Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
No, it doesn't affect anything inside of the BB. It just replaces the the drip tip key.

BB Tips Rev4 - JMK Tips1.jpg

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
OP - seems like you made a solid choice buying the DNA version, as I have heard that the 70w board is prone to failure, at least much more often than the DNA board. I have owned both and not had a problem with either, but apparently others have.

I use condensation plugs on mine to keep any juice/condensation from running from the bottom of the boro/tank/chamber into the seam of the display bezel. The plugs also keep the inside of the door dry. Bought three plugs from Jwraps on ebay. If you are interested, you can buy them directly from on the Jwrap site - just go there and search for "plug". You get three for $6.95 plus shipping.

My current SKX BB stash consists of two DNA 60s, 8 or 10 boro tanks (two that will accept Aspire Atlantis coils), a bunch of Kanger RBAs, Kanger coils (kanthal and Ni), Aspire Nautilus coils, Aspire Atlantis coils, two Exocet clones, an Insider clone, and two Aspire Atlantis RBAs.

As others have stated - as much as I want a threaded after-market drip tip, I'm not sure they will fit my BB and really don't want to buy something I can't use.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I use condensation plugs on mine to keep any juice/condensation from running from the bottom of the boro/tank/chamber into the seam of the display bezel. The plugs also keep the inside of the door dry. Bought three plugs from Jwraps on ebay. If you are interested, you can buy them directly from on the Jwrap site - just go there and search for "plug". You get three for $6.95 plus shipping.
I have heard that condensation plugs is a must. But oddly enough, I see no evidence whatsoever I need them at all. When I MTL, I would greatly need them for sure. But when DTL, everything stays dry. And I haven't done much MTL at all. Maybe it depends on the individual.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
seems like you made a solid choice buying the DNA version
Yeah I was to and fro between the two, but something inside said go for the best. Again I want to name LegendGadget...not only was their service very good, they were also $19 cheaper than Fasttech which I usually use.
As an interest...how do you usually run your BB? Do you use the kanger/nautilus ones and what you think of it? Also how do you find the insider and exocet?

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Does AFC on the BilletBox depend on the 'thing' installed in the tank? Are there any adjustments?

Most of the RBAs for the billet box come with a plastic airflow control ring that fits on the bottom post of the RBA. The ring is either drilled or slotted, and you can rotate the ring to control the airflow to some extent.

Edit: I don't use any of those provided since I prefer a DTL hit, but you can see the black plastic airflow ring in this picture. The Kanger style RBAs that come with the SXK BB kit also have a ring, but it has holes drilled in it rather than the slots in the Exocet RBA shown here:

sxk-hellfire-exocet-rta-for-billet-box.jpg

When using a coil - like the Kanger OCC or Aspire Nautilus or Atlantis - the airflow does vary depending on the coil ('thing') that you use. You can also use the old Boge-type (punched) cartos in a standard boro tank, which will provide a tighter draw.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Yeah I was to and fro between the two, but something inside said go for the best. Again I want to name LegendGadget...not only was their service very good, they were also $19 cheaper than Fasttech which I usually use.
As an interest...how do you usually run your BB? Do you use the kanger/nautilus ones and what you think of it? Also how do you find the insider and exocet?

Right now I am using one of the Kanger RBAs with a .9-ohm kanthal coil, running at 18 watts for long battery life, and getting pretty good vapor and flavor. The Exocet is also an excellent RBA and easy to build at the same resistance, or lower, with no leaking issues, and vapes very well.

For me, the Kanger and Aspire coils work well when I'm lazy or want something different, but seem require a bit more wattage to get a good amount of vapor - and each gives a different draw. The Kanger and Atlantis coils are a bit more open than the Nautilus as I recall.

Generally, I use an RBA and just keep the Kanger and Aspire coils for back-up as part of my vapocolypse stash.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I have heard that condensation plugs is a must. But oddly enough, I see no evidence whatsoever I need them at all. When I MTL, I would greatly need them for sure. But when DTL, everything stays dry. And I haven't done much MTL at all. Maybe it depends on the individual.

I usually get a bit of condensation on the inside of the door, and some (not a lot) juice that migrates behind the boro tank, which is evident when I remove the tank. It's not much, and not really a problem, but I bought the plugs as a bit of cheap insurance against shorting out the board, which some folks have reported with the 70 watt model.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

Also how do you find the insider...?

I like the Insider a lot, and it is a bit easier to build than the Exocet - with post holes to capture your coil leads. I really wish I could find another clone, but for some reason they have been discontinued - probably low demand.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan
We are thinking of getting the SXK BB 70W for my husband to drag around with him to work. He mainly vapes tobacco eliquids and is a MTL type of guy. Not sure what insert to get for him, could use a few inputs from those of you that are familiar with the device.

Fasttech shows the following as available to buy: SXK Vape Shell, Exocet styled RDA and Insider styled RDA.

Can any of these be closed down enough for him to MTL on them. No problems with the building as I can do that with no problem. Any input would be gratefully appreciated.

Reactions: charlie1465
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread