Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Does anyone have a pic of their rayon wicking with the doggy? I am not sure I have mine wicked right, not getting a good vape yet. I have an SS coil in it, not sure if my rayon tails are too thick but it is sort of wimpy LOL How thin do you go on tails?

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Does anyone have a pic of their rayon wicking with the doggy? I am not sure I have mine wicked right, not getting a good vape yet. I have an SS coil in it, not sure if my rayon tails are too thick but it is sort of wimpy LOL How thin do you go on tails?
    20180904_134406.jpg

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018
    In the video for the 2k18 they invert it before closing. (see video below)

With a Kayfun, I actually invert it when I open or close the JFC so that the pressure doesn't pull liquid into the chamber. I never get leaks this way.

This video of the authentic 2k18, shows how to close the liquid control.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    If/when I want a top fill tank, I use my Beloved Go Tanks, and my Kayfun Diamonds. Or an Ares. I never even think about leaks, nor do the tanks, thankfully. Fill and go, go and fill and go. :)

I remember the whole inversion thing with the OG Kayfuns, and for the life of me, I could NEVER remember at exactly which point I was supposed to stand on my head.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks! Looks like what I have, tails just touching deck. Maybe it's my coil.

dog.jpg

Here's mine - my tails may be a bit too long though. @bigbob2322 (my resident guru doggy builder) will let me know ;)

I use ss & rayon. Learnt to keep the coil height low for better flavour.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I had gurgling on the refill after leaving the fill top off for 20 minutes. It was about half full tho.

I just went to fill it again and forgot to close the liquid control... Had some dripping out the air hole. Grrrr
    This is why I have no use for jfc. It should just wick, without me telling it what to do! Loved my Kayfuns, but not part of the past I romanticize! 2K16 still rocks!:thumb:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    View attachment 785655

Here's mine - my tails may be a bit too long though. @bigbob2322 (my resident guru doggy builder) will let me know ;)

I use ss & rayon. Learnt to keep the coil height low for better flavour.
    Well I lowered the coil a bit and trimmed tails a bit, it is a bit better, just doesn't seem right yet, I will keep fiddling :)

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    If/when I want a top fill tank, I use my Beloved Go Tanks, and my Kayfun Diamonds. Or an Ares. I never even think about leaks, nor do the tanks, thankfully. Fill and go, go and fill and go. :)

I remember the whole inversion thing with the OG Kayfuns, and for the life of me, I could NEVER remember at exactly which point I was supposed to stand on my head.
    Kat? Do you like the Ares better than the Doggy? I've never tried an Ares. (yes there IS a tank I haven't purchased)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    In the video for the 2k18 they invert it before closing. (see video below)

With a Kayfun, I actually invert it when I open or close the JFC so that the pressure doesn't pull liquid into the chamber. I never get leaks this way.

I’ve been doing that w the single coil Zeus as I was getting spit back and gurgling after refilling too. Also the af closed.

Mr_Classica

Feb 8, 2018
    Just got my 2K16 in the mail:

IMG_20181212_220643264.jpg

Been using it for about a day(with a delicious caramel macchiato nic salt I just discovered a few days ago) and these are my personal thoughts, for those that give a rats ...!

-profile/aesthetic are obviously opinionated fully. I like that it looks different and open, but I'm usually not one for such squat tanks. This one appeals to me though

-The drip tip is not my style at all. Short dt on a flat top tank is lame. It's also a very wide 510 fit, making most other drip tips super loose in mine (much like the Berserker and berserker mini, which is the only drip tip I've found that interchanges well with the 2K16)

-loving the plastic tank sleeve. Not a lot of that going on these days, but I'm a fan.

-do not like the build deck, personally... I'm usually ok with screw head clamps, but I think a cramped deck like this works better with post/bottom screw clamps

-The airflow ring... Big negative for me. It only has one hole and is a bit more fiddly to make a tight MTL draw. More importantly, I've not found a way to remove the bottom deck without also removing the airflow ring, which is incredibly annoying for a bottom filled tank

-flavor is frickin on POINT. Definitely a top contender for best flavor tank out there, based on what I've tried(admittedly not as much as others up here, but still)

-juice capacity is also a major high point. With so many 22mm tanks that only take 2ml, it's refreshing to see a tank that pushes those boundaries without becoming a 24+mm tank

-my last niggling point is that I can't stand flathead screws lol. Phillips head or Allen key for this guy

This isn't my favorite tank, but it has a few exceptionally high points and no flaws so great that I wouldn't recommend it at the EXCELLENT prices you can find it for online. This may end up being a backup tank for me ultimately, but it's going to be THE backup tank in my collection

Thanks for reading, folks!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Kat? Do you like the Ares better than the Doggy? I've never tried an Ares. (yes there IS a tank I haven't purchased)

Welp, that'd be a big fat no. The Ares is fine/ok, but sits in another tier of the stadium for me. I likey my Doggz, and that's not changed since Day Uno.

More importantly, I've not found a way to remove the bottom deck without also removing the airflow ring, which is incredibly annoying for a bottom filled tank

Mr_C, have you one of these? (or even the infamous lil' blue ones?)

screwdriver 0822182340.jpg

They truly make opening the Dogger kwite simple and one need not even remove the A/F ring.

0716181835.jpg

fis1976

Jul 3, 2018
    I want to get the 2K18 but I like tight draw and I think that bigger air hole (compared to the SXK 2K16) will affect my stile of vaping. I saw that 2K16 base (or even better, the positive post) is compatible with the 2K18 so here is the question, is SXK 2k16 positive post sold separately? I didn't find them on FT tho.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread