Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I want to get the 2K18 but I like tight draw and I think that bigger air hole (compared to the SXK 2K16) will affect my stile of vaping. I saw that 2K16 base (or even better, the positive post) is compatible with the 2K18 so here is the question, is SXK 2k16 positive post sold separately? I didn't find them on FT tho.
I like a tight draw too and my 2K18 can be closed tight enough for me.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I want to get the 2K18 but I like tight draw and I think that bigger air hole (compared to the SXK 2K16) will affect my stile of vaping. I saw that 2K16 base (or even better, the positive post) is compatible with the 2K18 so here is the question, is SXK 2k16 positive post sold separately? I didn't find them on FT tho.

Nah the fasttech positive replacement post has the larger airflow diameter hole. So you'd need to get this:
    SXK Doggystyle Styled RTA 2k16 version and either use the base (if compatible) or use the positive post.

@Mr_Classica - first thing I do with every new rta is change the drip tip ;) Had a fixation with the innokin zenith curved drip tip for a while now. Also the aspire nautilus 2 drip tip works well in the doggy.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Nah the fasttech positive replacement post has the larger airflow diameter hole. So you'd need to get this:
    SXK Doggystyle Styled RTA 2k16 version and either use the base (if compatible) or use the positive post.

@Mr_Classica - first thing I do with every new RTA is change the drip tip ;) Had a fixation with the innokin zenith curved drip tip for a while now. Also the aspire nautilus 2 drip tip works well in the doggy.
    My favorite drip tips are from the original Berserker. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0267/1841/products/DSC0611-1_large.jpg?v=1543370093

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

I want one now too :rolleyes:

Here's my fave:
    picoswag.jpg

Innokin zenith tip on left, nautilus 2 on the right.

Is your 2k18 still gurgly ricks?

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2016
    My fasttech order of another SXK 2k16 (have 4 total now) has finally hit my city. The Canadian Postal strike delayed things pretty good. The reason for the order, though, was another Pico 75 for my wife and another Swag for me. I'll be buying a few more 2k16s soon...Still the tank to beat for me and I want a good supply. Not even opening this one...going right into storage for backup.

I MAY try the 2k18, but I'm pretty confident they ruined it....for me. ;)

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I want one now too :rolleyes:

Here's my fave:
    View attachment 785849
    Innokin zenith tip on left, nautilus 2 on the right.

Is your 2k18 still gurgly ricks?
    No more gurgling. My errors were the cause tho. My last refill today was gurgle free. I like not having to remove the tank for refilling.

Try one of the Berserker tips... I think you'll like them.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    @AngeNZ, Have you tested putting the post from the 16 into the 18? It seems like it should work but I'd like to make sure before I put in an order since I probably wouldn't use it otherwise. Thanks!

My 2k18 is still stuck in a depot somewhere in New Zealand. If I knew which depot, I'd drive up and collect it ;)

When it DOES finally turn up - I'll let you know about the post. I'll also try the 2k16 sxk deck in it.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I got one coming too, thought it would be here today...

A package from China turns up today, I rush in from mail box, rip the package open, to find it was a order with drip tips and spare tank glasses, I had forgotten they was coming, never been disappointed to get Vape mail till today :nah::lol:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I got one coming too, thought it would be here today...

A package from China turns up today, I rush in from mail box, rip the package open, to find it was a order with drip tips and spare tank glasses, I had forgotten they was coming, never been disappointed to get Vape mail till today :nah::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    I agree, I hate waiting. Especially since it's the weekend here in nz so I have to wait two more days at least :rolleyes:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I broke my first polycarbonate tank! To be fair, I dropped it pretty hard this morning. It cracked. The good news is that the one thing that didn't vanish from my possessed doggy was the tank, so I still have a couple spares which I will build at some point in life. Probably not today.

I just wanted to share my speshul talentz LOL

Anna

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I broke my first polycarbonate tank! To be fair, I dropped it pretty hard this morning. It cracked. The good news is that the one thing that didn't vanish from my possessed doggy was the tank, so I still have a couple spares which I will build at some point in life. Probably not today.

Anna
    I think you're the first???

• Agree
    Reactions: DPLongo22

-Loom-

Oct 25, 2018

Anna
    I broke a PC tank aswell. I wanted to try changing a tank, just for the sake of it. Figured out that it's not the best iea to remove the top cap first. In the end I had several fine cracks by sheer pressure. (Used a plier out of frustration ..)

So I learned to remove the chimney inside the tank, and then the whole section is easily removable. Beside this, never had a problem with a single doggy tank. This piece is really robust!

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Glad I am not quite the first. LOL. I am going to get ONE doggy 2018 because I still feel leery of juice control. I am mainly doing it because I am having to order my Hastar Cthulu and Vapefly galaxy from there, they're to expensive and I can't find them where I need to and etc. Annoyance. I don't want to wait but I have a Rose V3 Fumytech coming to distract me. I found it one clearance for 19 dollars (not sure if that is good or bad) but I had to buy SOMETHING last night, yesterday, well it sucked. I though it was adorable when I first saw it and I thought so again. So, if it vapes half as nicely as it looks, I will be happy.

I seem to remember spirted discussion of it being the greatest tank of all time/'unworthy to be scraped of the bottom of someone's shoe. Guess I will be finding out. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: KC0YNU

-Loom-

Oct 25, 2018
    I found it one clearance for 19 dollars (not sure if that is good or bad) but I had to buy SOMETHING last night, yesterday, well it sucked.

Anna,

just in case you are still in the 'buy-something-mood':

You might want to consider the 'Flash-e-Vapor'. Out of the dozends of atties just the Doggy and the Flash are in regular use. The Flash-e-Vapor (FEV) is the easiest and most forgiving attie I come across so far. I think you mentioned a fine-motoric handycap? Then the FEV would be for you. Huge build deck, absolutely no leaking. Works, whatever you throw at it. And the flavour is phenomenal. Dense, creamy .. yummy!

It's immensely propular in Germany, where it was developed. Ther are high quality clones available at the usual places. Mail me if you neeed more information. Is PM working here? I didn't find a way..

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Anna,

just in case you are still in the 'buy-something-mood':

You might want to consider the 'Flash-e-Vapor'. Out of the dozends of atties just the Doggy and the Flash are in regular use. The Flash-e-Vapor (FEV) is the easiest and most forgiving attie I come across so far. I think you mentioned a fine-motoric handycap? Then the FEV would be for you. Huge build deck, absolutely no leaking. Works, whatever you throw at it. And the flavour is phenomenal. Dense, creamy .. yummy!

It's immensely propular in Germany, where it was developed. Ther are high quality clones available at the usual places. Mail me if you neeed more information. Is PM working here? I didn't find a way..
    That FEV looks extremely Tall...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread