Sweeteners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Don't do it. Seriously, sugars will just caramelize on your coil and it will be bad. I know, because I was experimenting with the ALcohHols as well as distilled water to thin my (needing to be max VG) vape. I put the TINIEST amount of wine in one vape. It caremalized on the coil immediately, and not only that, during the time I COULD vape the coil, well, to me it tasted okay, but for some reason made my vape smell like CURRY. It was eerie and disgusting, and I didn't even bother trying vodka or even everclear, I was like "Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww." And went to DW.

I mean, try it, satisfy your curiosity by all means! Just make sure to try your "experiment" with a coil you aren't too attached to, and maybe have some incense nearby to quell the complaints of... the neighbors, and also, have a replacement coil handy and be prepared to wash the hell out of your tank.

Good luck. Have fun in CANE land.... You know large, feral, death snakes live there, right? And seriously, have pity on your neighbors and vape it inside and well....

Do report back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anna
Thank you Anna now I understand why you can't use it . Thank you for that information.. Feral snakes in Puerto Rico?
I've never seen one snake here. I've hiked most of the Jungle areas. I aint scared of no snakes except for the two-legged kind.:)

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
zero-carb will kill those cravings :)
I did zero carb some years ago. I was losing weight so fast that it made me nervous. Just didn't seem normal to me, so I bailed on the entire program. This time I decided to just cut out simple sugars. I'm curious as to whether or not sweet e-liquids raise blood sugar?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I did zero carb some years ago. I was losing weight so fast that it made me nervous. Just didn't seem normal to me, so I bailed on the entire program. This time I decided to just cut out simple sugars. I'm curious as to whether or not sweet e-liquids raise blood sugar?
you did ZC/Carnivore years ago? trend-setter... I haven't really lost any weight, not my goal, but I have def lost some belly fat and inches. It sounds like you might not have been eating enough meat, or enough fat.

no, vaping does not affect blood sugar / glucose from what I have read (on this forum and others) from people that vape and test regularly, and it doesn't affect my carb/sugar cravings.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
you did ZC/Carnivore years ago? trend-setter... I haven't really lost any weight, not my goal, but I have def lost some belly fat and inches. It sounds like you might not have been eating enough meat, or enough fat.
It was back in 2004. No, I wasn't eating much fat at all.

Last edited:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
When I used sweeteners I bought this:
https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Sucralo...519095649&sr=1-3&keywords=pure+sucralose&th=1

50 gram of pure sucralose. Now I do not use sweeteners at all, but my wife use it in cooking (10% solution works good), but of course not for dishes where sugar is needed for texture or caramelization. The first packet was good for 3 years, just recently bought the second one. No calories and it is cheaper than sugar. If I remember correctly, sucralose is 600 times sweater than sugar, so 50 gram of it are equal to about 65 pound of sugar.
By the way I hate stevia, it gives a foul aftertaste for me.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
To the best of my knowledge, artificial sweeteners don't raise your blood sugar when vaping, although I guess they may in some extreme cases. I thought artificial sweeteners were initially developed for diabetics? I could be wrong....

Also, my body processes sucralose just fine. I think. I mean, I haven't run into any issues with it, even if my body is just ex......g it in whatever fashion. Again, I could be wrong, but I've never had issues with sucralose.

Anna

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
So why do e juice company’s keep putting sucralose in e juice when they know it’s bad? Your body can’t process sucralose..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But who told you it is bad for a body?
And I think many (most?) of flavors are not digestible also.
And, by the way, prized fiber is prized because it is not digestible.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So why do e juice company’s keep putting sucralose in e juice when they know it’s bad? Your body can’t process sucralose..

Just curious. But How Much Sucralose do you think the Average Vaper is taking in per day?

For me, I put about 5 Drops of Sucralose in 60ml of Unflavored. And vape about 5ml/day. So that comes down to less than 1/2 of a Drop (.4167) of Sucralose per day.

Don't know how Bad this is for my Body? But I do know that it Doesn't Seem as bad as the 20+ Cigarettes I used to smoke.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Artificial sweeteners have been targeted by the sugar industry. I'm not kidding about this. They did similar studies, deciding that feeding mice their body weight daily in aspartame would give them cancer or kill them, or whatnot.

I don't think the phrase "dose dependent" is ever used in any of those studies. If you fed me my bodyweight in KALE, I would also die, my stomach would rupture.

The amount of sweetener used in e-liquids (especially when you control the amount yourself via DIY) can be rather negligible. I really really doubt that I will consume enough sucralose to cause my death, and I also drink some every day (diet Pepsi habit). You know, belladonna is a heart disease treatment, right? Okay, maybe not the best option around these days, but it used to be administered perfectly safely by doctors and did save some lives AT THE CORRECT DOSE.

The body is designed to handle foreign objects, period. Including artificial sweeteners. If the body can't process it, it simply eliminates it.

Diabetics were actually instrumental in allowing artificial sweeteners to remain on the market, as for some it was their only option to consume something sweet... ever.

I rather doubt that any of the sweeteners are going to do much damage, I limit my exposure to my comfort level, but any talk of ANYTHING vape related needs to be considered. If I drank 1 liter of diet Pepsi during a day, I would live (I have proven this to myself for a long time) and the sweetener is excreted. If I drank a liter of 1 mg/ml nicotine, I very much doubt I would fare as well.

Common sense is just the most useful thing to have, most of these questions can be addressed fairly easily by looking at the human body, generally, and dose dependent relationships and that is how you separate out the "facts" from the "alternative facts."

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

As Anna mentioned, your body not processing sucrolose is the point of it.

Sucrolose is an artificial sweetener that is acceptable for making food taste sweet without adding carbs and calories to your diet.

The only alternative to sucrolose is sugar alcohols, which, while having fewer carbs and calories than sugar, still adds carbs and calories to your diet.

Diabetics have to avoid "sugar free" store bought items because manufacturers started using sugar alcohol in sugar free foods, which adds carbs and calories that are digested into a diabetics diet.

As for consumption, the best choice is sucrolose if your watching your intake of sugars, carbs and calories.

It's not bad for vaping, it's bad for your coils and wick because it carmelizes on your coils. Similar to how it doesn't digest in the body, it doesn't vaporize well either.. For this reason with vaping a sugar alcohol can have a benefit, and at very low amounts in your ejuice, it's not enough to affect carbs and calories..

But it's a choice. My daughter has passed but she was a type one diabetic, if I was making ejuice for her, (hypothetically) I would stick with cleaning coils and only use sucrolose in her juice, but for me, as I'm not diabetic, I'm not worried about a very small intake of sugar alcohols so I'm happier avoiding sucrolose for vaping because I'm happier avoiding cleaning coils as often.

In the end, it's personal choice where concerns vaping... but no, sucrolose isn't "bad".

Last edited:

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I was experiencing muscle twitching, pain in my legs and feet, headaches and mood swings. Since cutting sugar out of my diet, all of these issues have pretty much stopped. I don't think my waking (fasting) glucose level was ever below 115. Since stopping sugar, readings average 90 to 100. I've lost 9 lbs in 16 days! I'm not cutting out potatoes, as they are a natural source. I figure anything that naturally grows is okay to consume. The one thing I'm not giving up, are my Lay's kettle cooked salt and vinegar potato chips... No f-ing way! I'm keeping my Jalapeno chips too. I've noticed that I'm getting dehydrated a lot as well. I wasn't noticing PG dehydration much when I was consuming a lot of sugar, but I do now.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I was experiencing muscle twitching, pain in my legs and feet, headaches and mood swings. Since cutting sugar out of my diet, all of these issues have pretty much stopped. I don't think my waking (fasting) glucose level was ever below 115. Since stopping sugar, readings average 90 to 100. I've lost 9 lbs in 16 days! I'm not cutting out potatoes, as they are a natural source. I figure anything that naturally grows is okay to consume. The one thing I'm not giving up, are my Lay's kettle cooked salt and vinegar potato chips... No f-ing way! I'm keeping my Jalapeno chips too. I've noticed that I'm getting dehydrated a lot as well. I wasn't noticing PG dehydration much when I was consuming a lot of sugar, but I do now.

The healthiest diet in the world is a diabetic diet.

A diabetic has to count both carbs and calories, because you need a certain amount of calories a day in order to maintain a healthy weight (my daughter always had to fight to keep her weight up) but as a diabetic only a certain amount of those calories can come from carbs, as carbs become sugar in your bloodstream and thus affects your blood sugar levels.

When you start counting carbs, you realise just how many things are a carb, bananas counts toward carbs, for instance.

But it's a very ideal diet, and if your having beginning stage problems with your blood sugar then it's something to look into with a nutritionist and your doctor.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
As Anna mentioned, your body not processing sucrolose is the point of it.

Sucrolose is an artificial sweetener that is acceptable for making food taste sweet without adding carbs and calories to your diet.

The only alternative to sucrolose is sugar alcohols, which, while having fewer carbs and calories than sugar, still adds carbs and calories to your diet.

Diabetics have to avoid "sugar free" store bought items because manufacturers started using sugar alcohol in sugar free foods, which adds carbs and calories that are digested into a diabetics diet.

As for consumption, the best choice is sucrolose if your watching your intake of sugars, carbs and calories.

It's not bad for vaping, it's bad for your coils and wick because it carmelizes on your coils. Similar to how it doesn't digest in the body, it doesn't vaporize well either.. For this reason with vaping a sugar alcohol can have a benefit, and at very low amounts in your ejuice, it's not enough to affect carbs and calories..

But it's a choice. My daughter has passed but she was a type one diabetic, if I was making ejuice for her, (hypothetically) I would stick with cleaning coils and only use sucrolose in her juice, but for me, as I'm not diabetic, I'm not worried about a very small intake of sugar alcohols so I'm happier avoiding sucrolose for vaping because I'm happier avoiding cleaning coils as often.

In the end, it's personal choice where concerns vaping... but no, sucrolose isn't "bad".
I want just to add that we cannot really use sugar alcohols in vaping. They are not sweet enough, sugar is sweeter than they are. So, big amounts of sugar alcohols are needed to sweeten juice properly. More additive in juice = more gunking.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I want just to add that we cannot really use sugar alcohols in vaping. They are not sweet enough, sugar is sweeter than they are. So, big amounts of sugar alcohols are needed to sweeten juice properly. More additive in juice = more gunking.

I use the erythritol which is a sugar alcohol and I don't use it in a greater quantity.

Most ejuice flavors are already fairly sweet tasting, most mixes just need a small sweetening boost, and sucrolose actually provides too much in many instances. A lighter touch is generally in order.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread