The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SXK Billet box...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Fredman1, Mar 2, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    No, it doesn't affect anything inside of the BB. It just replaces the the drip tip key.

BB Tips Rev4 - JMK Tips1.jpg

2. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Oh I bought one and I love it! If you rebuild, it is really handy instead of putting it in the tank and testing it. Sure you could use a mod to dry burn and test your builds, but it needs a really deep 510 to handle those RBAs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Oh yeah I forgot you got the whole caboodle..plus all the extras :D
    I'll see how I go first. I see it went through my customs, so it won't be long now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. bussdriver

bussdriver Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2013
    I've never had an authentic Billet Box, only the SXK clone. But if I'm not mistaken, the drip tip screw threads are different between SXK and the authentic. Therefore unless corrected, I say be careful on that one; the drip tips above appear to be for the authentic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Thank you bussdriver. Yes I hear a mix of both from people who own BBV and SXK BB. It appears some SXK production runs use the same threading and some SXK do not. So even if one SXK will work, another may not. I guess I'll find out soon. :unsure:

• Like Like x 2
  7. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    OP - seems like you made a solid choice buying the DNA version, as I have heard that the 70w board is prone to failure, at least much more often than the DNA board. I have owned both and not had a problem with either, but apparently others have.

I use condensation plugs on mine to keep any juice/condensation from running from the bottom of the boro/tank/chamber into the seam of the display bezel. The plugs also keep the inside of the door dry. Bought three plugs from Jwraps on ebay. If you are interested, you can buy them directly from on the Jwrap site - just go there and search for "plug". You get three for $6.95 plus shipping.

My current SKX BB stash consists of two DNA 60s, 8 or 10 boro tanks (two that will accept Aspire Atlantis coils), a bunch of Kanger RBAs, Kanger coils (kanthal and Ni), Aspire Nautilus coils, Aspire Atlantis coils, two Exocet clones, an Insider clone, and two Aspire Atlantis RBAs.

As others have stated - as much as I want a threaded after-market drip tip, I'm not sure they will fit my BB and really don't want to buy something I can't use.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I have heard that condensation plugs is a must. But oddly enough, I see no evidence whatsoever I need them at all. When I MTL, I would greatly need them for sure. But when DTL, everything stays dry. And I haven't done much MTL at all. Maybe it depends on the individual.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yeah I was to and fro between the two, but something inside said go for the best. Again I want to name LegendGadget...not only was their service very good, they were also $19 cheaper than Fasttech which I usually use.
    As an interest...how do you usually run your BB? Do you use the kanger/nautilus ones and what you think of it? Also how do you find the insider and exocet?

• Like Like x 2
  10. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Most of the RBAs for the billet box come with a plastic airflow control ring that fits on the bottom post of the RBA. The ring is either drilled or slotted, and you can rotate the ring to control the airflow to some extent.

Edit: I don't use any of those provided since I prefer a DTL hit, but you can see the black plastic airflow ring in this picture. The Kanger style RBAs that come with the SXK BB kit also have a ring, but it has holes drilled in it rather than the slots in the Exocet RBA shown here:

sxk-hellfire-exocet-rta-for-billet-box.jpg

When using a coil - like the Kanger OCC or Aspire Nautilus or Atlantis - the airflow does vary depending on the coil ('thing') that you use. You can also use the old Boge-type (punched) cartos in a standard boro tank, which will provide a tighter draw.

• Like Like x 3
  11. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Right now I am using one of the Kanger RBAs with a .9-ohm kanthal coil, running at 18 watts for long battery life, and getting pretty good vapor and flavor. The Exocet is also an excellent RBA and easy to build at the same resistance, or lower, with no leaking issues, and vapes very well.

For me, the Kanger and Aspire coils work well when I'm lazy or want something different, but seem require a bit more wattage to get a good amount of vapor - and each gives a different draw. The Kanger and Atlantis coils are a bit more open than the Nautilus as I recall.

Generally, I use an RBA and just keep the Kanger and Aspire coils for back-up as part of my vapocolypse stash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    I usually get a bit of condensation on the inside of the door, and some (not a lot) juice that migrates behind the boro tank, which is evident when I remove the tank. It's not much, and not really a problem, but I bought the plugs as a bit of cheap insurance against shorting out the board, which some folks have reported with the 70 watt model.

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    I like the Insider a lot, and it is a bit easier to build than the Exocet - with post holes to capture your coil leads. I really wish I could find another clone, but for some reason they have been discontinued - probably low demand.

• Like Like x 2
  14. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Who is "them"?

15. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    LegendGadget

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    • Like Like x 3
  17. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    • Like Like x 2
  18. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Ha Ha been there...;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. harlielover

harlielover Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Michigan
    We are thinking of getting the SXK BB 70W for my husband to drag around with him to work. He mainly vapes tobacco eliquids and is a MTL type of guy. Not sure what insert to get for him, could use a few inputs from those of you that are familiar with the device.

Fasttech shows the following as available to buy: SXK Vape Shell, Exocet styled RDA and Insider styled RDA.

Can any of these be closed down enough for him to MTL on them. No problems with the building as I can do that with no problem. Any input would be gratefully appreciated.

• Like Like x 1