SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken B

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
Penang
You're very welcome Ken :)

The build in the Doggy I'm vaping right now is 4/5 wraps spaced quite wide, 27 gauge SS, 3mm inside diameter reading 0.39 ohms on my Pico 75 and I'm vaping it at 14.5 watts. My juice is 100% PG and the Muji wick is very saturated. I find Muji vapes almost identical to KGD. If you are vaping high(er) VG juices that may make a difference in the popping compared to my setups.

Hope that helps a bit and best of luck with it all!

To be honest, the only thing that I have not tried (because I didn't think of it, and being too focused on the actual build) is the make-up of the juice. I only vape home-made menthol at 65/35 pg/vg which I always thought was a fairly average mix for most builds. You have at least given me an option for further troubleshooting for which I am grateful, and at the same time, always hoping that a Doggy will give me a better vaping experience too.

Many Thanks to all for your input.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'd put the checkmark on the BUY button if they had the replacement tanks!

Soon, perhaps.

They've got the sxk PC ones now:
    SXK Replacement PC Cap for Doggystyle 2K18 $1.92

Pretty blue/pink/green/yellow PC tanks: ($6.75:shock:)
    9679682-1.jpg

And YFTK pei tanks $9.29 :shock::shock:

Now they just need to stock the top connector thingy ;)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Thank you, Ange. I'm holding out for the acrylic 2k18 tanks.

Fussy, moi. <blush>
    I will say that I started out with the PC tanks of the SXK, and preferred them because they were clear, and I liked that look. But the threading is better/easier on the SJMY, and I've kinda started liking them more. I definitely like the draw on the SJMY more (and have converted all the SXK's), but the tanks themselves, in spite of the frosty look, are a little better, and easier not to cross thread. Not that the PC is bad, but I have one that's a little more difficult to align when screwing on.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Thank you, Ange. I'm holding out for the acrylic 2k18 tanks.

Fussy, moi. <blush>
    Have you damaged any Doggy tanks?. I had to cancel the spare tanks so I could get the V2 quicker. The spares could take 7 or more days just for them to get.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Have you damaged any Doggy tanks?. I had to cancel the spare tanks so I could get the V2 quicker. The spares could take 7 or more days just for them to get.

I use both PC and acrylic tanks ricks, but I prefer the clear acrylic just for the look. FWIW, I haven't damaged any of them yet and I've been vaping these puppies since April this year. I actually thought it's been longer than that, but went through my FT order history just now and that was when I got my first one.

Screwing on the tank requires a bit of a feel for when the threads engage so you don't strip one. I don't consider it any harder to work with than any other fine threads we deal with, and if you've already got used to that you are golden here.

I've also dropped a Doggy/Pico 75 combo onto a concrete floor a couple of times at work and the tank survived fine. Both times it landed on the drip tip and dinged the tip. I'm good with that, a bit of sandpaper fixed the DT and I was a happy camper again :)

I think I have 10 spare tanks now. The way it's been going so far, these things will probably outlast me though! Of course, one awkward drop could ruin a tank too so it's nice to have some spares.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I like the clear ones too.

Great luck on the drops. I've been lucky to not drop mine on hard surfaces. Only carpet.

I'm still waiting on my Swag. I ordered it Oct 31. The website I ordered it from keeps lying about the shipping . First they said it shipped the next day. Then they said it shipped on the 5th. Now they're saying they ran out of stock. But it shipped... Drives me crazy.

We don't need replacement tanks because we bought spares... If we didn't get the spares, we would have broken them all.

It's just how things work out...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

I damaged either a tank or the chimney. I think it was the latter but I've been too lazy to test it with the "few" spares I have. I'll get around to it. *

I used a needlenose on the chimney which is why I think I dented it or something. It still works - I've been "jamming" it on and off.

* In Robin's memory (still reeling) and with Classy in mind too <3 <3...

s-l300.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I have been vaping for 5 years, the last 4 of which has been with Kayfun Lites etc. With spare parts being a bit more difficult to source, I feel it is time to replace them with perhaps the Doggy which seems like it could be an equivalent vape to the Kayfuns. I have tried the Siren 2 which while a good vape, is not without problems, so maybe I could ask for advice here regarding the Doggys.

I am having the same problem as member "kinda" Post 1015 - (sorry, cant see any "Quote" on that Post")
    On my Kayfuns, and Siren. I am getting that tooth shuddering Pop at virtually every vape. It is something I have learned to live with because having tried every possible combination of coils-spaced-unspaced, wicks tight packed- looser/loose, tails-thinned, not thinned, touching deck-not touching deck, Wattage high/low, TC high/low, coil high/low above deck, In other words, you name it and I have tried it, but apart from a marginal improvement with unspaced coils, and it is marginal, nothing has worked.

I do intend to get some Doggys, but wondered if anyone had solved or improved this problem that some have with the Doggy. It seems really weird that the YT videos I have seen show these completely trouble-free coils and wicks with nothing like the care and precision with which I build my decks.
    Any comments appreciated.
    My wife and I both have dogs and pretty much vape the same wattage, juice, and coils, but she vapes very lightly, whereas I vape the opposite, meaning she doesn't pull no where as hard, therefore gets much less air across her coil. She definitely gets much more popping then i do , so it can have something to do with this. I can sit here right now and dry fire my coil and get big pops, but if i actually vape it, i do not...i always thought it was wicking, and still think it plays a part, but it probably also has to do with airflow over a cold coil

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I damaged either a tank or the chimney. I think it was the latter but I've been too lazy to test it with the "few" spares I have. I'll get around to it. *

I used a needlenose on the chimney which is why I think I dented it or something. It still works - I've been "jamming" it on and off.

* In Robin's memory (still reeling) and with Classy in mind too <3 <3...

s-l300.jpg

Well done. Perfect, in fact.

Thank you, Longolino. :wub:

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    That's what she called me WAY back (5-6 years) before she knew me. I've "graduated" up since then.

Now she calls me, "Shut-up, Dave." :laugh:

LOL … yeah well she calls me "Ax" and all because I live in the woods (she forgets the "e" though)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread