• Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Forum Rules

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
Do not worry. Russian Post is not a model rapidity, you have to wait 3-4 weeks. Maybe a little longer. I'm waiting for a parcel from the U.S. and Europe 4 weeks. From England waited 2 months.
If the parcel is was held by customs, it is in the way. The next point must be U.S. Customs.

US mail system is not a great model either. My kayfun actually made it pretty quick to US. It is one town over, no more than a 20 minute drive, and the item has been listed as "mis sent" since yesterday :p

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
I found out the hard way that if the airflow screw is fully tightened, it creates a short in the kayfun. I closed it fully to take the top cap off to remove the remaining liquid and change flavors. Probably not necessary, but I figured it was easier than covering the hole with my finger. Anyway, I decided to dry burn and clean off the wick and coil before refilling and the atty was shorted out. Only took a bit of investigating to realize the airflow screw was the culprit. It shouldn't be a problem as you need airflow for the atty to operate properly, but a fair warning that if you close the airflow screw fully, don't fire your device!!

All in all the Kayfun and I have been getting along great. My only gripe is that I do get a bit of a burning taste when I swap for a fresh battery. It goes away pretty quickly, but it happens.

Another thing that can cause this is gunk build up. If your coil is gunky, the ends will heat up quicker where there isn't as much juice. Give a dry burn to get it glowing evenly, flavor will greatly increase.

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Another thing that can cause this is gunk build up. If your coil is gunky, the ends will heat up quicker where there isn't as much juice. Give a dry burn to get it glowing evenly, flavor will greatly increase.

That's exactly what I have been doing every 3-4 tank fulls, but I think I need to disassemble and dry burn after every 1 or 2 tank fulls instead. I am impressed with the longevity of the wick and coil setup, I have put probably 50 mls through it so far and it is still going strong...

Thanks for the suggestion.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
US mail system is not a great model either. My Kayfun actually made it pretty quick to US. It is one town over, no more than a 20 minute drive, and the item has been listed as "mis sent" since yesterday :p

I'm wondering if it might be worth while to call or visit your local po and ask about your package. They might be able to make a call, dunno. At the very least you might be able to fine out exactly what "mis sent" means. Just a thought.

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
That's exactly what I have been doing every 3-4 tank fulls, but I think I need to disassemble and dry burn after every 1 or 2 tank fulls instead. I am impressed with the longevity of the wick and coil setup, I have put probably 50 mls through it so far and it is still going strong...

Thanks for the suggestion.

All depends on the liquid. I have some that I can put many tank though without needing to dry burn, but others (like bobas) will dirty up a coil after one tank. How do you wrap your coil? I use a pin when I wrap mine, and I too find that the wicks last forever (or until they start to fray from me taking off the evaporation chamber every time I change flavors).

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
I'm wondering if it might be worth while to call or visit your local po and ask about your package. They might be able to make a call, dunno. At the very least you might be able to fine out exactly what "mis sent" means. Just a thought.

missent means that it was sent to the wrong post office. They will send it back to the sort facility to be rerouted. If they still can't figure out where it goes, it will go to another facility (in DC I believe) where someone will route it manually. The address label from Russia does not follow American postal standards (you'll see what I mean when you get it), which caused me a day of delay as well.

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
US mail system is not a great model either. My Kayfun actually made it pretty quick to US. It is one town over, no more than a 20 minute drive, and the item has been listed as "mis sent" since yesterday :p

I don't get why everyone rags on the postal service so much. It's cheap as hell and will get anything anywhere else in the country within roughly 3 days barring any screw ups. My local post office on the other hand is absolutely terrible, but that's no surprise considering the area I live.

fed71

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2012
Krasnodar, Russia
  • Deleted by classwife

merops99

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
Dairyland
At last, I received my kayfun yesterday from Russia. No filling bottle but the wire looks not familiar, nice and interesting came with ekowool. The result was my Dingo got juice bath on first filling, frustrated, followed with refill it correctly, vape and the flavor is wow! How to describe? Like sipping the juice directly into mouth....superb!

fed71

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2012
Krasnodar, Russia
  • Deleted by classwife

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
missent means that it was sent to the wrong post office. They will send it back to the sort facility to be rerouted. If they still can't figure out where it goes, it will go to another facility (in DC I believe) where someone will route it manually. The address label from Russia does not follow American postal standards (you'll see what I mean when you get it), which caused me a day of delay as well.

It got to the house yesterday, so all good. Still, maybe I am unlucky but I have had a few things go goofy with US Mail over the last couple of months...

Had some fun with the 3.1 last night. Super easy to get a coil up and running on these things! I do not have a fill bottle yet but took some time to read up on the manual and a few posts out there. Used the fill from top, tighten upside down method and it all works great.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
2 merops99
Kayfun a device for power users. In order not to be a disappointment advise to read the manual.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440288/SM/Kv3.1_UserManual/Kv3.1_UserManual_ENG.pdf

Really is one of the best instruction manuals ever for an e-cigarette, imo. Even better considering how difficult translating Russian to English is. I don't really know why, but I can read a lot of foreign forums with google translate, but Russian sites/forums like the svoemesto forums, well its English words, lol, but oftentimes I'm lucky to get anything more than the general gist/idea:)

Its really great to see so many people enjoying their Kayfun's, there are lots of good atty's out there. But I really love these!

CoyoteRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Prospect Park, Pa.
I do a 4 wrap of 30g on a double 3mm silica, usually end up around 1.1-1.3 ohms.
I usually go a little lower than that on gennies, but I seem to like this setup on the kayfun.
Melted insulators could also be caused by poor wicking causing excess heat, not necessarily the low ohm coil by itself. If there was enough juice flow, the insulators might have been able to handle it. This is pure speculation on my part of course.

I noticed if you let the coil touch or lean against the blocks they wil get pretty hot.So one of my final adjustments is to make sure they are not against the block.

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Does anyone know what size the bottom contact screw is on the 3.1? I just got a kayfun but this screw is missing? Thanks in advance, hopefully it something I can go buy at the hardware store?

Nevermind, found it! This thing is amazing!

Can you share your findings for reference? Glad you are liking the kayfun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread