orders taken from customs. I was just curious if this would still apply if their order included only the battery and the empty cartridges.

Without the active nicotine in the cartridge is there anything illegal about importing such devices? Wouldn't they be similar to importing pipes?

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
It seems almost random. Some big orders get through some small orders don't and vice versa. this applies to electronics cartridges and liquid. even if shipped seperately. In some nstances the stopped shipments are siezed. in other cases they are returned to sender. Still in other cases they are opened inspected and then allowed through (after being held for weeks) Ordering these products from china is a crapshoot.

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
Agreed.. I've stuff stuck somewhere and other items ordered weeks later that has arrived.. On my tracking page for the missing stuff I can see it went through HK customs and then was released and then no more updates and these were just balnk 905's with nothing else:(

Just out of curiosity since I am considering ordering from China, do you have to use multiple shipping companies? I've never ordered something from China. I'm kind of scared to know what the shipping cost on 50 units alone might be.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
What will you all do in the event a ban goes through? Are you accepting pre-orders--i.e., so you won't be marketing and/or selling after the ban?

No pre-orders for me.. I hate having someones money without product to ship so I only sell it if I have it... In the event of a ban, hmm. Have to play it by ear..

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Just out of curiosity since I am considering ordering from China, do you have to use multiple shipping companies? I've never ordered something from China. I'm kind of scared to know what the shipping cost on 50 units alone might be.

Shipping is outrageous... The main shipper is EMS but dhl and ups are available also and sometimes even more expensive..

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
What will you all do in the event a ban goes through? Are you accepting pre-orders--i.e., so you won't be marketing and/or selling after the ban?
We will continue to stay in business until a legitimate federal or state figure formally tells us to discontinue. It's no secret what we are doing. Our booth is right in the middle of a busy shopping mall. We accept pre-orders in the form of gift certificates or layaway payments. But aren't doing anything along the lines of what you are suggesting.

mpalmer22

Dec 2, 2009
Australia
Hi

I'm from Australia and am currently visiting one of the main factories that produces the e-cigs, its called Boge and located in Shenzhen, China. I was talking to some of the team and they have not had any problems getting their products to their clients and they post them to the US, Japan, Europe, England, everywhere.

I myself have had samples sent to my home in Australia and it arrived complete with cartridges and boxes full of e-cigs.

They post everything mainly by Hong Kong Post, if you have any more questions just ask and I will ask the people here at the factory, I will be staying here for the next 3 months

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread