Status
Not open for further replies.

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
Do tell. It's definitely too fat to make the loops and I haven't had great results when putting silica ends into the wells.

Did not like it, that stuff breaks of tiny particules (can't be too healthy) and the wicking is not better then ekowool IMHO, so no benefit at all.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
Do tell. It's definitely too fat to make the loops and I haven't had great results when putting silica ends into the wells.

I do it with no loop, just one strand (one strand is a thick as a doubled back, or maybe even tripled of regular wick). You just can't bend more than that of this stuff, not and get it into the chamber anyway. So yeah it's a bit trickier, but when I get it right its really good. Plus all I have to do is dry burn it off every couple o tanks. That's really the best thing about the 116, dry burning is a definite non-issue:)

I've also tried cutting a very short second piece(only right where the coil is), then wrap the single strand into shape on the sides.... I really like the 116, but its tricky in the kayfun simply because of space constraints and the fact the the 116 isn't really very flexible compared to silica.

Yeah Emonty, it does have a tendency to shred and while I have heard that its still safe, I understand when people are hesitant. I agree it doesn't wick any better, the plus is the amazing heat tolerance. It's nice to use a wick for a few days and be able to "burn" it back to basically new again. Neat stuff, I do wish it didn't tend to shed so much where you cut it, but it does seem that after the cut, getting wet and some use it does stop.

Last edited:

brian272465

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
florida
Rocking dual coils on my kayfun with very good results. Has anyone else tried this? Heres a couple pics of my setup . I seen this setup on another forum and gave it a shot.
5a2ehe7y.jpg
udy5eqa7.jpg

Last edited:

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
I do it with no loop, just one strand (one strand is a thick as a doubled back, or maybe even tripled of regular wick). You just can't bend more than that of this stuff, not and get it into the chamber anyway. So yeah it's a bit trickier, but when I get it right its really good. Plus all I have to do is dry burn it off every couple o tanks. That's really the best thing about the 116, dry burning is a definite non-issue:)

I've also tried cutting a very short second piece(only right where the coil is), then wrap the single strand into shape on the sides.... I really like the 116, but its tricky in the Kayfun simply because of space constraints and the fact the the 116 isn't really very flexible compared to silica.

Yeah Emonty, it does have a tendency to shred and while I have heard that its still safe, I understand when people are hesitant. I agree it doesn't wick any better, the plus is the amazing heat tolerance. It's nice to use a wick for a few days and be able to "burn" it back to basically new again. Neat stuff, I do wish it didn't tend to shed so much where you cut it, but it does seem that after the cut, getting wet and some use it does stop.

Nice!! but my ekowool works good, after two weeks still without cleaning and a new setup takes 5 minutes.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Perhaps this might interest some folks here:
U Stand Battery Adapter
U_Stand 1-300x300.jpg
Stormy's has 10 ml plastic nettle bottles also I'm not sure if they will fit the ES' though.

Stormy's Vapor Cellar also has Ekowool wick in four sizes coming, it will arrive soon, it's on the way now

Last edited:

fed71

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2012
Krasnodar, Russia
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Forum Rules

MoarVapour

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
United States
Rocking dual coils on my kayfun with very good results. Has anyone else tried this? Heres a couple pics of my setup . I seen this setup on another forum and gave it a shot.
5a2ehe7y.jpg
udy5eqa7.jpg

I've heard one account where it wasn't worth the extra effort and he went back to single coils. But want to try it too, would be curious about your experience. Also seen a video Imeo did featuring dual coils where he suggested pushing them close together so there's no gap (the air blows more directly on both) to lessen the harshness. Might be worth a try if you have it setup.

tim_man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
MA
I tried a dual coil setup. Works pretty good, but was similar to single coil. I may revisit it with some ekowool sometime soon. I have been getting good clouds with this setup lately (flat ribbon kanthal/ekowool). I just built another one the other day but with a couple of additional wraps. wraps are nearly touching with the new one. vaping great.

eko-flat-kanth.jpg

Last edited:

Jacoji

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Portland, OR
I really wish that svoe ran more of a traditional list for their products instead of a mad frenzy to hurry up and get one once they go live... Just a thought.

I think lists are used for modders in lieu of an on-line store. SvoeMesto has their own store and a handful of vendors across Europe. Demand is high and supply is low, so it is going to be a mad grab as they are available, probably for a little while longer. I think Clouds of Vapor (UK) is expecting more stock this month.

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
I really wish that svoe ran more of a traditional list for their products instead of a mad frenzy to hurry up and get one once they go live... Just a thought.

I think lists are used for modders in lieu of an on-line store. SvoeMesto has their own store and a handful of vendors across Europe. Demand is high and supply is low, so it is going to be a mad grab as they are available, probably for a little while longer. I think Clouds of Vapor (UK) is expecting more stock this month.

They're actually pretty easy to get considering them being a high end European atomizer that everyone wants. Despite the fact that you have to play the F5 game, you can get multiple ones in the 6+ months you'd be waiting for an Ithaka. There's a german vendor, russian vendor, italian vendor, UK vendor, and soon to be a US vendor.

Jacoji

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Portland, OR
They're actually pretty easy to get considering them being a high end European atomizer that everyone wants. Despite the fact that you have to play the F5 game, you can get multiple ones in the 6+ months you'd be waiting for an Ithaka. There's a german vendor, russian vendor, italian vendor, UK vendor, and soon to be a US vendor.

At least 2 German vendors and a Swiss vendor.

fed71

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2012
Krasnodar, Russia
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Forum Rules
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread