ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    @Zazie here's my wicking for the 2k16 doggy:

Ignore the crap coil ;)

Step 1:make sure there's daylight between the coil and the screws - I've had 2.5mm id coils end up hot legs, causing leaking so I use 2mm or 2.25mm id.
    coil.jpg

Step 2: stuff your wick through the coil
    wick.jpg

Step 3: cut wick to line up with the base
    cut wick.jpg

Step 4: juice wick, poke each tail into wick slots
    juiced wick.jpg tails.jpg

Step 5: finito - stick it into the tank
    finito.jpg

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    It’ll have to wait until FT resumes shipping from Beijing.

My Hussar Project X rta & my other order of accessories are touring Nanjing with no eta as to when sightseeing will be over :sneaky:

Thanks though ;)

Yeah Nanjing can kiss my ..., bring back Beijing :D

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    @Zazie here's my wicking for the 2k16 doggy:

Ignore the crap coil ;)

Step 1:make sure there's daylight between the coil and the screws - I've had 2.5mm id coils end up hot legs, causing leaking so I use 2mm or 2.25mm id.
    View attachment 824377

Step 2: stuff your wick through the coil
    View attachment 824379

Step 3: cut wick to line up with the base
    View attachment 824381

Step 4: juice wick, poke each tail into wick slots
    View attachment 824383 View attachment 824385

Step 5: finito - stick it into the tank
    View attachment 824387
    I used a 2.5mm coil but saw daylight all around and checked that the legs didn't glow when I bedded the coil in, so I think I lucked out. But if rewicking doesn't take care of the leaking, maybe I'll give a 2.25mm coil a try. Hate to take out the one that's in there, though, since it performs fine as long as the tank is upright.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I used a 2.5mm coil but saw daylight all around and checked that the legs didn't glow when I bedded the coil in, so I think I lucked out. But if rewicking doesn't take care of the leaking, maybe I'll give a 2.25mm coil a try. Hate to take out the one that's in there, though, since it performs fine as long as the tank is upright.

Definitely leave your coil, just try the wick. I'm using smidgies (sjmy) and I think the screws are a tad bigger in the sjmy than the sxk - so you will have more room.

And this is the best place to post any problems you have (even with @DPLongo22 popping in ;)) I got tons of congrats when I build my first doggy, tons of advice and tips when I tried rayon, tons of being laughed at when I went back to cotton :p - it's a pretty well rounded thread ;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    And this is the best place to post any problems you have (even with @DPLongo22 popping in ;)) I got tons of congrats when I build my first doggy, tons of advice and tips when I tried rayon, tons of being laughed at when I went back to cotton

:thumbs:

(I rather like his pop.)

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Rewicked the Doggy today, and I think I may have done it right this time: I've been letting the ProVari recline on the table and so far, so good. After this test, I'll probably start sticking it in the designated holder again, because it takes up less space that way. But I had to prove to myself that I could tame the Doggy.

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Rewicked the Doggy today, and I think I may have done it right this time: I've been letting the ProVari recline on the table and so far, so good. After this test, I'll probably start sticking it in the designated holder again, because it takes up less space that way. But I had to prove to myself that I could tame the Doggy.

she's pretty fun the doggy - and congrats on taming your sxk aka sexy (blame @DPLongo22 for that one :lol:)

doggy.jpg

StickyDate

Jul 17, 2017
    I've had a good run out of my Doggy since I got it two weeks ago. No leaks, seepage, condensation, or wet spots. I'm so impressed that I've given it an LBL (Light Bladder Leakage) rating of 10/10.

My only small complaint is I tend to get some eliquid on my fingers when refilling and screwing in the deck.

Good luck with yours Zazie.

download.jpg

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
    Finally! Just arived. Did a quick build with vandy vape mtl clapton wire, wicked it and been chain vaping. I cant believe how well this thing keeps up with 80 20 12mg juice. Not crazy about stainless drip tip but this thing is cheap I'm deff buying another one. Flavor is great and its keeping up with the wicking. I dont even know what diameter build I did around a 2 2.5 maybe 6 wrap came to .6 olm. So not bad for first quick build! Thanks to this forum for the info. I wish I bought this thing years ago!

Attachments

• 20190717_154821.jpg
      20190717_154821.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 40

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
    Meanwhile, my Doggy oozed overnight but is fine today. I'm blaming it on the weather.
    Ughhh. Gonna be hot here tomorrow I'm gonna take it to work and probably be outside all day. I hope I have any ishues like that But so far so good. Flavor actually just got even better guess the cotton just broke in a little or something. I'm loving this thing.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Meanwhile, my Doggy oozed overnight but is fine today. I'm blaming it on the weather.

Stuff more cotton in it and try longer tails - or try the opposite if you did that this time ;)

It could also be an O-ring problem on the top of the chamber. Rewick next time it's due, then if still oozing, I'll post pics of how to deal with that o-ring.

Until then ;)

327344527.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread