Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
One of my doggys - my fave sjmy has an airflow ring that is so tight, I have to use a screwdriver to adjust the airflow ;)

The rest of my doggys have spinners though
Try other orings on the air control... Should help with both issues.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    5.5 with the new one that's coming. I am having fits trying to recoil a couple of mine. It's been unpleasant. I had forgotten. LOL.

Anna
    Use a longer piece of wire to make it easy for you to trap your leads then cut off the excess wire.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    One of my two doggies is now rewicked. It was an ugly affair. Things tried: annealing wire (sort of helpful) different types of coils and diameter and whatnot. That was not good at ALL. Demanding the perfect screwdriver from the husband (he's not getting it back. I'm not sure he knows that yet, but I have already hidden it so there should me not much argument) "Oh honey, I'm so sorry it might have gotten lost somewhere..."

Many instances of... Oooh, I have a resistance! I have one! Ooh.... Let me fire up this.... FLAMES... Ooch now it says atomizer short.

I finally grabbed one of those coils from my Rose V3 tank. Something about the thickness of the wire plays well with my fine motor tremor. I might have to buy stock in those coils.... Because I like how they vape, apparently. Not for my easily recoiled Sirens and whatnot, nope. but for these dang tanks, maybe.

Anna

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I
    One of my two doggies is now rewicked. It was an ugly affair. Things tried: annealing wire (sort of helpful) different types of coils and diameter and whatnot. That was not good at ALL. Demanding the perfect screwdriver from the husband (he's not getting it back. I'm not sure he knows that yet, but I have already hidden it so there should me not much argument) "Oh honey, I'm so sorry it might have gotten lost somewhere..."

Many instances of... Oooh, I have a resistance! I have one! Ooh.... Let me fire up this.... FLAMES... Ooch now it says atomizer short.

I finally grabbed one of those coils from my Rose V3 tank. Something about the thickness of the wire plays well with my fine motor tremor. I might have to buy stock in those coils.... Because I like how they vape, apparently. Not for my easily recoiled Sirens and whatnot, nope. but for these dang tanks, maybe.

Anna
    Can you post a pic of this? Curious

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Anna

I don't have your tremor problem, only arthritis in my hands - so you get all my sympathy and amazement you coil so many RTAs :wub:.

With coiling the doggy - the only way I can hold it tight enough to trap the legs is this (your coil needs very very long legs):

Wrap the leg around the screw , then pull it over to the opposite screw, wrap that as well - and tighten up the first screw. Unwrap from your 'holding' screw, and cut the buggers leg off ;) Repeat for the other side.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    For :censored:s and giggles, I tried out 26 gauge ss316l in my doggy this morning.
    8 wraps, 2.25mm id (2.5mm shorted it :rolleyes:) - came out at 0.45ohm.
    26gauge.jpg

Flavour was outstanding. But it was a hot vape. Going to try again with less wraps next time.

Anyone else using 26 gauge?

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    For :censored:s and giggles, I tried out 26 gauge ss316l in my doggy this morning.
    8 wraps, 2.25mm id (2.5mm shorted it :rolleyes:) - came out at 0.45ohm.
    View attachment 789013

Flavour was outstanding. But it was a hot vape. Going to try again with less wraps next time.

Anyone else using 26 gauge?
    I use 26 only these days

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread