SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckcabbage

May 7, 2018
@Zazie here's my wicking for the 2k16 doggy:

Ignore the crap coil ;)

Step 1:make sure there's daylight between the coil and the screws - I've had 2.5mm id coils end up hot legs, causing leaking so I use 2mm or 2.25mm id.
View attachment 824377

Step 2: stuff your wick through the coil
View attachment 824379

Step 3: cut wick to line up with the base
View attachment 824381

Step 4: juice wick, poke each tail into wick slots
View attachment 824383 View attachment 824385

Step 5: finito - stick it into the tank
View attachment 824387
Great post this. It inspired me to try again with my Doggy after a period where I'd gone back to Zenith / Zlide. Wicked perfectly and came out at 1.07. The flavour is outstanding so thanks for pointing me back in the right direction.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Great post this. It inspired me to try again with my Doggy after a period where I'd gone back to Zenith / Zlide. Wicked perfectly and came out at 1.07. The flavour is outstanding so thanks for pointing me back in the right direction.

You made my day - and you are very welcome.

I got all my doggy rta coiling and wicking help from the awesome members of this thread over the past year, so it's great being able to pass it on :thumb:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    You two need to come with a :danger: sign :lol:

Are those just for the bottom (airflow), Ange, or valuable elsewhere? I ask because I remove the AFC ring from my SXKs (dun want 'em there).

Top of the deck o-ring and bottom of the deck o-ring - so unless you use them on your smidgee, you won't need them ;)

but @SKYYcamel this set might be handy for you and other doggy owners:
    $2.70 Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarettes (50 Pieces) - 8/9/10/11/12mm*1.0mm / ships ten of each size at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

In there should be the right sized o-ring for the top of the chamber - where it's screwed into the tank.

Reactions: stols001

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    blush.jpg

• Winner
    Reactions: AngeNZ

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I hope so. I know mine fit the SXK, but I'll give a Smidge a shot this weekend.

I think so (others may know better).
    Unless this thing blows my mind, it won't be a daily driver. If I like it, it may just be a better option to just buy a few more doggies instead of replacement tanks. I'll get replacement parts and replacement tanks in one shot.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Unless this thing blows my mind, it won't be a daily driver. If I like it, it may just be a better option to just buy a few more doggies instead of replacement tanks. I'll get replacement parts and replacement tanks in one shot.

It's a great "comfort" tank. Very good flavor & performance (just under the Erls for me), ridiculously easy & forgiving to wick, and durable as heck. I have one that's been running straight lemon (vape) juice for almost two years, and nothing even close to a crack.

Plus, you can even drop them without worrying.

Good tanks to have on hand, in case our legislators ever decide to abuse their power & authority.

~Captain Denial (me, today) ;)

I just now realized a certain appropriateness that V (Vape) is the Roman Numeral for 5, directly relating to Article V of our Constitution.

Things that make ya go, "Hmm..."

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    It's a great "comfort" tank. Very good flavor & performance (just under the Erls for me), ridiculously easy & forgiving to wick, and durable as heck. I have one that's been running straight lemon (vape) juice for almost two years, and nothing even close to a crack.

Plus, you can even drop them without worrying.

Good tanks to have on hand, in case our legislators ever decide to abuse their power & authority.

~Captain Denial (me, today) ;)

I just now realized a certain appropriateness that V (Vape) is the Roman Numeral for 5, directly relating to Article V of our Constitution.

Things that make ya go, "Hmm..."
    That's what's driving me to get them, just to have backups in case I can't get them anymore.. and driving me to get backups of these backups because I'm sometimes Mr. Clumsyhands, or forget my mod is in my lap while driving :lol::lol:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I would NOT be without my kennel-full. LOVE my Doggerz in every way.

The replacement tanks should fit both. It's really only (maybe only) the A/F that changes from one to the other. Smidge has the larger A/F.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread